MINING

BitMaster

Make informed (invest in what you understand) investments in the stock market.

Heh, who can really say he understands the stock market?

Besides, the more i understand, the more i am appalled, that makes it kinda hard to invest in anything.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Heh, who can really say he understands the stock market?

Besides, the more i understand, the more i am appalled, that makes it kinda hard to invest in anything.

Understanding it is impossible. I was referring to understanding markets and industries, not the stock market itself. I certainly don't understand the market in any great depth. However, working with observed results and trends does not require understanding and still allows one to benefit from it.

You don't have to understand the physics behind why a taught rope will act the way it does when you step on it to be able to learn how to walk across it. :)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But coming back to mining itself and its benefits, it becomes even more ridiculous when we are facing the current energy consumption burned for... well... nothing.

https://futurism.com/mining-bitcoin-costs-more-energy-159-countries-consume-year/

With such information available... how can we even think at profitability? If this continues there will be cascade effects starting from increasing energy price. And energy is the base of our current world. We don't even need to think twice about this fact.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

205 Euros on 67 Mh/s. What kind of a magic is tihs ?

Sometimes the currencies exchange rate skyrockets, for reason beyond my understanding, for certain coins that you mine with Awesome miner, usually it only lasts for a few minutes, this run went on till next morning, not that high, but way higher than normal.

SADLY, Hash Refinery was on a wrong fork and something else..and that money from that night, roughly 9-11€ in a couple hours...was nulled..bAAAHHHHHH

That stuff happens, sad for all involved.

electricity demands, check Burst, they need 1/40th the BTC energy/transaction....but needs serious harddrive space. BURST , the guys with 300TB machines LoL

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

With the current rates, it hardly justifies to mine.

The only hope is to keep the coins and exchange them IF it goes back up in a few months ( before the electricity bill flies in da house ).

My 1080Ti does 40.8 Mh/sec with Ethereum, that is roughly 67€ per month...ehhhhhh NO !

The wear & tear + electricity will not justify ETH alone, not with my rig.

Awesome Miner as profit miner, payed in btc, well, it is PAID IN BTC, so not that great at the moment if you wanna cash it in. YOu could save the coins..and hope for better times.

If the rates don't go up for 2-3 month many small miners will step out, I am sure.

If you went ALL-IN with 10 cards, you gotta ride that horse until it payed itself, that's the deal.

I mine, but I am no "miner" in that sense, my GPU is primarily for GAMING, so if it falls below a certain profit, I just pull the plug :) That easy.

One could mine ETH...and hope it goes x20 in a year...yeah....IF.

I am no gambler, if the current data says NO it's a no, I dont hope for better times.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Sup bit! you are back.

Im still on profits so im keeping on it. both cards together are paying my 1070ti. so we are still riding the horse. gotta say im having lot of fun even in the one click miner im using lol. its like interesting being on all of this.

When profits are in negative, pluggin out i guess.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

$67 a month is truly awful for a 1080 TI, my 1060 6GB cards make more than that. My 1080 TI makes about $5 per day gross with nicehash mining whatever. Or more specifically, it would if I let it run 24 hours a day mining, I also have to use it at times. That number doesn't account for electricity, but it is at 85% power target so it's only drawing around 200W.

Mining income did take a pretty big hit when bitcoin bottomed out at around $5900 USD last week, but it's since gone back up to $10k and mining is once again worthwhile with the right miner/pool/gear.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

• 1 month later...

yeah....it looks like I will fill those pools 1 last time to get my money out and then wait and see.

There are new ASIC miners out now. One has to see what they will do to profit. Mining with the CPU seems to be obsolete now since they mine cryptonight with ASIC. Profit is less than half for almost a week now. 16cents dont cut it...no. 30-50cents for a CPU/day is ok but anything lower than 30cents is not profitable.

Luckily, I have made enough to say, my 1080Ti came at a normal price, she paid for herself.

Right now..I am lucky if she makes 2€/day.

Still, I am not convinced this is the end of mining and the beginning of normal GPU prices. It's a bit too early to claim that imho.

• 2 months later...
Luckily, I have made enough to say, my 1080Ti came at a normal price, she paid for herself.

And during that time you took a hefty amount off of the lifetime and spent god knows how many kWhs of energy. Seems like a sour deal.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I haven't been in DCS for a few years now. I am now trying to promote Bitcoin system, original Peer-to-Peer Digital Cash crytpo currency (because Bitcoin BTC development has been hijacked and its usability as money, destroyed by central banks already)... so if anyone is interested in Bitcoin, please visit my YouTube channel to learn about this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKq...xjtooRKCS-G0hg

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Hi, I haven't really got to mining as I have only one main PC and don't want to clog it with mining software, but has anyone thought of mining from solar panel system? Example:10Kw worth of PV panels hooked up to recharge batteries for night shift while running a mining rig in daytime at the same time.Considering panels lifespan around 25 yrs. and optimistic crypto rates that would be quite a difference vs running the rig from the grid.(I wonder if someone with large properties isn't making huge income like this currently) Other than that I see this minig quite eco-unfriendy (and I'm not some crazy eko activist).

Edited by _Randolph93
typing...

Intel i5-9600k - Asus TUF Z390 - 32GB DDR4 corsair - Gigabyte RTX 2070 - Seasonic 620W - SSD Crucial, HDD Seagate

I did consider mining at the end of 2017 when price$ where going up. At work we have a 60 kw solar system, that's over 200+ panels and pumps out about 90,000 kWh year. We have lots of sun here.:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

For me the electricity costs are trivial. The problem is you just can't make your money back from the initial purchases. That may change with 7nm Vega and the upcoming GTX cards, but I have doubts.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I stopped mining end of June when it became unprofitable for me.

The profit was ok as all i ever wanted was to make enough to justify the 1 grand € I payed for this damn card. Now it's more like I payed 600 and a bit.

My pal got 2 x 1080ti only for mining, he still mines to get the money back which becomes harder and harder. Since he doesnt game and actually never needed a 1080ti, or 2, this is a bad situation.

Solar or wind generator gives you better returns and they won't be obsolete in 3 years

You have to buy those too and then it'll take even longer to amortize the expenses.

Come let's eat grandpa!