Mustang First Take-Off and Landing: Post your Tracks/Vids

159th_Viper

Is itt normal that I took off and landed 4 times before my first crash?I find the FM very intuitive and so easy to fly.Other FM's where things happen and I have no idea why but this FM makes sense to me.Also,I take off full power now as I find it easier this way where I just hold stick back for a little while and concentrate on staying straight.

Did you turn off auto-rudder and takeoff help in the options? ^^

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you turn off auto-rudder and takeoff help in the options? ^^

Auto rudder unchecked and takeoff help at 0% and using simulation in gameplay options.It goes back to what I posted in another post about short throw controls.If they ever make rudders and joysticks that need pressure to move them a cm then we will finally have excellent control.

I have Pro flight rudders and using the program it come with I have narrowed the range of them drastically.I then only use my two big toes to move them and it makes for much better control.But if someone where to model rudders that moved just an inch each way and with a great progressive feel so that each tiny mm movement is felt as a bit more pressure than it would be nirvana.:joystick:

New Track.trk

• Like 1

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

After a week of trying I've finally took off and landed successfully, though it weren't pretty. lol

3NjxbkvODhU

I know that zig zag well, and the hopeful feeling that goes with it you've got enough airspeed to get the plane off the ground......"c'mon, rotate, rotate damnit".

Here's Chromium and me on our very first flight. Surprisingly, it ended well.

Kxj9TEAEpcA

Lol maaaate! :megalol: Excellent work!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Now we're getting there :)

A look at a few 'tubes about (real life) takeoffs/ landings

A look see at how Takeoff Assist handled things (feet off the rudder)

Dumbing down the rudder curve a bit more...

and voila

TO @ 30 Rudder curve.trk

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Here is my attempt at takeoff/landing with only the startup tutorial under my belt haha. I probably did everything wrong, but I was just wingin it. I did double check that auto rudder and takeoff assist were off though.

System:

i7 920 @3.8ghz; GTX 560ti 448; 6gb DDR3 1600 ram; 750gb HDD; 750w PSU; Win7 64bit; x52 Pro; TrackIR 5

For the sake of posterity, herewith a thread to post your first attempts at a take-off and landing in your new ride. Few things are as sweet as the 'first time'.

For the sake of a benchmark so to speak, herewith a vid captured of a take-off and landing. By no means my first, so not strictly relevant: Just an example.

OK then - let's see the tracks/vids :D

FeEhEDlQ210&hd=1

How do I make a video representation of a sortie, suitable for YouTube or here?

I have flown a lot of sims, but taking off with this one is not that easy. I cannot complete a nice take off. This will take a lot of practice. I love this sim, everything is so difficult.

I added 5 degrees right aileron trim, and 1 to 5 degrees up elevator trim, in addition to the suggested 5 or 6 degrees right rudder trim at takeoff to prevent the, left turn, upwards corkscrew into the ground. Works for me, your mileage may vary. I eventually rev up to full throttle at 100 mph, but all 3 wheels are on the ground.

Once in the air, gear up, I either recenter the trim with a mapped button, or quickly re-trim in flight.

Getting up on just two wheels is a work-in-progress.

I fly full sim using no cheats or assists.

Edited by ErichVon

How do I make a video representation of a sortie, suitable for YouTube or here?

Just fly a mission and save the track. Ensure track plays back correctly. If so, play track again and capture track playback with an utility such as FRAPS http://www.fraps.com/. Once the video file captured, edit with something like Windows Movie Maker, which also allows you to publish directly to Youtube. That's the quick-and-easy approach taken by beginners like me. As you advance your editing software skills you can use programs like Sony Vegas or the like.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Heres my go at my first take off and landing. Although Whenever i seem to look at large city areas at certain areas of the citys it seems to drop my fps considerably. Other than that the game is fantastic and runs great except from the large fps drops.

Ugly but succesful attempt.

So after a few attempts using the training, i thought what the H***.

Why not jump into deep water and see if i can swim.

<well got bot up and down, but it was not petty, more like a miracle i suvived.

Taxiing is especially fustrating, when trying to avoid using brakes to much,

either not enough swing or to much. Directional problems in both start and

landing, and horror absolutly no forward vision during landing.

guess i got to learn the cosair carrier approach.

First flight.trk

Not sure if this video has been posted already, but it's an interesting perspective on the takeoff roll. You can clearly see the torque pulling the tail off the center line and constant work on the rudder during the roll. Wonder what his MP setting was - the tail came up pretty quickly.

Takeoff roll at 3:15:

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• ED Team
Not sure if this video has been posted already, but it's an interesting perspective on the takeoff roll. You can clearly see the torque pulling the tail off the center line and constant work on the rudder during the roll. Wonder what his MP setting was - the tail came up pretty quickly.

Takeoff roll at 3:15:

Ouch - I hope he had at least 150 IAS, preferably 200 IAS when he did that roll just after take off.

This would not be considered a safe manoeuvre under current air display advice.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Well, he did spend considerable time accelerating in the vertical after gears up.

You mean horizontal? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ouch - I hope he had at least 150 IAS, preferably 200 IAS when he did that roll just after take off.

This would not be considered a safe manoeuvre under current air display advice.

Well that is not possible in current build of the P-51D. Takeoff 03:22 - raise gear starts 03:39 and he rolls at 03:49, amazing. Can someone reproduce this in current build?

(HJ)

• ED Team

To fly the sim you really do need to have rudder pedals. As in real life, you are working the pedals like pistons!

However, for those who have not discovered it, in OPTIONS/SPECIAL you have auto rudder option, and a slider for assist take off!

Do not be ashamed to use these options as you start to learn how to fly the P51D.

I know you guys and dolls expect to condense 6 months of real life training into 30 minutes in the sim!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I crashed so many times on takeoff before I realised holding back the stick to lock the tail wheel made things much easier.

The vertical stabiliser/rudder simply doesn't seem to provide enough stability on the takeoff roll on its own. Doesn't seem quite right to me. Anyone else agree/have comments?

Finally had a moment.......

Well that is not possible in current build of the P-51D.

Of course it is :)

Takeoff 03:22 - raise gear starts 03:39 and he rolls at 03:49, amazing. Can someone reproduce this in current build?

Takeoff roll: 12:00:23

Tail Up: 12:00:32

Wheels Up: 12:00:37

Roll: 12:00:49

Track: Take-off and Roll.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:megalol:

Second attempt. First saw me wheels-up to the left on the grass.....No crash though, just untidy :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Watched your track Viper. You max out all to MIL (MP 61 RPM 31) just when releasing brakes and works hard with your feet. I don' think that is what the video "Stallion 51-Lee's Lauderback's Solo Mustang Demo Airshow routine from inside the cockpit of the P-51" is showing so this is a no go. The DCS P-51D Mustang is not simulating the real thing at the moment I think. The P-51D sim is just owerdone to be difficult, but that is fine if ED wants to.

(HJ)