Camp Generator

fargo007

I put together a square camp generator that builds a 200M square frame of barbed wire with towers every 100M on the perimeter.

It's a function, so you can call it with a variety of content options for the vehicles on the perimeter, or on the insides.

They are all static objects. It's built around the dead center of the zone you create, so you can populate the contents as desired.

Once loaded, it's called via a DO_SCRIPT trigger, where you pass it the parameters you want. e.g.

1 - The zone name.

2 - If you want vehicles inside, or empty.

3 - The outer guard vehicle identity.

4 - The country that owns it.

5 - The name of the vehicles to put in the middle (like a parking lot)

It's also the perfect size to put a FARP in the middle, and does all the work of placing the objects around the edge. There's one in the example mission.

It uses MOOSE, and the barbed wire from Ranger Pack 2.4.1. Example mission (with the script inside it) attached.

The script is commented with usage instructions and examples.

Let me know if you like it. I am also publishing a no-mods round camp generator soon as well.

/Fargo

Screen_181209_174903.thumb.png.1f7a7faa78da9f25a79ffd6d311627c1.png

squarecamp.miz

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I put together a square camp generator that builds a 200M square frame of barbed wire with towers every 100M on the perimeter.

It's a function, so you can call it with a variety of content options for the vehicles on the perimeter, or on the insides.

They are all static objects. It's built around the dead center of the zone you create, so you can populate the contents as desired.

Once loaded, it's called via a DO_SCRIPT trigger, where you pass it the parameters you want. e.g.

1 - The zone name.

2 - If you want vehicles inside, or empty.

3 - The outer guard vehicle identity.

4 - The country that owns it.

5 - The name of the vehicles to put in the middle (like a parking lot)

It's also the perfect size to put a FARP in the middle, and does all the work of placing the objects around the edge. There's one in the example mission.

It uses MOOSE, and the barbed wire from Ranger Pack 2.4.1. Example mission (with the script inside it) attached.

The script is commented with usage instructions and examples.

Let me know if you like it. I am also publishing a no-mods round camp generator soon as well.

/Fargo

Pretty cool, how about using the barbwire barricades from the WWII asset pack?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Here's an example of the round camp, with a (ranger pack mod) barbed wire rim around it.

You just tell it where to put it (zone), how many infantry to stick in there, and what group you create is to go inside.

The outer guard vehicles you define (towers here) are groups, so they will engage enemies as you set their ROE.

Screen_181210_161220.thumb.png.4d602abbfded79b68774bdcaebd79276.png

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Put a WWII involved country on a side (Germany for example), and then:

Add Static Object > Germany > Structure > Concertina Wire

For whatever reason, concertina wire isn't an option for every country. Go figure.

Thanks for chiming in and helping out. I had a pretty busy day at work...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for chiming in and helping out. I had a pretty busy day at work...

I help out when I can. :) And trust me, the work day gets a lot easier when you retire. Finding ways to occasionally combat the boredom can be another matter entirely.