NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

I'll look into this, looks like its a generic keybind leftover from the FC3 commands and it shouldn't have been there at all. I might consider removing it altogether as the A-4E HUD brightness will increase to a point where it will turn off.

Is this keybind even useful/needed? I hardly ever change the HUD brightness.

I'm changing the gunsight brightness quite often. If it's too bright, you can't really see your target, especially at night. I never use keys for adjusting the brightness, but the rotary knob. I'm no friend of keys. Most things I can't assign to my HOTAS are activated or changed with mouse clicks or the mouse wheel.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I don't find the binding for "Bombs Arm Sitch".

And I also don't find the "Bomb release button" on bindings, and also cna't click it on the cockpit, I'm unable to drop bombs.

Edit: I found this one, it was called "Lanzar Arma", under the "Weapons" section, when all the other weapons where in the "Armamento".

I don't know why somethings get translated and other don't

I don't see either "BDHI mode" on bindings

7 mission campaign 1-2 training 3-7 combat missions fighting a guerrilla force in support of friendly troops in contact and QRF rapid flight and airbase defense against 1-2 vbied threats and multiple infantry w possible armor support.

How is that going ? Sounds awesome !!!

Someone can recommend me some nice mission or campaigns ?

Edited by cercata

For navigation, I would like to switch it off, and that's one of the most difficult to click controls in VR, with the clic-area drift problems

I'm changing the gunsight brightness quite often. If it's too bright, you can't really see your target, especially at night. I never use keys for adjusting the brightness, but the rotary knob. I'm no friend of keys. Most things I can't assign to my HOTAS are activated or changed with mouse clicks or the mouse wheel.

I'll look into this. Mapping it to an axis is certainly possible. I'll make like the actual knob in the cockpit where there are dual bulbs. But I'll need to think and try out some stuff with keyboard bindings first.

I certainly didn't think about turning off the hud when navigating. I'm just so used to seeing a hud.

I don't find the binding for "Bombs Arm Sitch".

And I also don't find the "Bomb release button" on bindings, and also cna't click it on the cockpit, I'm unable to drop bombs.

Edit: I found this one, it was called "Lanzar Arma", under the "Weapons" section, when all the other weapons where in the "Armamento".

I don't know why somethings get translated and other don't

I don't see either "BDHI mode" on bindings

I'm not sure about how the translations work. But I'll look into those bindings.

"Select role" is only available in Multiplayer, isn't it ? Can you recommend me a server to practice with the "Scooter" ? I was in SP till now.

BTW, the scooter is trully amazing, yesterday was my first day with it, still have to map somethings, and learn others, but I'm liking it as much as the F-5E

I'd recommend downloading an existing mission and modifying one of the aircraft in it. I use GaW's "Through the Inferno" mission as my practice playground. You can easily go into the mission editor and change one of the F-5Es to an A-4E-C and change the difficulty to "Client". This can then be played in singleplayer with options for which plane to jump into.

I'd recommend downloading an existing mission and modifying one of the aircraft in it. I use GaW's "Through the Inferno" mission as my practice playground. You can easily go into the mission editor and change one of the F-5Es to an A-4E-C and change the difficulty to "Client". This can then be played in singleplayer with options for which plane to jump into.

Can I play that in single player but starting a multiplayer server on DCS ? Is the only way to have the A-4E cockpit with clicable controls "on place"

I'm looking at the .txt files of that mission, and I see you have to edit it to select what you want.

I think this is for veterans, I'm already having problems in simple missions, just to undestand what is the objective, how to reach it, etc ...

Can I play that in single player but starting a multiplayer server on DCS ? Is the only way to have the A-4E cockpit with clicable controls "on place"

I'm looking at the .txt files of that mission, and I see you have to edit it to select what you want.

I think this is for veterans, I'm already having problems in simple missions, just to undestand what is the objective, how to reach it, etc ...

All you do is open the mission editor, select the mission and open it. Once opened, then click on any of the aircraft symbols. In the upper right there will be a drop down menu which you can switch to A-4E-C. Save the mission, then just run it, you'll receive a choice of which aircraft to spawn in. I assure you, this is a piece of cake since you're just changing one aircraft to another, not adding anything new.

I assure you, this is a piece of cake since you're just changing one aircraft to another, not adding anything new.

No, that's not an Issue changing the plane, I have already done with other missions.

The issue for me are those kind of missions, the are randomized, and you don't have a detailed briefing, I guess those are cool for veteran pilots, but I'm really lost there.

No, that's not an Issue changing the plane, I have already done with other missions.

The issue for me are those kind of missions, the are randomized, and you don't have a detailed briefing, I guess those are cool for veteran pilots, but I'm really lost there.

They're not as random as you think. Once you play it a few times you'll get a feel for what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600, GTX770 @1080p

What you need to do is spawn in an A-4 in the mission then go back to select role (in Single player) pick different plane, Select role again and go back to the A-4. That will align your VR so you can click on the buttons. Here is a practice mission, you spawn on the ground, Air 20 miles behind the boat or in the Air with an AI lead you can fly formation with to the boat. Nothing else to do in there but practice formation or landing on the carrier. Select Role(A-4), Select role (FA-18 or F-15, Harrier) then Select role back to the Scooter and you will be set in VR.

A4 boat test mission V1.miz

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I downloaded the A-4E-C v1.3 module

I save it in the folder path F:\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

If I choose to take off on the ground, the plane will explode.

If I choose to fly freely, the game can be played.

The plane will explode when it starts on the ground.

Starting in the air, the game can be played.

What is the reason for this?

open?id=12_fKUZ-Rg8nQXcjHBg_mk3Fl1BnmheeX

Edited by spoon95

you are on stable dcs.

there was a bug that makes it explode on the ground, which has been fixed in the OpenBeta of DCS, but is still present in the Stable branche

if you want to stay on stable, for now you have to start on a carrier

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

you are on stable dcs.

there was a bug that makes it explode on the ground, which has been fixed in the OpenBeta of DCS, but is still present in the Stable branche

if you want to stay on stable, for now you have to start on a carrier

Exactly.

I am writing few mission for the A4 as we speak and had to switch all my mission aircraft starting position from the airfield to the mid air to avoid that bug.

ED published that a new stable release will be available on the first week of April. The fix ahould be part of it.

I'm loving learning SEAD with this plane and this mission:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302675/

This is a perfect plane for land attack, I guess the F/A-18 will be nice, but it will miss this analog charm !!!!

What you need to do is spawn in an A-4 in the mission then go back to select role (in Single player) pick different plane, Select role again and go back to the A-4. That will align your VR so you can click on the buttons. Here is a practice mission, you spawn on the ground, Air 20 miles behind the boat or in the Air with an AI lead you can fly formation with to the boat. Nothing else to do in there but practice formation or landing on the carrier. Select Role(A-4), Select role (FA-18 or F-15, Harrier) then Select role back to the Scooter and you will be set in VR.

Amazing, 3 in 1 mission for practice, i have put it in Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\Missions\EN\QuickStart for entering it quickly.

Also I learned how to edit other single player mission for this VR Fix, many thanks.

When I try to land inthe Stannis, I allways explode, should I make something with the tacan, or it's just that I'm making bad landings. Me best landing was not very good, but an exploxion seems a little extreme to me ...

Edited by cercata

When I try to land inthe Stannis, I allways explode, should I make something with the tacan, or it's just that I'm making bad landings. Me best landing was not very good, but an exploxion seems a little extreme to me ...

Are doing an air start? There is a bug that ED caused in SFM where the physics of the nosewheel is broken when you do an airstart. Starting from the carrier or ground airbase should solve that problem for now. Until they decide to fix it.

Look at this post. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3841356&postcount=22

Are doing an air start? There is a bug that ED caused in SFM where the physics of the nosewheel is broken when you do an airstart. Starting from the carrier or ground airbase should solve that problem for now. Until they decide to fix it.

Yes, I'm happy it's a bug and not me ... I'll start from cround/carrier. I hope they fix it.

On the last flight with the skyhawk, I couldn't assign my new MFG crosswind rudder pedals. The area in the control settings is greyed out - is that a known issue or is it just me? My TRFP pedals worked fine, but I used them before the update, so I don't know...

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

On the last flight with the skyhawk, I couldn't assign my new MFG crosswind rudder pedals. The area in the control settings is greyed out - is that a known issue or is it just me? My TRFP pedals worked fine, but I used them before the update, so I don't know...

Did you try it with another plane? Not in the past but since you have the issue.

Did this happen right after updating to v1.3? This suggests an incorrect update process. Did you delete the entire A-4E-C folder before copying the new folder into the aircrafts folder? You can try doing that process again? It does not delete your current bindings.

Do try restarting your computer to make sure DCS clears the temp files.

I can use the rudders with every aircraft but the A-4. I think I deleted the folder except for the skins - but I'll have a look. Thanks for the replies :)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

I was able to add ACMI pod by just adding this line in the A-4E-C.lua in the AIR AIR section( line 139 )

{ CLSID = "{AIS_ASQ_T50}", attach_point_position = {0.25, 0.0, 0.0}}, -- ACMI pod

Looking good!

54800019_10216268077968696_131258130460835840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=678bf9b4e4ff1e5acfe6255757faad6e&oe=5D053A8E

in the center pylon too!

55770063_10216268244012847_4178726007588519936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=48c63afa5b31bee4415e1368515f857a&oe=5D4EA6B1

Too bad there is not the Navy ACMI pod

1280px-A-4F_VFC-13_with_ACMI_pod_in_flight_1987.JPEG

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

I was able to add ACMI pod by just adding this line in the A-4E-C.lua in the AIR AIR section( line 139 )

{ CLSID = "{AIS_ASQ_T50}", attach_point_position = {0.25, 0.0, 0.0}}, -- ACMI pod

Looking good!

1280px-A-4F_VFC-13_with_ACMI_pod_in_flight_1987.JPEG

Notice in the real photo that the ACMI pod is mounted on an AIM-9's launch rail (LAU-?, I forgot). I think the pod can only attach to a launch rail. Can you attach the launch rail to the pylon and then the ACMI pod to that launcher? Can you add the coding for that? Or in reality does the pod have 14" or 30" lugs for mounting on a pylon's built-in bomb rack? Actually, looking closer, it appears there is also some sort of adapter between the launcher and the pylon bomb rack. ...to be nitty gritty accurate.

There is no real function to it besides a visual model right?

If someone is able to provide some quality photos and dimensions of it. I might be interested in modelling it in as an exercise tonight. Might probably stream it too.