TrackIR

If I can't get this working are there view controls inside balckshark that will allow is to control the view around the cockpit similar to Track Ir.

You can move your head in the cockpit without using TrackIR, yes.

For example, a Saitek using the pinky trigger as a modifier on the hatswitck to move from rotation to translation.

So you don't NEED a TrackIR to fly Black Shark. It's a serious advantage, though.

I've still never used one. Tried to get one set up at the RC Sims show and it was confused by a ceiling light, and my current setup makes it a bit difficult.

While I have had track Ir 3 Pro with the vector addon, I have also struggled to get it to work right, It seems whenever i move my head to look or click on the cockpit, the view either jumps all over the place and spins round or I cant keep my head still enough to click on the switch. While i have heard many many people say how good this device is, and I have to say by the vids it seems to work well in Blackshark, Can someone please please tell me how to set the damn thing up so it works as well as that :D

Hell im that excited about blackshark, I have even got it back out of the loft and reset the track IR up yesterday in the hope I can have it working in time for blackshark.

If I can't get this working are there view controls inside balckshark that will allow is to control the view around the cockpit similar to Track Ir.

Track IR, 101 :D

Much as everyone else has suggested, play around with the curves and deadzones to suit your tastes, but before you get to any of that.. make sure that there is no interference for the camera by removing any light sources from the cameras Field of View.

These can be anything from the light up on your ceiling, TV's, Windows, mirrors... anything that can confuse the sensor.

TIR.jpg

In this image for example,

#1 is a picture frame reflecting the morning sunlight.

#2 is a dvd case that is also reflecting the same sunlight

#3 is a TV

Clear out these reflections (which basically means that I have to close the curtains if I fly in the mornings and turn the TV off), and your tracking will be much smoother.

Also, when checking the tracking view like above, make sure that you are not sat in front of the camera when you do it. The reason is simply that there may be something that reflects the Inrfa-red light from the camera directly behind you. Ordinarily, the camera does not see it, but when you move your head, THERE IS IS! and the camera spins off like a crazy thing.

I promise you, once you get it set up correctly,it will be almost more important than your HOTAS

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just another note, to check for reflections at different times of day...

This image was captured only 20 minutes after the first one, and you can see the difference that the movement of the relative position of the sun has made in just that short amount of time!

TIR2.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WTF man....that looks like some kid went crazy with the finger paints! I guess I'm lucky, all I see on mine is the 3 little reflectors.

TrackIR is a must. There are no buts about it. It frees up switches on your setup to be used for better things as well as allowing you to move your head around to look. I know there are those that don't use it, but really, it makes everything else obsolete.

Edited by RedTiger

Here's my setup with TrackIR3

trackir.jpgI also have a 19" flatpanel CRT to my right that I use as a secondary monitor (main if im not gaming) that I'm gonna put the ABRIS on or the TV (Schval?) Very interesting :)

I'm also Tempted to SLI this baby and get a touchscreen monitor lol 4 monitor ports :joystick: :D

I've still never used one. Tried to get one set up at the RC Sims show and it was confused by a ceiling light, and my current setup makes it a bit difficult.

Ah You must be the gent, that myself and my best mate spent quite a bit of time with last yr, picking your brains on what damage model was on here, Including us flying it into a pylon to see if anything would happen. ( We crashed by the way :) ) While I know you had trouble setting it up, We all thought it was amazing and you did a great job of convincing us that blackshark was worth looking at. Thanks mate, Hope to see you at the next one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope there is a good system for looking around and being able to see all switches etc without Track IR.

Maybe like a button can be assigned on the joystick that will toggle a 'look mode' that does a few things:

1)

Switches the hat switch from 'looking' up-down-left-right to 'transversing' up-down-left-right.

2)

Enables mouse movement for 'looking' up-down-left-right.

3)

Mouse wheel for 'zoomng' in-out.

That way when you untoggle the mode it re-centers and you can still look around with hat switch.

I've been using TrackIR 4 for over a year and a half and it just blew me away when I first used it. Makes flying all the more realistic. One thing to note though, if your using the Pro Clip that fixes on the left side of your headset, then make sure you place the TrackIR unit on the left of your monitor. Otherwise you find that when you turn your head left you loose tracking.

I have the TrackClip Pro and I find that the stem that attaches to the head set clip pops out too easily. Other than that and the previously mentioned light interference it works fantastically. Has anybody else had similar problems with Pro Clip?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Well guys after hrs of trying to setup Track IR........ I'VE DONE IT :) Now works great, well it does on the setup screen, just got to try it while flying. Damn I hope its worth it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

...Damn I hope its worth it.

Have No Fear........:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think it will be quite important for ED to create a good system for looking around the cockpit and pressing buttons with the mouse and instruct players to use left hand for left side switches and the right hand for right hand switches, so that you let go of the "right" control when activating a switch, I guess you should have the mouse between the collective and cyclic to make it easier. Forcing players to get yet another not so cheap periferal to be able to enjoy the simulation would not be a good idea. Personally I hope that there will be a good rebate on TrackIR and pedals included with the game, perhaps there could be a whole package that you could buy, DCS + hotas + pedals + TrackIR, Please :)

• Like 1

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Well guys after messing around all week with my Track Ir, I've sorted out a profile that works well, at least it does on falcon. So now all ready and waiting for the best heli sim to come our way for a long time. Now question is, should I build a collective or not to go along with my hotas,pedals and Track IR :D

I would recommend Track IR though, after getting it working, It does seem to be great

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]