Flying the Harrier, JTAC wont answer after ready to copy remarks

Fisherman82

Im flying the Harrier in a mission with a JTAC but I can not get any answer from him after I send the ready to copy remarks command. I have recived laser code and so on but I never get any further than ready to copy remarks. What am I doing wrong?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Im flying the Harrier in a mission with a JTAC but I can not get any answer from him after I send the ready to copy remarks command. I have recived laser code and so on but I never get any further than ready to copy remarks. What am I doing wrong?

I had this issue yesterday. I'd double check the advance way point options. I think the fac needs the fac-a that come standar. Then an additional fac-assifn unit after. And that is the all.

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Set up your JTAC like this and it should work. Ignore that I have a three at the bottom. I have multiple groups to attack, you only need one

6c5638809eac29400732cfb8d75fabd8.png

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I tried Shadows tip but no luck.

Could someone please try these missions and see if they work? I have never gotten past Ready To Copy Remarks in the JTAC interaction. Not in DCS 1.5, 2.0, 2.2 or 2.5. Never.

I tried the first. I got no further than "ready to copy remarks".

Could someone please try these missions and see if they work? I have never gotten past Ready To Copy Remarks in the JTAC interaction. Not in DCS 1.5, 2.0, 2.2 or 2.5. Never.

I'll put together a mission tonight that work and send a copy here.

-Shadow

What am I doing wrong?

You may be doing nothing wrong, as like you, I can't get the JTAC to continue communication with the Harrier after the initial 9-line response, "... advise when ready for remarks and further talk-on", etc.

I changed the AV-8B load out to laser mavericks and/or GBU-12 and the JTAC vehicle to a "ATGM M1045 HHMV TOW" but neither changed the JTAC's lack of communication.

A Copy and paste A-10C in the same mission worked, with follow on menu items and an available loaded weapon chosen (JTAC asked for a gun run against the trucks, even though I'd loaded up with GBU-12/AGM-65D).

While testing the AV-8B, I got bored and self-lased GBU-12's onto the trucks; when the last truck was destroyed, the JTAC gave a truck destroyed, 'no more tasks available' - so it looks to be a AV-8B/JTAC specific issue, perhaps failing when the JTAC has to choose between the AV-8B's loaded weapons: A-10C reported gun ammo, AV-8B didn't report Gunpod, only GBU-12's/AGM-65E's - so perhaps only laser guided weapons ?

EDIT - That's the problem, loading up with GBU-12 and AGM-65E (and no gunpod), the JTAC continues their response

attachment.php?attachmentid=186674&stc=1&d=1528253409

For general AI JTAC use for the AV-8B, I usually use Mist/CTLD, so you may want to look at that, if it's not already part of your toolbox.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.2.18144

483352275_AV-8B(GBU-12andAGM-65E-NOGUNPOD)DCSJTACrepondsScreen_180606_033021.jpg.03e0b97eb02ba29678b8a144f2f55350.jpg

AV-8B JTAC (Edited), Test Ground FAC.miz

Edited by Ramsay
Found the problem and a work around.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yeah. Must be bugged. I can't get it to work either.

I noticed that the player pilot voice does not announce the type of aircraft. Must be because it's still a wip.

-Shadow

I will try Ramsays edited mission after work. I hope they fix it since the AV8B is a CAS aircraft and a working interaction with JTACs is very important to be able to use it in a realistic way in single player at least.

Edited by Fisherman82

I tried the first. I got no further than "ready to copy remarks".

Tried again, same result. I then started to bomb the trucks by myself. During my second pass LST locked on a laser spot. JTAC was lasing but not on a target but at a random spot on the ground.

I hope they fix it since the AV8B is a CAS aircraft and a working interaction with JTACs is very important to be able to use it in a realistic way in single player at least.

It seems Razbam haven't allowed for the fact that a JTAC might mark a target with laser but ask for dumb weapon delivery i.e. a dumb bomb, rocket or gun run.

The same is true for the Mirage 2000C but that isn't night capable or have NVG/LST to spot laser target markers.

Note: In my edited test mission, sometimes I had to repeat my requests to the JTAC to get a response but the sequence did complete :

• JTAC: Use weapon xxx

• Player: 9-line read back

• JTAC: Report IP inbound

• Player: IP inbound

• JTAC: CONTINUE

• Player: Laser ON

• JTAC: Lasing

(DMT LST mode to spot lase)

• Player: Spot

• Player: IN from the xxx

• JTAC: 'Cleared HOT'

(Master ARM ON, pickle when release parameters met)

• JTAC: Shift (to next vehicle in target group)

repeat/reattack, IP inbound, etc.

I locked up the JTAC's laser source more than once during testing, so it's just as well he's immortal, lol

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It seems so, but its not only related to laser, it wont work if you set the JTAC to mark with smoke or IR pointer instead for dumb bomb delivery. Only laser with GBU-12 and AGM-65E works as you said. I managed to get that to work in the mission you did for me.

is it still bugged?

Another question, can any of you set up a LAV-25 as a JTAC to laser designate a target? I only get No Mark, I can only get it to work with Strykers.

AFAIK only vehicles with EPLRS work with DCS's default JTAC/FAC (it's required for the A-10C data link).

Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2387993&postcount=2

Unit list: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Units_with_EPLRS

With CTLD/MOOSE scripting any unit can be used but you'll lose the 9-line script/coms

• 1 year later...

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...