Dora The forgotten DCS module

mrmat01

In your opinion, however there are differences.

We are happy with the cockpit the way it is.

Thanks

P.S please do not bicker, and please be tolerant with each other

Guys we are getting off topic here :poster_offtopic: :gun_rifle:

I agree with BIGNEWY on this on.

This is meant to be about that the Dora has been over looked in the way of missions & campaigns. Not in the way of graphical updates or remodeling. I think it ok as is.

I was hoping to inspire someone to give it some love :love: while we are all stuck at home. Yes I can build a mission but I'm not really that good at it.

well not good enough to share them. Its not the same as a professionally built mission or campaign. So come on guys. Please someone give it a crack. :smilewink: :thumbup: :D

Edited by mrmat01

Guys we are getting off topic here :poster_offtopic: :gun_rifle:

I agree with BIGNEWY on this on.

This is meant to be about that the Dora has been over looked in the way of missions & campaigns. Not in the way of graphical updates or remodeling. I think it ok as is.

I was hoping to inspire someone to give it some love :love: while we are all stuck at home. Yes I can build a mission but I'm not really that good at it.

well not good enough to share them. Its not the same as an professionally built mission or campaign. So come on guys Please someone give it a crack. :smilewink: :thumbup: :D

Oh you can, do it. Jut download some good mission for spitfire, and swap spits for Dora easy.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Oh you can, do it. Jut download some good mission for spitfire, and swap spits for Dora easy.

Yer swap a British plane for a German plane :noexpression: That's authentic.

Might be ok for modern stuff dosnt really work for WWII stuff :unsure:

Edited by mrmat01

Yer swap a British plane for a German plane :noexpression: That's authentic.

Might be ok for modern stuff dosnt really work for WWII stuff :unsure:

Captured Doras.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 3 weeks later...
Man, we dont need missions, we need a cockpit that is accurate and just plainly better. Proportions are a bit off and it really stands out in VR.

I must question, wouldn't it be just so easy to take the A8 cockpit and update the various gauges to fit the D9?

The D9 is quite literally an A8 with a longer nose...

What is the problem with the cockpit of the dora?

I have the Dora for years and its my single WW2 module. I have heard some user mentioned how superior the cockpit and the model of the new A8 module compared to the Dora.

So I have just tried all the WW2 module with a few minute free flight thanks of the generous opportunity of the "free for all" month from ED.

Maybe I am missing something but apart from the exterior textures and model what might be a little bit less detailed for the first sight (or not less at all) I found the cockpit of the Dora pretty nice if not the best for my eyes compared to the rest.

Do you have problem with the accuracy of the proportions? I can't comment on that since I haven't sit in a real one but I like the quality of the textures an the model of the cockpit the most of all the ww2 module.

Back to the topic.

If there would have been a WW2 Normandy DLC campaign for the Dora I am pretty sure I would have bought it already.

Maybe after the updated damage model is out accompanied with the new ww2 maps that would generate a bit more love for the Dora also. :D

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I'd just like the gun safety on the stick to work right.

Agree, gun safety feature should be implemented asap.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

• 3 weeks later...