Bombers for Marianas Islands

Beta Sokol

I think it´s time to bring some heavy bombers into the sim like B-29, B-36 and B-47 - they were stationed at Guam Andersen AFB or remember Tinian full of B-29´s.

Think about it !

P.S. don´t tell me about this B-29 mod, these planes must compare to the ingame B-17...

Not saying "don't", but there's two WW2 european maps wanting heavies...

I just mean the B-29 mod from user files compared to the detailing of the B-17. AI planes are centuries away from what we have with F 16 and F 18 which are more important for now. There are so many things missing in the game...

+1 The problem with the maps is we really lack the proper assets to make the most out of them.

For aircraft apart from the Su-24M and the Tu-22M3, we actually don't have any bombers with updated graphics, the rest are extremely low-res. The only other is the B-17G.

Ground vehicles do better - but only really for the Caucasus region, but 95% I'd say are out of date graphically speaking by a fairly long way. All other ground vehicles added during and post 1.5 surpass them by a sizeable margin. Also we only have 3 EWRs, all of which are Eastern, 2 of which are long overdue for a graphics update and the truck the P-19's mounted on could do with some minor touch ups.

Ships definitely suffer the most, the Ticonderoga and Oliver Hazard Perry class while decent-ish could do with an update, same goes for the Slava and Taruntul-III. The Chinese asset pack ships are okay, but a number of major details are really lacking, it's especially noticeable up close... The rest of the ships are incredibly out of date. The recent Nimitz is pretty decent, the supercarrier should be yet and the Arleigh Burke should match.

Don't forget that a map like the Marianas opens the door to not just more Chinese assets, but Japan, North and South Korea too.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

B-52 and Tu-95 has on plans to update them. About WW2, others US and UK bombers has planned. Meanwhile Deka has a plan to build a H-6 bomber.

About "mising" only check the "Vacant Model" list maintang by me.... has very "practical" to all content with can build ED and 3rd parties about "missing" or need to update content.

The B-29 (and by proxy Tu-4) would have that slight advantage of being nifty assets for 1950s scenarios with F-86s and MiG-15s as well as late WW2 stuff. But that's just me with my old fantasy of trying to string stuff together in DCS now and then.

P.S. don´t tell me about this B-29 mod, these planes must compare to the ingame B-17...

That would be the ideal .. but for editing missions right now, I will glady use DOL's Mod .. and even give thanks that he cared enough to do something real, beyond just stating a wish:

LRiTuh4.jpg

AuUOELz.jpg

I hope Hawkeye60 will be able to fix the old He-111H Mod, like he did with the Stuka Mod :)

Best regards,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think it´s time to bring some heavy bombers into the sim like B-29, B-36 and B-47 - they were stationed at Guam Andersen AFB or remember Tinian full of B-29´s.

Think about it !

Look, the B-29 mod even has pilots sitting in the cockpit! Now take a look into ED's B-17 cockpit. :music_whistling:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

That would be the ideal .. but for editing missions right now, I will glady use DOL's Mod .. and even give thanks that he cared enough to do something real, beyond just stating a wish:

LRiTuh4.jpg

AuUOELz.jpg

I hope Hawkeye60 will be able to fix the old He-111H Mod, like he did with the Stuka Mod :)

Best regards,

So there is an updated mod available, didn´t noticed that. I deleted a lot of mods not working for me (new edm)...Will try, looks realy good now.

So there is an updated mod available, didn´t noticed that. I deleted a lot of mods not working for me (new edm)...Will try, looks realy good now.

Yes, version 1.5 of the Mod is compatible with dcs 2.5.5 .. you can get it here:

http://virtualcockpits.web.fc2.com/mod/dcsw_b-29/dcsw_b-29.html

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

The B-29 (and by proxy Tu-4) would have that slight advantage of being nifty assets for 1950s scenarios with F-86s and MiG-15s as well as late WW2 stuff. But that's just me with my old fantasy of trying to string stuff together in DCS now and then.

Yeah fleshing out a few more 50's assets even if AI would be great.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The Mariana Islands map looks like it's going to be a modern day map, so it would make more sense add the B-2 and update the B-1 and B-52 models.

I intend to remove the more glaring buildings and vehicles, and use it for WW2 Missions with the upcoming Corsair and the Mustang P51D .. will have to use Mods for the American & Japanese ships, but it should be far more interesting than flying modern aircrafts there:

fxwrLfV.jpg

:D