ground physics

Anyway, operating from softfields should be easier ...

Unfortunately this was never how it was in DCS. I don't know where the terrain friction values are stored but it seems at the moment all they have played with is the friction of the tires.

@Rolds Here is the FMOptions.LUA I have at the moment. I deleted it and did another repair to make sure, but this is definitely what is included with the current Open Beta Patch.

FMOptions.lua

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

So unfamiliar as I am with the forum, didn't realize you can't send files via PM. Therefore to the guys that wrote me, here is the FMOptions.lua file from DCS 1.5.

You just replace the "Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Mods>aircraft>Bf-109K-4>FM"

file with this one.

Thanks buddy,

much appreciated and thank you for sharing it:)

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately this was never how it was in DCS.
It was easier in the open field than in concrete runways since ever, not only 109 but any taildragger. Even in grass fields in Normandy was obviously easier than concrete runways. If there's no difference now it may really be broken.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It was easier in the open field than in concrete runways since ever, not only 109 but any taildragger. Even in grass fields in Normandy was obviously easier than concrete runways. It there's no difference now it may be really broken.

S!

the opposite is the case imo

100% definitely not the case. You can and always could get away with significantly worse Rudder work on the pavement than on grass in DCS.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin