DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

interesting how they segregate supercarrier owners from non... Non-owners = no spawn on deck and no landing wire contact... You wont be able to stop if you dont own it... Clever!!

How’s that going to work for chopper and harrier owners?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

*In reply to above*

Still not going to be able to use radios or interact with deck crew. Not much difference from what will be on Stennis except watching the crew work with the Hornets and Cats which is cool.

Harrier has its own carrier anyway with the proper length for takeoff. Id imagine it'll be very awkward on the SC to be doing your takeoff run (through the deck crew you can't communicate with to get out of the way) when all the compatible jets are moving around. Sure you can land but I'd argue the experience will be worse than doing so on the empty carriers.

Edited by Zee Pet

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

From the DCS Supercarrier Operations Guide [29. March Draft], page 30, CASE I Recovery

In the list for the communication protocol between the pilot and Marshal - I miss a message from Marshal about the Holding Pattern Altitude for the flight.

page 31: are you sure, we have 4 Flights [4x 2-ships] on the same altitude?

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• ED Team

From the news letter

attachment.php?attachmentid=230825&stc=1&d=1585356486

Prepare for Supercarrier

Hit the deck running

attachment.php?attachmentid=231510&stc=1&d=1585883639

As we prepare to launch Supercarrier into early access, we have written a FAQ section to quick start your learning. Read community questions here.

The Supercarrier early access manual is now available for download. Prepare for Carrier OPS in DCS World by downloading the manual.

Wags is working hard on instructional videos. You can find more on his channel

See development screenshots here

Supercarrier

Development Report

attachment.php?attachmentid=231511&stc=1&d=1585883890

Supercarrier development has been progressing at a steady pace, we wanted to show off two areas many of you have been asking about;

Hangar Area

The basic structure has been completed.

Night Lighting

To provide an immersive nighttime experience, we are working on the addition of glow sticks and aircraft light flash signals. Vests also have reflective patches.

Stay At Home

Fly Warbirds free, and save

This is your chance to experience the P-51D Mustang, Fw 190A-8 Anton, and the Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst for free over the coming days. Visit our store for 50% off most of our modules until April 18th.

See the free trial schedule below and visit our E-shop or Steam.

April 3-4: Mustang

April 5-6: Fw 190 A8

April 7-8: Bf 109 K4

April 9-10: Persian Gulf Map

April 11-12: Nevada Map

April 13-14: F-86

April 15-16: MiG-15

April 17-18: Black Shark Ka-50

Visit our e-shop

Thank you all again for your support and passion.

Yours sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

attachment.php?attachmentid=230816&stc=1&d=1585356339attachment.php?attachmentid=230817&stc=1&d=1585356339attachment.php?attachmentid=230818&stc=1&d=1585356898attachment.php?attachmentid=230819&stc=1&d=1585356339attachment.php?attachmentid=230820&stc=1&d=1585356339attachment.php?attachmentid=230821&stc=1&d=1585356339attachment.php?attachmentid=230828&stc=1&d=1585356814

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For Case II and Case III, will there be a heavy rolling of the SC deck?

The IFLOLS has two modes of stabilization: line and inertial. The most precise is inertial stabilization. In line, the glide path is stabilized to infinity. As the deck pitches and rolls, the source lights are rolled to maintain a steady glideslope fixed in space. Inertial stabilization functions like line, but also compensates for the flight deck heave (the straight up and down component of deck motion). If the IFLOLS cannot keep up with the motion of the deck, the LSO can switch to the MOVLAS or simply perform "LSO talk downs." Only the most experienced LSOs will perform talk downs or control aircraft with MOVLAS during heavy sea states.

Edited by =Mac=
added info on IFLOLS

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

so... why so much work on the interior ? I admire the attention to detail ... is it because it can be viewed from outside so you want it to be complete?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

so... why so much work on the interior ? I admire the attention to detail ... is it because it can be viewed from outside so you want it to be complete?

I look at this module as expandable. They can expand on a lot of aspects of the SC. For example, adding more rooms/areas and expanding the deck crew's functionality. I think this will be a great base structure to expand upon for future addons to the SC. Maybe even one day we can walk up to the jet and get in or deck crew help startup the jet. A lot of possibilities.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Please, no!

Call-the-Ball.jpg

I agree, that's the last thing you want to be faffing with in the groove. Just give us a key/button press.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

+1 on the single keystroke for this, and maybe an option for auto response as well...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

CASE 1 is normally zip lip anyway.

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

CASE 1 is normally zip lip anyway.

Skyspin

ONLY during cyclic ops. NEVER during CQ.

And even during cyclic ops, if conditions warrant, a “99, low vis calls” may be announced on the radio, and the recovery will no longer be zip lip.

We are all instantly carrier qualified with our module purchase.

I can stop on the deck more often than not, but the only reason the aircraft (and cross-deck pendant) can be reused is DCS hasn't modeled the damage I do landing at 950 fps near the left fault line.

Since I figured out how to turn on the needles I'm getting better at that, though.

We'll see about that :)

I don't think you get it which is why the developers are spending countless hours programming boatloads of silliness that I will gladly shut off given the capability to do so.

And I am praying fervently to the Great Pixel that we are allowed to choose whether or not we participate in rote adherence to mind numbing carrier procedures.

Edited by pmiceli

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

I don't think you get it which is why the developers are spending countless hours programming boatloads of silliness that I will gladly shut off given the capability to do so.

And I am praying fervently to the Great Pixel that we are allowed to choose whether or not we participate in rote adherence to mind numbing carrier procedures.

So why don't you just use the current Stennis? Mind numbing solved!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So why don't you just use the current Stennis? Mind numbing solved!

The answer to your question is quite simple. I paid for the Supercarrier in order to be able to create missions with larger numbers of player slots on the carrier.

That is all I really want out of it.

This is supposed to be a sandbox. I don’t want brick walls in it.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg