Afterburner gate.

Airhunter

+1 on this. A option like in Falcon 4.0 where you could set your own AB activation point would be very useful!

guide22.gif

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I personally would prefer a Button for it.

Put Throttle to the max, gives only military power. Push the AB-button activates afterburner wshile throttle is on max. When move throttle back from max, afterburner will deactivate and when i go on max again i only get mil. power until i press the AB-button again.

or do we have an Ab-Marker like the Viggen?

I personally would prefer a Button for it.

The F-14 afterburner isn't a digital on-off affair, it has various stages or levels of afterburner from minimum to maximum, so needs a analogue control method.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-14 afterburner isn't a digital on-off affair, it has various stages or levels of afterburner from minimum to maximum, so needs a analogue control method.

Then maybe the 'detent' button would toggle between the MIL range and burner range?

If they could give you the option for different kinds of detent styles akin to the special options in the Hornet, that'd make everyone happy. Especially me... :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

There is this thing called muscle memory. Works quite well in other modules. I expect it will carry over nicely to the Tomcat ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

But what would be the safest way to go full military power on takeoff without accidentally entering AB? Is there a key for 100% power?
There was a 3d printed ab detent for the warthog, it works like a charm.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

IMO a convention with DCS modules should be reheat/wep for all aircraft occurs at a set position. Ideally adjustable so different hardware can be catered for.

So far I've tested the Mig21, Mig19 and Harrier with my new virpil throttle and the detent I set for the Mig19 coincides with reheat on the 21, and 100% with the harrier....

Be interesting to see if its the same for the F14 later today

There was a 3d printed ab detent for the warthog, it works like a charm.

Don't even need that, 3 minutes with a little file and the inbuilt detent can be turned into a push through that works perfectly once you set up the throttle curves correctly.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

But what would be the safest way to go full military power on takeoff without accidentally entering AB? Is there a key for 100% power?

Common buddy: we won't tell anyone if you go AB for 0.4 seconds.

You probably won't be sent in martial court either. :lol:

Will the deck crew module simulate the crew members losing their pants in the jetwash?

Good inputs guys, the sound is a good indication like in the Viggen. Only wish we had an afterburner indication light in the cockpit for another visual confirmation.

Watch the nozzle gauges. They open when it kicks in and the gauges jump up to 2 twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg