[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Yep :)

Pretty much all of my vibration event issues were solved after getting a cheap USB sound card. Is there any way to edit the way the buffet feeling is transmitted? Changing it from a pulsing to more of an actual buffet or rapid shudder feel? In every plane I test the stall or buffet just feels like a constant quick pulsing. This was not the case when I was using just the demo version of the simshaker sound module for some reason. Now that I run both the sound module and the Aviator together it changed the feel.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Heavy CPU activity with no workload

The latest version of SimShaker seems to take a lot of processing power, even when fully exited out of DCS. Attached is a screenshot of the running processes a full minute after exiting, and there's no audio signals going to the transducers. What's it doing? It's a fresh clean install just this week. Any help is appreciated - Thanks!

SimShaker.jpg.ac616700ddac8558d02d4b9089212920.jpg

Rix

4090 - 5800X3D - Aero

Pretty much all of my vibration event issues were solved after getting a cheap USB sound card. Is there any way to edit the way the buffet feeling is transmitted? Changing it from a pulsing to more of an actual buffet or rapid shudder feel? In every plane I test the stall or buffet just feels like a constant quick pulsing. This was not the case when I was using just the demo version of the simshaker sound module for some reason. Now that I run both the sound module and the Aviator together it changed the feel.

I don't think that can be like you report.

Technically there is not any difference in SimShaker Sound Module how to process the stall effect between demo and registered version. I guess that you are taking some other effect for the stall.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The latest version of SimShaker seems to take a lot of processing power, even when fully exited out of DCS. Attached is a screenshot of the running processes a full minute after exiting, and there's no audio signals going to the transducers. What's it doing? It's a fresh clean install just this week. Any help is appreciated - Thanks!

Was DCS already running? Otherwise SSA scans for running sims constantly....

Was DCS already running? Otherwise SSA scans for running sims constantly....

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks too for the great work and dedication you put into this!

So I see now it makes sense that it would continuously run looking for files. However it appears to be utilizing a ton on CPU to do its tasks. It's throttling 2 cores over 80-90% and on a CPU running at 4200Mhz (Ryzen 3700x). I'll look into it some more today and report back -

- Rix

Rix

4090 - 5800X3D - Aero

i cant tell you how many hours ive wasted re adjusting the settings when an update randomly wipes them out and resets everything to 50. is there a way to prevent this?

exporting your settings now and then?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Let me try clear things up, I was as confused as you when I got into this so let’s see if I can shine a light on it...

1) hell yess it’s worth it, I have 1 but will be adding 2 more soon

2) here’s where it gets complex

So, the bk gamer 2 or bk sim kit (the one I have) are bass shakers driven by an amp. I recommend getting the amp that comes with the kits as they have a remote that really comes in handy

They are not vibration pads

Best to have 2 sound cards or use USB headphones (this leaves the onboard card to drive the bk)

They are fed from the audio outputs of your pc

You can just plug them in (through a splitter) and the normal sounds of the pc make the bk vibrate, you will need to set up a low pass filter (I use voice meter banana for this) if you are just going to run it through the audio jack alone. This is how I run mine when I play ArmA

The bass shakers are hardware driven by the pc

HOWEVER

The utter legends Andre and f410 have made this program for us and it’s epic. This is a software that drives the bass shakers in specific ways to achieve the effect

Sim Shaker for Aviators is the base program. You will need this. But this only drives vibe pads this one is free

You will need to buy Andre’s amazing SSA Sound Module/plug-in to make it run with dcs. You have to buy this one however there is a free demo version available that you can use to test to see if your set up is working

This module/plug-in is downloaded and installed as an extra program and run when ssa detects dcs running

Note, ssa wings is not for dcs, you will need the sound module

The reason is that the sound module (to my knowledge) takes the export info from dcs and plays an audio file to make the bk vibrate, mimicking the seat vibe pad things.

In the paid version you can adjust the differing levels of the different sound files that the program uses

You do not require either of these programs to use the bass shakers you can just drive them off the standard audio output, however every sound and noise will be played inc radio, jester, beeps and notifications the lot. ssa and the sound module will not play every sound rather it will only vibrate when something is happening to the airframe and thus be feelable for the pilot.

It’s the only way to play dcs with the level of immersion it yields

I’ll admit that I found the whole setup quite confusing, especially doing my research before purchasing but after receiving my bk sim kit and started working through it it all became clear.

It is completely worth it tho, the bk sim kit and g2 are essentially the same thing just different ways of going about it, one clamps onto the seat post the other mounts directly to the seat

ssa and ssm for dcs with the bk bass shakers it is simply amazing

Hope I cleared it up for you some what :)

Whew, that was a loooong and detailed post, thanks! Ummm, so I can buy the ButtKicker 2 and it'll work with the SimShaker Aviator Sound module software? Note that for audio I only use headphones on my PC, driven by an external headphone amp. I do have an onboard Realtek audio codec if required though...

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Whew, that was a loooong and detailed post, thanks! Ummm, so I can buy the ButtKicker 2 and it'll work with the SimShaker Aviator Sound module software? Note that for audio I only use headphones on my PC, driven by an external headphone amp. I do have an onboard Realtek audio codec if required though...

from where does that amp get the sound? If it comes from the onboard Realtek, yes you need another one, a cheap USB soundcard works perfect though, it´s less than $10.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Most of the aircraft have light that come on, not sure what else could work. The fuel going to a positive flow would probably be too delayed. But I agree, this is one of the differences between the SimShaker versions. You get a bump when it connects in BMS which can be handy to know.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Do communication events export? The tankers always call contact when there's a hookup.

Whenever I try to start the UWV editor i get an error message.

I have .NET framework 4.8 installed on windows10-64

Could you please send me the stuff written in "Details"?

Could you please send me the stuff written in "Details"?

Yes of course :

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei UWVeditor.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

UWVeditor

Assembly-Version: 1.1.0.0.

Win32-Version: 1.1.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Spearzone/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/J7N3CXNJ.18Q/VZ69B26O.8EM/sims..tion_bd83e50dcdc2967f_0001.0003_7dea3c74566a1ebd/UWVeditor.exe.

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

System.Drawing

Win32-Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

System.Configuration

Win32-Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization

Win32-Version: 4.8.4200.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources

Win32-Version: 4.8.3752.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.resources.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************

Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der

Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers

(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.

Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten

Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem

Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

I'm working on a new installation method. For this, I'm looking for some beta testers. In the best case you have some technical/computer background and has no issue with a beta that might not work all the time...

Is there a way to add a taxi and ground bump effect after landing ?

I can clearly feel it during taxi out and takeoff, but not at all after touchdown and during taxi in.

Weird, that effect should be there anytime wheels is on the ground and rolling.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I started my SimShaker for Aviators today after a long pause.

the tool asked for an update. An error occuered and now the software doesn't work any longer.

Any sugestions? Log is attached.

log.txt

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Sorry, fixed. Panda Anti Virus removed the file because of W32/Exploit.gen.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Havent found sth by searching the thread: Are there any plans for MS Flightsimulator support?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

**UK customers** Be very careful if buying this product directly from the Andres store, with intention of delivery to the UK.

After the initial postage cost of £43.50 for a 1.6kg parcel, I’ve had a letter from customs, asking for a further £53.31 before they release the item to me.

That will be £94.81 just to get the parcel in my hands, money I just haven’t got at the moment.

So infuriating that the customs office have jumped all over it and the innocent customer gets completely stung.

Edited by skybaby68

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

**UK customers** Be very careful if buying this product directly from the Andres store, with intention of delivery to the UK.

After the initial postage cost of £43.50 for a 1.6kg parcel, I’ve had a letter from customs, asking for a further £53.31 before they release the item to me.

That will be £94.81 just to get the parcel in my hands, money I just haven’t got at the moment.

So infuriating as the item clearly wasn’t marked as ‘gift’ etc and so the customs office have jumped all over it and the innocent customer gets completely stung.

In fairness that is simply the cost of importing goods from countries where you don't pay the purchase tax (in this case VAT) at source. If that product was for sale in the UK or anywhere in the EU you would automatically pay 20% on top. Granted the postage cost would be less but again that is the cost of getting things from far away places. The only extra is the import duty of 2.5%.

The gifts thing is limited to a value of £39, so not relevant here unless the vendor takes the risk and lies about the value which of course isn't great if it goes missing plus it is probably fraud.

Unfortunately it is a chunk of change added to the product cost but that is simply the cost of buying from outside of the EU (and that will change next year too!).

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat