how to edit broken .miz file

rwbishUP

After the update, reapplied my mods. I couldn't open my recent mission that I'm working on, getting the error for "required mod needed to open mission". The mod is the Knuckle Buster ammo reloader by mithandra. I added the mod back to DCS, but still no dice. So I was wondering if there is a way I can open and modify the .miz file directly to remove this mod from the mission? Since ME won't open the .miz, because it's not recognizing the mod.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

1st : Make a Backup of the MIZ file

2) Uncompress the .MIZ file, I use WinRAR for this, amongst the files that were inside the .MIZ there is one called "mission"

3) Open the "mission" file with notepad ++

4) Near the top of the file there is a section called "requiredModules", edit it and remove the lines corresponding to the offending Mod.

5) Put the edited "mission" onto the .MIZ file and test.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1st : Make a Backup of the MIZ file

2) Uncompress the .MIZ file, I use WinRAR for this, amongst the files that were inside the .MIZ there is one called "mission"

3) Open the "mission" file with notepad ++

4) Near the top of the file there is a section called "requiredModules", edit it and remove the lines corresponding to the offending Mod.

5) Put the edited "mission" onto the .MIZ file and test.

Thanks a million for the help Rudel! You saved me from starting from scratch.

:thumbup:

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Side question, would that then simply ignore any of the content that was supplied by the mod and not show it after the edit ? could it be used as a simple way to strip out custom content from the mission ? and the re: save etc ?
Jupp, may cause side effects, so always make a backup of the mission, but mostly it should work like that.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)