F-14 May Development Update -- Campaigns & Content!

Cobra847

F6aHIBX.jpg

Dear All,

Since our last development update, the team has been working hard towards the completion of the final items that we listed in our March update. We're making strong progress on all of these, and we're doing our utmost to try and complete as many high quality features for the F-14 as we possibly can. Later today, the team will be meeting to plan the last major push in features and development tasks required for Early Access release. There may be some quiet in the next month or two as we hunker down and crunch hard - but we won't rest until we are satisfied, so take it as busy silence in preparation for the coming rise of the phoenix.

All in all, we're incredibly excited to begin to reach the end of the beginning. Now that the aircraft becomes more and more feature complete, it's time for us to start going in depth on content. We're always been committed to ensuring that we launch of products with as much free, high quality content as we can. This includes e.g. campaigns and AI aircraft, ships and other assets. The F-14 will be no different - it will ship with two campaigns; one for the F-14A and one for the F-14B (A+). Work has begun on these, but they will not be part of the Early Access release. Early Access will however have Single Missions, Multiplayer Missions, Training Missions and Instant Action available from day one.

The objective of creating the F-14 campaigns was to create two separate opportunities for realistic gameplay that broadly exposed the player to the aircraft’s strengths and weaknesses, while taking inspiration from real scenarios.

DCS currently offers two combat theaters that are suited to the suited to the F-14: the Black Sea map and the Persian Gulf map.

We felt it was important to offer an included campaign that could be played by any DCS user who purchased the DCS: F-14A/B.

For these reasons, we chose the place the F-14B (as the F-14A+ operating in late-1990) in the Black Sea Map for its campaign. The F-14A will have a historically-based campaign that takes place in the Persian Gulf Map – taking direct inspiration from real deployments and combat events in the theater from 1987-88. This closely matches the timeframe of the module itself and the aircraft as equipped.

Below are overviews of the campaign storylines with the background leading up to the start operations. Effort will be made to include historically accurate airwing compositions and squadrons as part of the campaign.

Besides Campaigns, we're working hard on both announced (Forrestal Class) an unannounced extra content (aircraft & other units) for the F-14. On full release, we believe it will be one of the most comprehensive packages available for standard DCS pricing.

Enjoy the read!

Click the images to read!

fuCnU0E.jpg

sMPzm2U.jpg

WqgcEqc.jpg

S9lrvpl.jpg

98xlLwX.jpg

mm9c8zC.jpg

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. Sounds great Nicholas.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely awesome news!!!!!

Sidenote: I beat Greekbull to the comments section. That's a first. :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Awesome update! :thumbup:

Looking at the pictures your next module will be an A-6? :D Sorry, i couldn't resist. :lol::smilewink:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Lol @ Gladman. Thanks for the awesome update!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Cant wait for.. I feel like Microprose Fleet Defender (my favorite sim from msDos era) will back.

Do you plan to make any video lessons like Matt's videos about Hornet?

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Both those campaign's sound great.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Great update. Thanks!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Reading through the campaign notes there seems to be an opportunity to expand it if other flyable aircraft became available. Operating Blackhawks and Little Birds from destroyers, frigates, and the oil platforms at night would be a great challenge! Not to mention the speculation about what other aircraft and units are being added to the mix, makes my head spin!

30 seconds after reading this update I pre-purchased the Persian gulf map. And if the first picture is a screenshot and not a photo, I'm gonna need new underwear quite often once it's released.

I think your underwear is safe for now, the first one is a photo. Unless something has changed Nick said the wing glove extensions on the Tomcats are going to be non-operational. If I recall they gave the Cat a boost in high energy turns, but they were difficult to maintain. Which is why they were deactivated.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

30 seconds after reading this update I pre-purchased the Persian gulf map. And if the first picture is a screenshot and not a photo, I'm gonna need new underwear quite often once it's released.

Ha! Already ahead if you! Hadn't they made one (campaign) for that map, i would have done it myself! :thumbup:

@Cobra, what about that "cold and wet" theater that was talked about back in the day? Is that still on the table?

Cheers!

P.S. thanks for the update! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache