DCS Persian Gulf - terrain noise tiles fix.

@Mustang you could in the past essentially copy the noise.zip into the Nevada folder to get rid of the same effect there, i notice you have made changes to Hormuz.lua this time around, do any equivariant changes need to be made for Nevada?

Many thanks as always ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, zmz125000 said:

Hi Mustang,

the link is dead can you please update it? Thank you.

I used it but the last version had a very big FPS hit (map in ME), from 90 to 20-30. According me it isnt compatible with 2.7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

18 hours ago, YoYo said:

I used it but the last version had a very big FPS hit (map in ME), from 90 to 20-30. According me it isnt compatible with 2.7.

same for me, big FPS hit and stuttering on Syria map

Edited by Lenop
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Am 3.6.2018 um 04:34 schrieb Mustang:

Hey all thought I'd share this little alteration I made for the Persian Gulf map, it fixes the unsightly faint terrain repetition stripes that you can occasionally see across the terrain, an example of before and after:

stock textures

8WPIPhO.jpg

after the corrections

KuU77kH.jpg

Download link (24mb)

updated 11th Dec 2020 - included altered Hormuz.lua file for enahnced colour and gamma levels.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T2hZqDiDdLVOl5EgB2yS57GDB9kUkqtK/view?usp=sharing

To use simply extract the 'Mods' folder to the root directory of DCS World

Be aware that many multiplayer servers do not allow the use of texture modifications and using this mod may make you fail integrity check (104th Dedicated server allows the use of modified textures)

Hi Mustang,

DL-link is not working

got another one we could DL the files?

THX

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz- - Arbeitsspeicher 64 RAM - Nviadia Geforce GTX 4070TI - Oculus Quest 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Mustang said:

Hi all, to anyone still interested in this mod I have made a fresh version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i64wpyu_4TSw0azkfFNNlrJlr7TNvGOk/view?usp=sharing

I'll get around to updating first post once I get some time off work the next few days.

Will it work with Nevada map as well, like the first versions did? I don't own either PG or Syria, but after updating my gfx card I decided to get back to this mod and give it a try again on NTTR. I remember I liked its look back then but not the performance impact. Shouldn't be a problem for my 3070 now.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

12 hours ago, Art-J said:

Will it work with Nevada map as well, like the first versions did? I don't own either PG or Syria, but after updating my gfx card I decided to get back to this mod and give it a try again on NTTR. I remember I liked its look back then but not the performance impact. Shouldn't be a problem for my 3070 now.

These textures are only for PG and Syria if you check the contents, they are edited textures not lua parameters - i'll need to reinstall the NTTR map to do the ones you want, I'll take a look this weekend.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mustang said:

These textures are only for PG and Syria if you check the contents, they are edited textures not lua parameters - i'll need to reinstall the NTTR map to do the ones you want, I'll take a look this weekend.

Ah, got it. Should've made myself more clear - I was asking strictly about PG-tweaked terrainoptions41 lua file, which I recall improved NTTR clarity too even without any actual texture replacement. I thought some new version of it was included in that googledrive package as well, but I can see now it wasn't.

Can't find the file in this thread. Could you please upload the latest version of it? I'd like to see it if still works in 2.7.9. Unless you know for sure it doesn't, then forget about the question.

If you really, really feel like reinstalling NTTR and modding the textures, I certainly don't want to be nagging about the extra work required, but I also wouldn't mind If you did some extra magic here ;).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 8 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, Mustang said:

Hi all, to anyone still interested in this mod I have made a fresh version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i64wpyu_4TSw0azkfFNNlrJlr7TNvGOk/view?usp=sharing

I'll get around to updating first post once I get some time off work the next few days.

If you have new updates. Please share. Thank you very much for the work! Does it work if I play in the saved games folder?

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,