• F104
    • Yak38
    • Su7

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Su-15 and Su-17/22 besides Su-7

Might not get permission to model MiG-25...due to avionics?

The Su-15 would be very interesting indeed, but may be too classified... The Russians really like to keep using some old systems. :(

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Now the curvature of the earth is modelled in DCS..... how about the Jag... you know you want to.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...

Mig15 vs Sabre

Mig21 vs ... maybe the F-104 would be a good opponent.

But generally it doesnt really matter to me which of these fighters would be one of the next projects. More important would be, that its gonna be a plane of the early cold war and all listed planes meet this criterion. The early cold war is still way too thin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Just gonna point out that the plane in the OP is not Su-7 ;)

It's the Su-7IG. Technically still a Su-7. It is the prototype for the Su-17/20/22 jets.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I picked Yak-38 thinking it was the Yak-130, but it is a more interesting aircraft.

Someone needs to pick aircraft from this list and get on with it, particularly if they're in your roadmap already: OV-10D Bronco, AH-1W Super Cobra, A-37 Dragonfly, Alphajet, Yak-130, A-1 Skyraider, A-4 Skyhawk - including OA-4M, A-6 Intruder, A-7 Corsair II, F-100 Super Saber, F-104 Starfighter, F-105 Thunderchief, F-8 Crusader, F-4 Phantom, F-16 Falcon, Jaguar, Tornado, F-111, Su-17/22 Fitter, MiG-23/27 Flogger, Su-24 Fencer, Su-30 Flanker C, B-52 Stratofortress, B-1B Lancer, Tu-16 Badger, Tu-95 Bear, Tu-22M Backfire, UH-60 Blackhawk, CH-47 Chinook, CH-53 Super Stallion.

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

I picked Yak-38 thinking it was the Yak-130, but it is a more interesting aircraft.

Someone needs to pick aircraft from this list and get on with it, particularly if they're in your roadmap already: OV-10D Bronco, AH-1W Super Cobra, A-37 Dragonfly, Alphajet, Yak-130, A-1 Skyraider, A-4 Skyhawk - including OA-4M, A-6 Intruder, A-7 Corsair II, F-100 Super Saber, F-104 Starfighter, F-105 Thunderchief, F-8 Crusader, F-4 Phantom, F-16 Falcon, Jaguar, Tornado, F-111, Su-17/22 Fitter, MiG-23/27 Flogger, Su-24 Fencer, Su-30 Flanker C, B-52 Stratofortress, B-1B Lancer, Tu-16 Badger, Tu-95 Bear, Tu-22M Backfire, UH-60 Blackhawk, CH-47 Chinook, CH-53 Super Stallion.

A-4 Skyhawk is already being made, there is a community mod on it.

F-4 Phantom is being made by Belsimtek

Mig-23/27, some 3rd party dev said they were not going to develop it ( Razbam being among them )

Su-30 is probably way too modern for russia allowing developpement of it, also, there is a FC3 mod being made.

Tu-22M, a team is trying to develop it as a DCS quality module

I thought the MiG-23 project was squashed by ED, and that it happened like that because ED is maybe going to the MiG-23 themselves?

With the two "secret" airframe potentially coming I have to continue to wish for a Drumstick at some point. RAZBAM's Intruders in SF1 & SF2 were RAD!!!!

I thought the MiG-23 project was squashed by ED, and that it happened like that because ED is maybe going to the MiG-23 themselves?

With the two "secret" airframe potentially coming I have to continue to wish for a Drumstick at some point. RAZBAM's Intruders in SF1 & SF2 were RAD!!!!

It seems the MiG-23 story starts to have a life of it's own :) What had happened is "only" that RAZBAM said that they had to cancel the project and moved on working on MiG-19. The reasons had not been stated (using NDA argument as a smoke cover) but we can suspect that it's still on the roadmap for DCS just being done by someone else - be it other 3'rd party or ED themself.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Well those are weird choices but it's F-104 for me (Ideally the Italian S model!)

But...

F-105

Fully agree. Would be good to understand what kind of rationale was behind this specific selection.

Anyway

F-105 all the way ;) and maybe pair it up with F-100. Together with other planes like MiG-21 and F-5 which we already have this would be a great starting point to fill in the Vietnam(ish) era.

Aside of that Su-15, Su-17/22 though wouldn't mid Su-5.

As for 104 - I know it's not related to the plane itself but every time I think about it the first think that comes to my mind is the wide scale lockheed bribery, without which the plane wouldn't be most probably serviced in so many countries. This may be a strange rationale but for some reason this part of the history of 104 and overall reputation of problematic plane pulls me away from wanting to buy it as a module.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

A-4 Skyhawk is already being made, there is a community mod on it.

F-4 Phantom is being made by Belsimtek

Mig-23/27, some 3rd party dev said they were not going to develop it ( Razbam being among them )

Su-30 is probably way too modern for russia allowing developpement of it, also, there is a FC3 mod being made.

Tu-22M, a team is trying to develop it as a DCS quality module

Yes, I'm aware of these.

On mods, I'm sure most of us are grateful for the modding communities to liven up and add content to the games we own and will own. But we are at the mercy of the talents of these people for not just the quality of these add-ons, how well they work and their feature sets, but that they will even see completion in many cases. These are usually labors of love, though the level of love doesn't always match the skills of the modder, and sometimes life intervenes to kill some of these much anticipated projects.

And then there are the developer and their partners as well. As you point out, a plane most of us want to see come about, the MiG-23, found itself in the morgue, and now it's up to a capable mod team to bring it to life. Many aircraft on the roadmap of these war sims end up casualties never to be seen, or facing lengthy delays. Most times there are unavoidable consequences of governments denying their release, but sometimes a side project absorbs resources, and I see this in DCS in a few items in their release list.

I'm just hoping for some more concerted focus from Eagle D and their partners, because I would think the items in my list in one order of priority or another, would make for some happy fliers in 2018, AND BEYOND! :v:

Team Red wish MiG-23/27, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su-30 C, Yak-130, Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-22M

Team Blue want AH-1W, AH-64, Alphajet, A-4, Jaguar, Tornado, F-16, A-6, A-7, F-111, F-15E, B-52, B-1B

Hi Guys,

I would think outside the box for my wishlist. Instead of a new aircraft module, why not a historical theater terrain like Normandy. With the MIG-19, Mirage III, and MIG-15, MIG-21 out or working to be out in DCS, why not build a terrain that includes the Sinai Peninsula and/or the Suez Canal.

The oppurtunity for campaigns and historical air battles would be endless.

You would need a Tu-16 and IL-28 AI but I think they can do it.

Just saying

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

As you can see, I like deltas.

If not the F-104, why not the ultimate Delta Interceptor the F-106 Delta Dart.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

F104 killed too may pilots!

The Yak38 auto-ejected the pilots!

So it's got to be the Su7... best looking in my opinion too. :thumbup:

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Not sure why anybody wants the 25. It's cool looking and fast, but not much of a threat, realistically. They're dependent on ground controllers, and are useless below they're ceiling or mach 2.

Yak-38 would be cool as a counterpart to the Harrier, even if it is a bit of a junker.

That's like asking why anyone wants the F-14 when the F-18 will outdo it in pretty much every aspect except for speed and ultra-long range. People don't want planes because they're good -- that is a massive misconception. They want the planes because they love them, because they're fun to fly. The MiG-25 is one hell of a problem child, furiously fast and frustratingly impractical; it's bound to be an experience.

Actually.......

During the 1999 Kosovo campaign VF-14 & VF-41 Tomcats were the go to assets because tjey had better targeting systems for bombing than the Hornet did. It could see and identify targets from further away because the images were easier to interpret, and many times Hornets just bombed or rifled on lasers aimed by Tomcats from the above mentioned squadrons.

Actually.......

During the 1999 Kosovo campaign VF-14 & VF-41 Tomcats were the go to assets because tjey had better targeting systems for bombing than the Hornet did. It could see and identify targets from further away because the images were easier to interpret, and many times Hornets just bombed or rifled on lasers aimed by Tomcats from the above mentioned squadrons.

luckily for us we are getting a 2000s era hornet with AtFLir, not a NiteHawk pod

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD