FARP Hollywood 004

Raiding Enemy Compound

Runtime Aprox 55 min

Units

Alpha (You): Huey Transport /w Door Gunners

Team Cobra: AH-1W Cobra x 2 - Leader Major Brian

Delta: Infantry Troops

Situation

Two weeks ago Caption Charles Watson of Strike Fighter Squadron 125 was forced to eject near the town of Gali - an area still controlled by enemy forces. We believe Watson may have been hit by a surface to air missile. Although able to eject - he was captured and since then has been moved many times to help hide his location. Today we have received intel that Caption Watson has recently been moved to a compound near the Enguri Dam. Before he is moved again - next time maybe deeper within the mountains - we are going rescue the Caption by raiding the compound. Which is why we have to strike now. You are going to deliver 10 members of our special forces team upon the compound.

captured.jpg

Because the compound is protected by anti-aircraft guns as well as other lightly armored vehicles and armed troops, you will be assisted by 2 AH-1 Cobras (Team Cobra) who are currently in route to FARP Hollywood for a randevu. You will shadow Team Cobra to the target area.

At the target area - when given the order - Alpha is to PUSH towards the compound. Team Cobra will take out any air defenses. When the air defenses you will be given the clear to land in the LZ. For a successful mission, you must land our troops completely and safely within the fence of the compound. Once given the order to Push, things are going to move quickly. After landing wait for troops to return to your Huey, you are to fly the troops and rescued pilot to our MASH (63/FM) located in the town of Tsatshvi.

Download Mission

Complete Mission Briefing PDF

UPDATES:

v1.2: Made some changes to the FARP, Cobras speed slowed down a little, made a couple changes to LZ

Images

map1.jpg

Screen_190107_232517.jpg

Screen_190107_232547.jpg

Screen_190107_232543.jpg

Download Mission

Complete Mission Briefing PDF

Edited by ElementLT
Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

thanks for the mission. it didin't go well for me

* FPS was maximum 25 on the farp and clash areas, so generally unplayable. maybe my old pc

* Cobra helicopters flew too fast so i couldn't catch them

* It gave me 90 seconds to land but it took me 180 to arrive there

* My instruments died during the fire

* I couldn't find the am63 location becasue no proper instuments and no map view

so i had to quit mission.

but i want to say that, clouds and scene was very good. i enjoyed the atmosphere

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Big thumbs up on this mission. Well done. I changed it to a hot start cause I'm not that familiar with cold start but everything still worked as it should as far as I could tell. Got the dumb mission editor thing about a new payload or something and it selected one without door gunners. I changed it to include door gunners as I was pretty sure I read that in the briefing. Was worried that would mess up loading of the troops but it did not.

Sticking with the Cobra's is a little tough but seemed to be doable. Perhaps just on the edge of the Huey envelop. I think if they got away from me at all there is no way I would be able to catch them.

Loved navigating without knowing where I was on the map. Haven't done that much at all.

I'd also give a little bit more time although perhaps I didn't follow the instructions to the tee. I think I hung back a little too far and should have been racing up the second they started their attack. But I had to make sure I could find the LZ. And I figured I'd only know or be able to spot it once they opened up.

So up to you whether you change it or not.

Thought I made it out of there in time with a ton of holes in the Huey, bunch of stuff not working. But I managed to make it back to the MASH only to find out it took my 97 seconds. SIGH.

Highly recommended though.

exciting mission. man when i was coming in to the compound at full speed and hundreds of tracer rounds flying by my window my adrenaline was pumpin somethin fierce. i didn't realize how much damage the old bird could take and keep flying but color me impressed she was a right ol bullet sponge. by the time i landed i don't think any of my primary systems were working anymore but she kept on truckin

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

thanks for the mission. it didin't go well for me

* FPS was maximum 25 on the farp and clash areas, so generally unplayable. maybe my old pc

* Cobra helicopters flew too fast so i couldn't catch them

* It gave me 90 seconds to land but it took me 180 to arrive there

* My instruments died during the fire

* I couldn't find the am63 location becasue no proper instuments and no map view

so i had to quit mission.

but i want to say that, clouds and scene was very good. i enjoyed the atmosphere

thanks for trying out the mission! Shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up with the corbas. For the last leg of the journey, they do kick it up to 105-110nots but for the post part should have flown at about 95knts. The FRAP always took a hit on frames essentially when using other helos. i'll try to cut some units down. But overall I see a 45 fps throughout the mission. (i'm playing in VR)

Coming Soon...

