NWS long press doesn't only switch missiles but also switches NWS on and off?

D4n

Hi, probably more of a question to former F-16 mechanics or even pilots, is this behaviour realistic when taxiing? :huh: (Possibly F-16 pilots IRL are not supposed to change missile-selection on the ground? :P )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So Frederf, you're also saying with WOW and AR door closed, missile-switching shouldn't work at all by long-pressing NWS button?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So this means we can make a bugreport about this, or?

Aahaaa, then I guess F-16 pilots irl are not supposed to long press NWS button on the ground.

Holding NWS button to do NWS stuff is a thing, the dash 1 mentions it. I would be very surprised if pressing that button on the ground would do *any* of the tactical functions. I'm trying to think if there's any situation where you'd need the tactical functions of that button on the ground and couldn't do the same thing with OSBs and I'm coming up blank.

The button is time shared between functions A (NWS) B (A/R) and C (weapons) and when it's doing function A it never affects B & C. When doing function B it never affects A & C. When doing function C it never affects A & B.

Edited by Frederf
good spot Daniel

Aaaah so then it must be a bug currently (if funct. C never affects A&B, what I guess you meant in the end and accidentally wrote "C never affects B&C)

Holding NWS button to do NWS stuff is a thing, the dash 1 mentions it. I would be very surprised if pressing that button on the ground would do *any* of the tactical functions. I'm trying to think if there's any situation where you'd need the tactical functions of that button on the ground and couldn't do the same thing with OSBs and I'm coming up blank.

The button is time shared between functions A (NWS) B (A/R) and C (weapons) and when it's doing function A it never affects B & C. When doing function B it never affects A & C. When doing function C it never affects B & C.

Not a bug currently. It will do all A, B and C simultaneously if in a master mode that it can do so.

Aaaaah thank you!! Finally cleared this, so F-16 pilots would never switch to A2A master mode on the ground I think (or never long-press NWS on ground). Nice! :)