Swaying all over the runway on take off. - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #21
fyaruny

To my knowledge and my experience (wich is not much belive me :p) you should be disconecting NWS when you reach about 80kt on rolling speed for take off and the same for the landing, engage NWS when bellow 80kt. In order to do this you must keep the NWS key pressed to keep it disconected, otherwise it will engage.
I think this is used for real operations and it works pretty well for me.

Last edited by fyaruny; 04-01-2016 at 08:51 AM.
fyaruny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #22
fitness88

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyaruny View Post
To my knowledge and my experience (wich is not much belive me :p) you should be disconecting NWS when you reach about 80kt on rolling speed for take off and the same for the landing, engage NWS when bellow 80kt. In order to do this you must keep the NWS key pressed to keep it disconected, otherwise it will engage.
I think this is used for real operations and it works pretty well for me.
I posted a long time ago about this very issue and then too there was a lot of different opinions.
A friend who piloted 767 and now 777 said the same as you. The nose wheel in the 767/777 disengages automatically after 80kts to allow for rudder authority. Below 80kts the rudder has no authority due to lack of air force.
We have to engage/disengage manually in the F-15. While taking off and disengaging NSW at 80kts gives very good control. It's the landing that offers difficult control no matter what you do.

In my opinion there is no doubt that there is some sort of steering control issue with the F-15.

Last edited by fitness88; 04-01-2016 at 01:46 PM.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #23
fyaruny

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness88 View Post
I posted a long time ago about this very issue and then too there was a lot of different opinions.
A friend who piloted 767 and now 777 said the same as you. The nose wheel in the 767/777 disengages automatically after 80kts to allow for rudder authority. Below 80kts the rudder has no authority due to lack of air force.
We have to engage/disengage manually in the F-15. While taking off and disengaging NSW at 80kts gives very good control. It's the landing that offers difficult control no matter what you do.

In my opinion there is no doubt that there is some sort of steering control issue with the F-15.
Yes that is correct, im not sure about the f-15 but even the f-16 has that part about the 80kts NWS disengage on take off on its checklists and the same goes for the landing procedures.
I get what your telling about the landing in the eagle, i have dificulties sometimes my self too
fyaruny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #24
AKA_Recon

I am swerving left without doing anything, what is the best way to make it just go straight - any brake or rudder input and it swerves all over the place ?
AKA_Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #25
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
I am swerving left without doing anything, what is the best way to make it just go straight - any brake or rudder input and it swerves all over the place ?
Be gentle with rudder inputs and make big curves on axis.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:31 AM   #26
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

@AKA Recon double check your control bindings. By default, DCS automatically binds several axes for every device connected that are incorrect for most controllers. Often time this leads to things like toebrakes controlling pitch/roll, throttles controlling rudder, etc.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote