A10-C Panel models and knobs

Lars

There is a locking ring on toggle switches that hold them in place and keep the toggle from getting loose and rotating. The locking ring tab fits in those slots. There are two slots 180 degrees apart to allow the flexibility of mounting different type toggles.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is the correct cut out for regular sizes toggle switches. I can only guess he did not take the time to cross reference the switch list in my build thread(this will give you the key way placement that corresponds with the locking ring tooth) with the flight manual for switch functions.(tells you I what way the switch moves or locks) what he did was just easier and faster still works.

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all got a question.. So I decided to down load the files for the Panels at the beginning of thread. I contacted a cnc shop and asked them to review the files and give me a price on making some of the panels. For myself I was looking at the DXF files thru Freecad 0.15 and notice that some of the letters where the machine would pocket out the material for the lettering was missing. In corresponding emails with the cnc shop they mentioned the same thing that he would have to redo the lettering on the panels cause they were incomplete. So I guess my question is to be able to view the panels where they all look complete what program does one use for that? I am thinking that I need a specific programs that was used to view them? Thanks Brew

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread here. I've downloaded Lars' A-10 panels and cannot open them in Fusion 360 or FreeCAD. Anyone have a link to newer files or ones that were converted to another file type?

I'm wanting to 3d print some panels and so far this is the most complete set I've been able to find with a search. If there are others out there please point me in the right direction.

-=gos=-

• 8 months later...
All panels are released in DXF format:

INSTRUMENTS ON THE LEFT SIDE:

AUX LTS: Updated 23.11.2015

SAS: Updated 23.11.2015

IFF

EMERGENCY: Updated 23.11.2015

INTER: Updated 23.11.2015

ANT: Updated 23.11.2015

VOL: Updated 23.11.2015

VHF :Updated 23.11.2015