Noob Questions - Viper setup

mac22

Just been trying to setup the viper module and I read somewhere there were already some default controller profiles for some of the controllers (I am using the warthog throttle and virpil mongoose stick)

How can I load then up (location and name of file would be useful) or should they auto load when I connect the device? - note seem to remember when I loaded the game for the first time there appeared to be some random functions assigned...……...any help in setting up appreciated

The setup you refere to, is the default in the F16 DCS sim, so you dont need to do anything...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

The setup you refere to, is the default in the F16 DCS sim, so you dont need to do anything...

thanks for the reply

ok so you mean when I entered the f16-sim setup with the 2 controllers connected it autodetected and loaded the "default profiles" already?

- as mentioned did notice a few things were assigned such as axis - but didn't think it was enough to fly with?

can anyone point me to a guide that explains the F16 controller setup?

go here to user files and then filter for aircraft and device profiles

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

in my experience these are a good start point and i end up making changes to my liking.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Normally people setup up their hotas one or two ways. Take the tm warthog hotas and you started with the A-10 module so you mimicked the Warthog’s buttons on the hotas that way what you sre you get then they switch to the f-16 they have a decision to make on the stick the throttle is a little harder. That is either configure the f-16 commands to mimic the a10s so muscle memory takes over or reconfigure it to mimic the viper and learn everything all over again.

Me I have different controllers that I use depending on the module the huey gets the center mounted warthog stick mounted to the floor with extensions, a collective from MaxFlight and the tm tpr pedals I mimic the buttons as close as possible. The viper gets a side mounted cougar stick, the cougar throttle and the tm tpr pedals. The A-10 gets the warthog ctr stick, warthog throttle and the tm tpr pedals. You see I do mine based on simulating the modal as well as I can . Not every module that uses muscle memory like the way chucks guides show you.

I know not everyone has or can afford different controlers for each setup I was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time and could afford them and as a vr -pilot needs feel over muscle memory. It is taking a while to accumulate everything and even longer the ability to get it working which is still in progress. Been slowed down by my health. But as I lay here it gives me time to construct my pit just the way I like it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.