Afterburner gate.

Airhunter

There is a sound that the throttle makes when you go into the AB detent. Listen to that :)

But this isn't the greatest solution.

By giving a button option I can place my throttles forward quickly and positively and not be concerned on whether or not I entered the AB, I know I did not unless I pressed the button. No need to look, no need to listen, I can be confident I'm where I want to be.

Needing to listen for a specific sound when radios and going, Jester is talking, I'm paying attention to other stuff is a bit ridiculous.

Please provide an option for a detent similar to what the hornet has. That's a better solution for some, myself included.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

+1 on this. A option like in Falcon 4.0 where you could set your own AB activation point would be very useful!

guide22.gif

Or even just what the hornet has. I've been trying to press this issue for a while. Seems to be ignored

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3808535&postcount=1

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

But it does, you just have to enable user curve and slider and you can set the throttle activation of the afterburner after the detent.

My settings are:

local diff = {

["axisDiffs"] = {

["a2005cdnil"] = {

["changed"] = {

[1] = {

["filter"] = {

["curvature"] = {

[1] = 0,

[2] = 0.04,

[3] = 0.08,

[4] = 0.12,

[5] = 0.17,

[6] = 0.24,

[7] = 0.39,

[8] = 0.55,

[9] = 0.71,

[10] = 0.86,

[11] = 1,

},

["deadzone"] = 0,

["invert"] = false,

["saturationX"] = 1,

["saturationY"] = 1,

["slider"] = true,

},

["key"] = "JOY_RZ",

},

},

["name"] = "Throttle Left",

},

["a2006cdnil"] = {

["changed"] = {

[1] = {

["filter"] = {

["curvature"] = {

[1] = 0,

[2] = 0.04,

[3] = 0.08,

[4] = 0.12,

[5] = 0.17,

[6] = 0.24,

[7] = 0.39,

[8] = 0.55,

[9] = 0.71,

[10] = 0.86,

[11] = 1,

},

["deadzone"] = 0,

["invert"] = false,

["saturationX"] = 1,

["saturationY"] = 1,

["slider"] = true,

},

["key"] = "JOY_Z",

},

},

["name"] = "Throttle Right",

},

},

}

return diff

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

That's if you have a physical detent. I believe the OP is asking for a software one. Like I linked earlier

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I made an audio AB detent mod, if that is useful to you? It works on my x55 Throttle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236024

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

For owners of TM Warthogs, at the risk of stating something everyone already knows, there is a physical detent contained in the throttle.

Unscrew the dividing panel between the throttle levers.

In side the slot at the front you will see the detent stop. It has a red rectangular section moulded into it in the front section. This is the afterburner stop. It is disabled for the A-10C by its position

Lift out this piece and rotate it 180 degrees and replace it. The red piece should now be towards the rear.

Screw the dividing panel back on.

Now when you need to engage afterburners you just push up to full military power, the throttles engage the the red piece in the slot and stop their travel. You just pull/lift the lever handles up and push them over this "stop" to engage afterburners.

As I say, I would imagine most people know about this but there might be someone on here still unaware of this feature.

For owners of TM Warthogs, at the risk of stating something everyone already knows, there is a physical detent contained in the throttle.

Unscrew the dividing panel between the throttle levers.

In side the slot at the front you will see the detent stop. It has a red rectangular section moulded into it in the front section. This is the afterburner stop. It is disabled for the A-10C by its position

Lift out this piece and rotate it 180 degrees and replace it. The red piece should now be towards the rear.

Screw the dividing panel back on.

Now when you need to engage afterburners you just push up to full military power, the throttles engage the the red piece in the slot and stop their travel. You just pull/lift the lever handles up and push them over this "stop" to engage afterburners.

As I say, I would imagine most people know about this but there might be someone on here still unaware of this feature.

I highly recommend this aftermarket detent for the Warthog. It is a push though design, where you have to add extra pressure and the throttles pop into afterburner. A more realistic approach than have to lift up.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3MJPNE2SV/warthog-throttle-part-afterburner-detent?optionId=63799442&li=related-items

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

yeah that is true but you still need to use a curve to have the physical detent work as it should. The way I tested is to see if DLC and speedbrake retracts at hitting the MIL detent but not going into AB. In the F-14 when you hit MIL they are supposed to automatically retract.

