Has CCRP accuracy been fixed yet?

MobiSev

I havent had a chance to check yet, but has it been fixed? It was extremely inaccurate the last time I used that mode, massively overshooting the target.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Depends what are used.

Quote from Wikipedia:

According to Raytheon's fact sheet for the Paveway 2, 99 deliveries of guided munitions will yield a circular error probable (CEP) of only 3.6 feet (1.1 metres), versus a CEP of 310 feet (94.49 metres) for 99 unguided bombs dropped under similar conditions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-12_Paveway_II

So what would be expected with "similar conditions" from CCRP using radar or no radar?

Already in Harrier presentation (

@ 17:00 forward) the pilot says Harrier was accurate to drop bombs than Hornet because the ARBS system vs radar metering in hornet.

The Harrier will drop all over places as well if you do not have ARBS lock on target. That someone said here, should be primary reason to cancel attack of no ARBS lock.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I havent had a chance to check yet, but has it been fixed? It was extremely inaccurate the last time I used that mode, massively overshooting the target.

Not that I know. But you can use some work around to improve things.

- Aim short by designing with the top of the diamond rather than the dot in the center.

- dive between -20° to -30°.

- designate below 6000m

Have a look here at 10:00

https://m.ina.fr/video/CPC08003568

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Not that I know. But you can use some work around to improve things.

- Aim short by designing with the top of the diamond rather than the dot in the center.

- dive between -20° to -30°.

- designate below 6000m

Have a look here at 10:00

https://m.ina.fr/video/CPC08003568

What am I looking for? The bomb delivery in the M2k or the bomb missing the tank by a good bit in the prior scene?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As folks have said, it depends how you use it. I generally use dumb bombs against larger targets, not "tank plinking". The previous advice is good though. Use somewhat of a dive angle, and the closer you drop the less error.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Depends what are used.

Quote from Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-12_Paveway_II

So what would be expected with "similar conditions" from CCRP using radar or no radar?

Already in Harrier presentation (

@ 17:00 forward) the pilot says Harrier was accurate to drop bombs than Hornet because the ARBS system vs radar metering in hornet.

The Harrier will drop all over places as well if you do not have ARBS lock on target. That someone said here, should be primary reason to cancel attack of no ARBS lock.

Its the "under similar conditions" thats the red flag so to speak there. I'd guess thats for a level delivery from mid altitude. Sounds like a "marketing factoid" if I ever heard one.

There is youtube video of the ARBS from the 80's on a A4M, where its getting direct hits on tanks too. Again, marketing vs. reality.

• 3 months later...

I just revisited the Mirage and read the CCRP section in the manual for the first time.

In the manual bombing Mk82 in CCRP is used while diving!

Like mentioned above, when you use CCRP while diving (flight profile more like using CCIP) and designate the target just a few seconds before release it is very accurate!

I am really surprised how accurate!

What am I looking for? The bomb delivery in the M2k or the bomb missing the tank by a good bit in the prior scene?

Oops, I missed that comment...

From the HUD delivery sequence, you should see that the Mirage 2000N aren't targeting tanks.

This is a fake airfield and they are a targeting fake runways...

You can see that the bombs in the background explode on a kind of "runway", or at least a surface clear of any vegetation.

Anyway, targeting tanks with free fall bombs isn't the smartest idea.

CEP IRL for that generation of aircraft in this kind of release with radar telemetry is around 20m at best, being Mirage, F-16 or Hornet or whatever.

Even Paveway II wouldn't guarantee you a direct hit, rather a "close enough".

Paveway III is better suited for that.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It is bugged. They are precise, but not accurate, meaning they always miss exactly the same way. They always fall long. This is nowhere near true to life.

To test for yourself, get a feel for how long they fall in a test mission. Use a tank to practice on. Now place another tank behind it that distance. Designate the first tank, and you will always hit the second. No matter your attitude at release or at designation. We use a similar procedure to zero in gun sights to differentiate between shooter error and an error in the sight presentation. If I shoot a sub-moa group at 100 yards, but every round is up from the bullseye, then I know the problem is my sights, not me.

Also, CCRP is used in a dive to designate. The procedure is then to perform a climb-out until bomb release, so the bombs are not actually released in a dive. This is according to the documentation and the training mission included with the module.

It should be fixed and definitely cannot be accounted for by the random dispersion you would expect from a generally inaccurate method.

Edited by LastRifleRound