Big thumbs up on this mission. Well done. I changed it to a hot start cause I'm not that familiar with cold start but everything still worked as it should as far as I could tell. Got the dumb mission editor thing about a new payload or something and it selected one without door gunners. I changed it to include door gunners as I was pretty sure I read that in the briefing. Was worried that would mess up loading of the troops but it did not.

Sticking with the Cobra's is a little tough but seemed to be doable. Perhaps just on the edge of the Huey envelop. I think if they got away from me at all there is no way I would be able to catch them.

Loved navigating without knowing where I was on the map. Haven't done that much at all.

I'd also give a little bit more time although perhaps I didn't follow the instructions to the tee. I think I hung back a little too far and should have been racing up the second they started their attack. But I had to make sure I could find the LZ. And I figured I'd only know or be able to spot it once they opened up.

So up to you whether you change it or not.

Thought I made it out of there in time with a ton of holes in the Huey, bunch of stuff not working. But I managed to make it back to the MASH only to find out it took my 97 seconds. SIGH.

Highly recommended though.

Thanks, Delta for trying out the mission! I thought I had the Corbas set at a decent speed for the Huey but I think another player was having trouble keeping up also. i'll try to slow them down a little. They key to getting to the LZ within 90 sec is to stick close to they Corba until you make your move on the compound. But that may be an issue if the Croba are moving to fast for some so i'll be slowing them down. again thanks for playing i'm taking notes for future missions.

Coming Soon...

exciting mission. man when i was coming in to the compound at full speed and hundreds of tracer rounds flying by my window my adrenaline was pumping something fierce. i didn't realize how much damage the old bird could take and keep flying but color me impressed she was a right ol bullet sponge. by the time i landed i don't think any of my primary systems were working anymore but she kept on truckin

that's one reason why I love flying the huey! It can take a beating and still get you home. My not have a couple of radios and a few instruments will be knocked out but she can take A LOT before going down. happy you enjoyed the mission! Thanks for playing! :thumbup:

Coming Soon...

Yeah, my Huey was shot to pieces but still managed to barely fly it out of there. Bunch of systems not working so it was a little more challenging getting to the MASH but fun all the same!! :)

that's one reason why I love flying the huey! It can take a beating and still get you home. My not have a couple of radios and a few instruments will be knocked out but she can take A LOT before going down. happy you enjoyed the mission! Thanks for playing! :thumbup:

Ha!! What fun...:):thumbup:

Took me a few times to get to the compound near the Enguri Dam...

If nothing else, it was good practice in close-formation flying.

One time engine quit due to overtemp; after auto in couldn't do much else than abort mission just sitting there in cockpit ;-)

Finally made it in, got a bunch of instruments shot up, picked up pilot...

On trip out to MASH, no nav radio to home in on the MASH at Tsatshvi... but some good 'ol dead reckoning with the kneeboard maps saved the day.

After dropping off the rescued pilot... took off for FARP Hollywood again, landed there, did a repair, took off again and flew into the sunset back to the MASH at Tsatshvi with the NAV radio homing in on the beacon signal...

Thanks, fun mission...

Q: Flew mission #001:thumbup:, now #004:thumbup:... where can I find #002 & #003?

Update:

Found the missions all on your webpage... a treasure trove of Huey missions!

https://thefraternitysim.com/

682.thumb.jpg.b6e395000a8048c2013d16490beeed91.jpg

Edited by DSPALLASVI

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Ha!! What fun...:):thumbup:

Took me a few times to get to the compound near the Enguri Dam...

If nothing else, it was good practice in close-formation flying.

One time engine quit due to overtemp; after auto in couldn't do much else than abort mission just sitting there in cockpit ;-)

Finally made it in, got a bunch of instruments shot up, picked up pilot...

On trip out to MASH, no nav radio to home in on the MASH at Tsatshvi... but some good 'ol dead reckoning with the kneeboard maps saved the day.

After dropping off the rescued pilot... took off for FARP Hollywood again, landed there, did a repair, took off again and flew into the sunset back to the MASH at Tsatshvi with the NAV radio homing in on the beacon signal...

Thanks, fun mission...

Q: Flew mission #001:thumbup:, now #004:thumbup:... where can I find #002 & #003?

Update:

Found the missions all on your webpage... a treasure trove of Huey missions!

https://thefraternitysim.com/

Now, that's what I call an adventure! And I love the sunset ending! lol (mind if I use your screenshot for my website? :smilewink: ) I did slow down the Cobras a bit so it would be easier on the huey to keep up. Maybe i'll bring them down even more. So happy you enjoyed the mission and you seem to have found my others as well. Hope you enjoy those. Now I have a bit of writer's block. Having trouble thinking what my next mission will be. Any mission request? :D

Coming Soon...