Have to be careful with your power inputs tho, it has screwed me up on approach alot when I give too much power and all that retracts and I have to extend them again (thats if i'm paying attention and I notice it and react quickly)

this has been an age old gripe in DCS, why not have it so you could physically in the sim place where you want AB detent to be and then have MIL - IDLE as linear control???

I highly recommend this aftermarket detent for the Warthog. It is a push though design, where you have to add extra pressure and the throttles pop into afterburner. A more realistic approach than have to lift up.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3MJPNE2SV/warthog-throttle-part-afterburner-detent?optionId=63799442&li=related-items

Looks awesome. However, I just can't buy a piece of plastic for $13 and then pay $16 shipping for said item, as a matter of principle.

Looks awesome. However, I just can't buy a piece of plastic for $13 and then pay $16 shipping for said item, as a matter of principle.
Go to a local 3d printing service then, someone posted a file here on the forums, it worked great for me

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Or do what I copied from others and once installed correctly so that you need to lift over the gate, have a look at how the plastic piece (already supplied with TMWH) actually lifts the throttles up and then remove it and remove some of the plastic with a electricians knife so that the angle of lift is much less severe.

That will enable you to push through the gate without lifting.

Works a treat! And it’s free.

If you look at the photo of mine you can see just how little you need to remove from the leading edges on both sides.

Doesn’t look pretty as I didn’t have a file so did it with a knife but just keep refitting and test, then shave off some more until you get the pressure right that is needed for your taste.

9A29D4E6-4D0A-4821-8BC3-1E3921EEB18A.thumb.jpeg.3a2a36847aa99f7af2d7530b73432574.jpeg

4880CD10-C8A5-410D-BF69-285C5B5811FD.thumb.jpeg.23cd720215552d374637ddf0e289ed22.jpeg

Edited by danny875

Just ordered one. I prefer the original parts untouched. Just in case. I believe this is my first 3D printed thingamajig. I'm so excited! :smilewink:

Windows 10 Home | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Intel Core i7 7700K 4,2GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech G533 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

To each their own. Works great for me and saved me time and effort.

Time = Money

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

To echo some of the other posters comments; please add an optional software afterburner detent - reference model is available on the FA18 and it works really well.

I find myself constantly switching in and out of afterburner for no reason as my joystick can in no sensible way indicate such. The optional button press (as FA18 reference) simulates/emulates the physical action to activate afterburner in the real aircraft.

The same holds true for the AJ37 as well.

• 1 year later...
To echo some of the other posters comments; please add an optional software afterburner detent - reference model is available on the FA18 and it works really well.

I find myself constantly switching in and out of afterburner for no reason as my joystick can in no sensible way indicate such. The optional button press (as FA18 reference) simulates/emulates the physical action to activate afterburner in the real aircraft.

The same holds true for the AJ37 as well.

Is there anything like that now?

I own the F18 and it has a button... works well.

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png

"Or even just what the hornet has. I've been trying to press this issue for a while. Seems to be ignored"

It might be because it's not a Hornet???

Anyway...

Go to 100% on the CAT(apult) and open throttle to just before AB.

go into control settings

Note where throttle axis is at.

Move forwards to detent (if you have one).

Note where throttle axis is at.

Adjust "User Curve" so that the AB kicks in at the detent.

If you don't have a detent... I don't know :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I really need the detent button in the hornet, but in the F-14 there is a solid audible 'click' when you come in or out of burner, and those nice analog fuel flow gauges are right there as well as a dead gieveaway.

It would still be a nice to have, though, for those situations where you'd just like to make sure you were getting every last erg out of mil power without worrying about lighting the cans.

I really need the detent button in the hornet, but in the F-14 there is a solid audible 'click' when you come in or out of burner, and those nice analog fuel flow gauges are right there as well as a dead gieveaway.

I use these http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#exhaust-nozzle-position-indicator

What do you see on the fuel flow gauges since they don't count AB flow in?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yeah exactly. This button for the Hornet is on/off. You can bind it to the Hotas. When on then your throttle is set to go from idle to full mil-power. When off your throttle is set to go from idle to full-afterburner. I think that's a great solution. Very good for economic fuel consumption. I still miss this.

Currently use the nozzle dials too but sometimes it does not work 100% and when I check F2 external view the afterburner is mininal active and you can't hear it inside the cockpit nor see it in the nozzle dial. It's just not a perfect solution. I wanna fly at 100% mil-power and not at 97-103%.

Edited by deady1000

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png