Best Multi-port USB hub for multiple Flight Peripherals

Because I am using a Dell G3 laptop to play off of I obviously don't have a lot of USB ports to work with.

It has two 3.0 ports and one 2.1 port.

One 3.0 port is always taken up for my Logitech Unifying dongle. Have keyboards and mouse setup in three different locations. Work, home and out of town house for work.

I'm in the process of purchasing an up to date flight system which will include stick, throttle and rudder system.

Since they all have their own USB plug-ins I will need a multi-port USB to tie them altogether.

Looking for opinions on what I should use that's both portable but effective.

Not sure how much data transfer flight controllers use.

I also just recently purchased a Track IR with Pro Clip that will have to be tied in as well.

I use the Sabrent Powered USB Hubs. I have a couple of different models.

Most controllers use USB2 and dont play well with USB3. It just depends on the controller though and how much power it needs. I have one hub that has my TM Warthog stick, throttle, logi rudder pedals, logi throttle tqs, a small keyboard, 2 elgato stream decks, logi trackball/mouse, razer orbweaver all attached and used. Sometimes I attach my headset and TrackIR pro when I am not using VR and have no issues.

Spend the money on the good hubs. I do use some of the USB3 hubs but connect them to the USB2 ports on the PC and that seems to work fine.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

I use Anker hubs with external power. Work great.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I’m also on a laptop I use one or two powered usb hubs from amazon.com. I’ve never Ed had a problem. I just plug one item I. At a time. Checked it worked right then shut down plugged in the next item start it up verified working item.rinxe repeat etc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The Atolla 3.0 usb 7 port plus charging is cheaper and is 2.0 backwards compatible. Free shipping on amazon depending on your location.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I got ICY BOX IB-HUB1701-U3 and I like it a lot since every port has own switch so I can turn off my saitek X56, PS2 camera and lasertrack (with LEDs) while they are still connected. I don't like LEDs while I do others stuff that DCS.

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalk

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

I'm looking at this one as well.

Want something that lays flat with all USB connectors on the same face.

Got it yesterday and hooked it up to the 3.0 USB port.

Both TM Cougar set up and the Logitech Extreme running great.

One thing though....Amazon site is telling you that you have 2.5 feet of USB cable.

That's a lie. You have less than a foot which really disappointed me. Wanted to mount it some where behind my flight control panel where it was out of the way. Now I have it hanging off my laptop every time.

I got ICY BOX IB-HUB1701-U3 and I like it a lot since every port has own switch so I can turn off my saitek X56, PS2 camera and lasertrack (with LEDs) while they are still connected. I don't like LEDs while I do others stuff that DCS.

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalk

I second the recommendation for a hub with switches. Being able to turn things off without yanking cables preserves the quality of those connections. Also, it is kinda cool to switch on all your stuff as you are setting up for a DCS session.

I use this one https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8CMR18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1 since I wanted something flat that I can bolt to my console and also I like the high power charging port on it.