Runway lights revisited

upupandaway

Stumbled over this again today:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78968

Despite this being a short, neglected and long forgotten thread - whenever I´m reminded of this fact, one question pops up in my head, so I´m just gonna put it out there:

With Nevada, DCS: Next, Flying Legends and all in the works I´m guessing that this flaw / missing feature will not be adressed anymore?

Personally, I think the new-style-airfields are really gorgeous but whenever I create missions, I tend to avoid any of the old-style-airfields, because they really suck in comparison, effectively limiting the "usable space" of the whole map. It´s really the only thing that sticks out to me on the map as something not up to the standards of everything else.

While in daylight it may not be as apparent, at night time there is a quite noticeable difference if the lights are just hovering 2D lightsources. When another light source comes into play it gets even worse, turnign those blue lights into nothing but dark blue blobs next to the runway / taxiway...

Over time this engine has been polished up to a point where it can create very impressive scenes with some gorgeous lighting, but this just feels off to me.

And I also have to ask why for example Kobuleti and Koptinari / Kutaisi are still old style amidst all those other beautiful new airfields?

I mean - what were the criteria? Military vs. civilian?

Sorry for the rant. Had to get this out of my head...

Don´t get me wrong - otherwse I really love (almost) all that is DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I agree, they look bad, if ED are going to fix it I hope they fix all of the approach lighting patterns at the same time which are just ridculous collections of lights with no sensible order, except the ones at Batumi that are reasoneably good. Makes ILS to minimums exciting enough though.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m