Normandy AGL color

Reflected

I've seen old photos of AGL-s in Normandy, and what strikes me is that they are of a rather light color, not the dark red-ish we have in DCS. I've also seen WIP pictures of the map showing different AGL-s that match these pictures. I was wondering what made ED change their mind and darken the runways and taxiways?

Saint-Pierre-du-Mont_Airfield.jpg

mid_000000.jpg

Normandy01.jpg

vs

Screen_170309_164257.jpg

• 4 months later...
Thank you for fixing this, looks much better now! I'm just wondering why such big improvements are not mentioned in the changelog :ermm:

attachment.php?attachmentid=185248&stc=1&d=1527181528

fixed? big improvements??? besides a little brighter colour, those grassfields still look like the A2 autobahn. there is no transition from grass to runway textures whatsoever, besides you see the cutting edges from the taxiways towards the runways or other taxiways very clearly..furthermore you see the overlaying texture of paving stones....so no, its not fixed at all imo.

The psychodelic colours of the old map were the main turnoff for me, coupled with poor performance (microstutters everywhere). The former got toned down a little (though Spring and Summer colours are still a bit on hippy-LSD side), the latter greatly improved as well, some texture mapping issues in the northern part were solved here and there too.

All and all, a welcomed improvement from my point of view, at least the map became flyable for me now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! Compared to still excessive and drug-happy-green prevalent all over the spring and summer versions, everythinig else might seem blue'ish :D

On a more serious note, though, I don't quite share your impression. Pic below shows how they look on my PC, summer map at noon with clear sky (so with most vibrant colours). Looks dead grey to me. Maybe it's hour and cloud coverage dependent? I admit haven't flown there all that much outside of noon conditions yet.

1546056648_DCS2018-06-0621-18-44.thumb.jpg.991ff68bf63a9545066352ef6871ca9a.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The AGL Fields look still somewhat wired, because sand Airfield done with bulldozer have extreme sharp borders...

Looks like they have done the Taxiway and Runway drawn with a Ruler..

But it looks now little bit more natural then before...

Little bit more wash out in the Texture surroundings would be nice..

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27