MiG-19 Push To Talk Radio Key binding

Rakkis

• 1 month later...
I cant seem to find the proper command for PTT in the Mig-19 Key binds, can some one make me look foolish and tell me how i've been missing it for 20 minutes please?

Same question here. There is the standard bind for the comms menu, but PTT? :helpsmilie:

• 1 year later...

is there any news on this one?

Has Razbam ever taken this missing binding into account or even just acknowledged it?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So we still use the "communication menu" button to transmit as if it's an FC3 low fidelity module, or as if its on easy comms?

If you add the bind for transmit it doesn't actually trigger the radio menu:

{cockpit_device_id = devices.RADIO_RSIU4V, down = radio_commands.Transmit_Btn, up = radio_commands.Transmit_Btn, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('RSIU-4V Transmit Button - Push to Transmit'), category = {_('Throttle Quadrant'), _('Custom')}},

I'm guessing the button is non-function, which makes it at odds with every other DCS full fidelity modules. The only one that doesn't have a PTT button...

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 10/8/2023 at 7:27 AM, MAXsenna said:

Damn, I had to double check. Well, I use VAICOM so I never noticed.
If you use Qaggles' and Munkwolf's keybinds this is included.

Cheers!

image.png

Yep that's where I copied it from. 

Unfortunately the bind does nothing, only the comms menu works. 

No big deal I guess, it just looks shoddy to be inconsistent with easy comms turned off. 

Yep that's where I copied it from. 
Unfortunately the bind does nothing, only the comms menu works. 
No big deal I guess, it just looks shoddy to be inconsistent with easy comms turned off. 
I see. But then I guess something's up on your end, because it works for me. The Munkwolf keybind that is. But Razbam needs to implement it in the core of course!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I see. But then I guess something's up on your end, because it works for me. The Munkwolf keybind that is. But Razbam needs to implement it in the core of course!

Strange, the Munkwolf keybind is the only one I have for that control as well.

I was testing on instant action and figured maybe they have easy comms on that may have blocked it, but just tried in a fresh mission in the mission editor and it still doesn't work.

Tried both a key and a button.

However using the comms menu will open the radio even in the air (works just like easy communications does).

That's what makes me suspect the bind is broken, because usually the comms menu button will not be able to call the radio if you're in the air.

Strange, the Munkwolf keybind is the only one I have for that control as well.
I was testing on instant action and figured maybe they have easy comms on that may have blocked it, but just tried in a fresh mission in the mission editor and it still doesn't work.
Tried both a key and a button.
However using the comms menu will open the radio even in the air (works just like easy communications does).
That's what makes me suspect the bind is broken, because usually the comms menu button will not be able to call the radio if you're in the air.
Yeah, the single backslash "\" communication keybind was changed to be only for ground comms a while back, (in most modules). Guess Razbam missed the memo on that one. Haven't checked out the keybinds for their other modules as I was so sure they had done the change in all of them.
But like I wrote, Munkwolf's works fine for me. Just bound it for testing now vas I use VAICOM anyway, and don't bind any comms keys or PTTs in the game because I don't use the radio menu.

• Like 1