** DCS F-14 March Mini-Update! **

Cobra847

enigne sounds are great. better than any hit song

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in a terrible predicament! I'm in bed at 2am reading this and can't turn on the sound for fear of waking my wife. Do I try to sneak out of bed without rustling the covers to much and play the videos on low in the bathroom with the door closed, or do I go all the way down to the basement and crank it up as they should be heard?

Hilarious. Love it :clap_2:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I’m slightly devestated that it’s looking like a possible release July time. And I have a baby due that month and will be doing very little with the F-14.

Great update btw guys. Thankyou.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Thank you for the amazing update, and the effort you put into this!

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Simply - The texture work on that wing in the final render... whoah

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update! That wind screenshot at the end looks incredible!

''This drag data allowed the team to compute highly accurate installed net thrust, which in turn revealed that some previous FM drag tuning which slightly deviated from wind tunnel data was no longer needed. Level flight acceleration, fuel burn, and top speeds are now very close to published values.

Thrust is at the heart of any fighter jet - and ensuring accurate engine performance within a few percent of stated values is incredibly important to us.''

That sounds really interesting, hope you elaborate on that in detail in your up coming videos on the FM and engine system. Do i get this right: a flight model in combination with the engine model essentially is a sort of ''number cruncher'' and before you added certain calculations for 'spillage drag/lip suction effect', the output of both calculation systems would return values that would not match real values as closely as you liked. Once you added calculations for those effects, it all popped in place with real world data?

Looking forward to see this in your videos, maybe give us a bit of a history how your FM and engine model evolved and how certain affects left out or omitted deviate the entire thing from real world data. So to speak, give us a glimpse into the evolution of your FM code!

Concerning the kneeboard: why not give us access to making notes in it during the entire flight? Is that what the kneeboard is actually for, to make mental notes and jot info that comes over the radio (nine lines, frequencies, range and bearing info) down quickly. Yes, i could do it with pen an paper...but i find myself quite often in the position where during flight, mission critical info appears for a couple of sec in small print on the screen and i'd like to have an easy and immersive way to note that. Might might become a handy feature!

Thanks a lot for the update ... and Im glad that you are giving attention to the radios, it was one of the more sore points on the initial release of the Harrier ... I´m happy to see that this aírcraft os coming along soon ... :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks a lot for this thorough update, I am very excited for this module, looks like it will be awesome! :)

BTW, those Jester callouts in the last video are pretty cool, but not standard. May I suggest to use the brevity code whenever possible?

• SPIKE/SPIKED (direction) RWR indication of an AI threat in track or launch.

• DIRT ** RWR indication of surface threat in search mode. See MUD.

• MUD (type w/direction/range if able) 1. RWR ground threat displayed with no launch indication. 2. RWR indication of surface threat in track mode. See DIRT and SINGER.

• SINGER (type/direction) RWR indication of SAM launch.
  • SAM (direction) Visual acquisition of a SAM in flight or a SAM launch, should include position.
  • TRASHED Missile has been defeated.

E.g. how could be changed:

- "Sh*t SPIKE, close" -> "Sh*t, SPIKE, 11 o'clock, close" or "Sh*t, MUD SA-8, 11 o'clock, close" for a more updated phraseology

- "OK, we've been launched now" -> "OK, we've got a SINGER, SA-8, left 10 o'clock"

- "Missile launch, BREAK left" -> "SAM, 7 o'clock, BREAK left"

- "Missile missed" -> "Missile TRASHED"

The phraseology can be found e.g. here:

https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm1-02-1.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Concerning the kneeboard: why not give us access to making notes in it during the entire flight? Is that what the kneeboard is actually for, to make mental notes and jot info that comes over the radio (nine lines, frequencies, range and bearing info) down quickly. Yes, i could do it with pen an paper...but i find myself quite often in the position where during flight, mission critical info appears for a couple of sec in small print on the screen and i'd like to have an easy and immersive way to note that. Might might become a handy feature!

:thumbup: :book: Nice idea!

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's better

BzgPKHV0uJA

Thanks.... Thanks a lot man,now I need a cold shower!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by Cool Breeze

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Jester sure sounds like the RIO From the Flogger shoot down in 89. Really cool if that’s the case. :) Heatblur are doing an outstanding job and while I am dying to fly it, the detail and system modelling is well worth the wait.

Holy crap! I gotta say I am not a huge fan of the Tomcat, but these videos gave me chills!

Very well done. I love how it sounds. The Tomcat flying low 'n fast with the wings retracted must be one of the most beautiful things I've seen.

I get more and more excited about these updates!

One question if don't mind; Are you going to post another update regarding the engine once everything is complete? I'd love to see how the F110 behaves at different conditions with a proper Net thrust modeled.

Thanks, that was great.