Alternative for Tripple-Head-2-Go?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Your link to the UV Plus+ product doesn't mention if it will work with games/directX/OpenGL.

As fred99 mentioned, Software Triplehead by Kegetys is probably the way to go. The software is free, all you need is a spare video card.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Cheers

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Your link to the UV Plus+ product doesn't mention if it will work with games/directX/OpenGL.

As fred99 mentioned, Software Triplehead by Kegetys is probably the way to go. The software is free, all you need is a spare video card.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Cheers

Cool. How many spare-video-cards do you have? Can you give me 2 or 3?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Cool. How many spare-video-cards do you have? Can you give me 2 or 3?

hehehe

LazerPotatoe should have specified a "cheap" spare video card. I have one 8800GTS 512 PCI-ex + 7600GS 512 PCI-ex and I can run Lomac at 5040x1050 and I get like 45-50 fps.

-fred

Yes, thanks Fred. It can be a less-powerful card. Your main video card does all the processing and most of the rendering.

I figure that if you can afford 3 monitors, and you're looking at buying a triple-head gadget, then you can afford a $50 video card.

Regards,

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Nice setup. :thumbup:

I think with either alternative the monitors are the most expensive part of this anyway.

@Fred did you think about unfixing monitor frame ? The panels will stick directly next to next one panel, and you won't have this black frames which disturbs good view and IMHO deconcentrate player. But now also is nice :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

@Fred did you think about unfixing monitor frame ? The panels will stick directly next to next one panel, and you won't have this black frames which disturbs good view and IMHO deconcentrate player. But now also is nice :)

Didn't realize this was possible. Is this an "easy" thing to do?

Some time ago I saw on youtube guy which easy deleted frames, of course if monitors are new on guarranty you will lost it but if you have confidence to yourself and will do it calmly all will be good. But before eventual deleting frames think about advantages and disadvantages, for plusses example much better view, for minuses lost of guarranty.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Good point, Boberro.

Well, removing the frontframe is not difficult, but depending on the construction, you have to come up with something else to hold the panels, as you probably have to remove the backpart, too.

But depending on the display used, this would narrow the gap to a few millimeters at best. :thumbup: