Skins

RePhil

Need a bit of help I can put different skins in other airframes but for some reason not in the Huey I may be doing it wrong(doh) how is it done

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

If also works in the Saved Games folder structure (From my understanding, where ED would prefer to keep custom files). For example:

D:\Users\Ron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\uh-1h

If you have not used the saved games folder structure for liveries, the folders will need to be created. The main thing to remember is to utilize the same capitalization and syntax as the original install.

Good luck!

Thanks tried both methods and nothing there other than stock ones.

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Need a bit of help I can put different skins in other airframes but for some reason not in the Huey I may be doing it wrong(doh) how is it done

Let me know what skin you are trying to use and what version of DCS you are using.

(Also are you using OVGME or JSGME?)

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I use 2.51 and any of the Canadian skins and my lac of computer skills shows here I don't have JSGME and don't know what OVGEM is. In the main folder in F drive there are all the skins but in the saved game=s folder there is no liveries folder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you've tried this then my apologies, but....make sure in the ME you are using the correct air force. I did this once a long time ago, made myself nuts trying to make a skin work only to find that in the description.lua it only supported Canada. You can change it as well so you can see it in multiplayer where US is the default country, it's the very last line in the .lua, just add "USA" to it, it would look like this:

countries = {"USA", "CAN"}

I use my Huey skins in the main root folder, not Saved Games. It works fine for me. If nothing else put up a link to the skin you are using and I will load it up and see if I can get it to work for you, and then give you step by step instructions so you can get it working.

~S

If you've tried this then my apologies, but....make sure in the ME you are using the correct air force. I did this once a long time ago, made myself nuts trying to make a skin work only to find that in the description.lua it only supported Canada. You can change it as well so you can see it in multiplayer where US is the default country, it's the very last line in the .lua, just add "USA" to it, it would look like this:

countries = {"USA", "CAN"}

I use my Huey skins in the main root folder, not Saved Games. It works fine for me. If nothing else put up a link to the skin you are using and I will load it up and see if I can get it to work for you, and then give you step by step instructions so you can get it working.

~S

Thanks guess for now I will just learn to fly then get into ME stuff later I don't us that just us stock missions and some downloaded ones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]