DCS: F-14 Early Access Feature List

Cobra847

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course! :) And its craptons of fun!

Awesome :thumbup:

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

@cobra847 Where does the LANTIRN fit into this release scheme, was it a feature, I can't recall... ..cant wait !

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

@cobra847 Where does the LANTIRN fit into this release scheme, was it a feature, I can't recall... ..cant wait !

LANTIRN is fully functional and included on Day 1.

Only thing missing is JESTER operating LANTIRN, so you'll need to use it yourself or fly in Multicrew in MP.

Outstanding!

Do we know what Training Missions (besides start-up) will be included at release day?

I'll try to post a list tomorrow.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Whats the status of the Dynamic Cockpit? I was never really sure what this is anyway. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks for the info Cobra847 ! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Thanks for this post. Much appreciated. No mention of FFB implementation or support, which is making me kind of sad :(

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Speaking of joysticks, will the F-14 have joystick bindings for the Warthog HOTAS premapped on install or will we have to map everything as we want? I know the F-14 doesn't use as many buttons and switches, but I was wondering if a "close enough" approach would be used and buttons and switches in similar locations to the real controls would be mapped to the Warthog HOTAS?

I would be very surprised if they haven't done a control set up for the warthog

Thanks Cobra, that's some great info there!

• Radar Further small enhancements will be added over time and if feasible in the DCS engine. These include sidelobe modelling, returning signal strength trace on DDD (including jamming), clouds/weather and Jet Engine Modulation (JEM)

Does this also include the implementation of the PD THRLD function for the RIO, which apparently isn't simulated yet? I really hope to see that function in the DCS Tomcat as it is something that makes the RIOs job very interesting and is something were the RIO can show his skills (or the lack thereof). :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Amazing work - can't wait for this one! :pilotfly:

In-Cockpit Pilot: We know this is a frustrating feature to be missing for those of you in VR, so this is a top priority and you will not be waiting long (that goes for you Viggenites too, we know!).

Just out of interest, where exactly are you gauging interest in this feature? For me personally it's a complete non issue as framerate is key for VR and I'm literally disabling everything I can to push that as high as possible. I mean it's not as if the hands are actually tracking my controllers if I'm pushing buttons so it's only accurately showing my body position 60% of the time.

IMHO I just don't feel it needs to be anywhere near a top priority :huh:

Fantastic !.....looking good Heatblur,boy you boys have been busy,have'nt you ?.......looking forward to the 13th.

However my bank account's been hit this month what with the MiG-19P being released last week,looks like another week on bread and water doh.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

where exactly are you gauging interest in this feature? For me personally it's a complete non issue as framerate is key for VR

Different people have different priorities. For me, immersion is key in VR: that's why I bought it.

I use the pilot body for aligning the seating position of the pilot in the cockpit, with where I am sitting in real life. For me that is quite important, since it feels weird to have that misaligned. I want to feel like *I* am sitting in that cockpit. I don't understand people referring to the pilot is 3rd person, for example: "My pilot blacked out!" vs "I blacked out!". In VR, they are one and the same.

Also, looking down while in VR and not seeing arms and legs is weird and breaks immersion.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Different people have different priorities. For me, immersion is key in VR: that's why I bought it.

I use the pilot body for aligning the seating position of the pilot in the cockpit, with where I am sitting in real life. For me that is quite important, since it feels weird to have that misaligned. I want to feel like *I* am sitting in that cockpit. I don't understand people referring to the pilot is 3rd person, for example: "My pilot blacked out!" vs "I blacked out!". In VR, they are one and the same.

Also, looking down while in VR and not seeing arms and legs is weird and breaks immersion.

+100% on this.

An empty cockpit in VR just totally kills immersion for me too. Personally I'm really looking forward to the virtual pilot/RIO release. I hope it's near the top of their post launch priority list.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.