Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To provide a bit of contrast to what majority say about Buchon ;

I too dislike looks of Buchon a lot, being a 109 lover, I'd much prefer to have a DB powered real 109, but I see developers' reasons for going for it too.

But putting developer reasons aside, I think there are resons for being interested in it from a simmer's perspective too. It provides a first ever opportunity. Although I always disliked the looks, I also always wondered how Merlin engline would be on Bf-109 airframe, since most later mark merlins were quite powerful and they could be used with higher octane fuel. So this could be interesting to see ;). We know that powerful but long & heavy Jumo engines didn't play well in 109 airframes when Czech Avia tried to mate them, but we didn't hear Buchon being so horrible, infact, we don't read / see much on Merlin / 109 combination at all.

For our more "genuine" 109 needs, we'll be getting Kürfüst anyway, and I'm sure in future we may see more famous variants like F-4,G-2 or one of Emils. So Buchon actually makes for an interesting offering, perhaps very interesting when we'll be able to pit it against K-4 ;).

Will it be a day one buy for me? May be so, or may be I'll get it when it's on a discount, not just sure yet, but I'm very likely to get the Buchon one way or other. I think it should cater to curiosity of most WW II aviation fans around the world.

Thank you for the honest feedback, we do read everyone's thoughts :)

I must admit that the thought of the Buchon in combat vs some other high impact aircraft has been something of a curiousity for me for a long time.

I will state that their are several Db powered aircraft on my to do list :) but I'm not going more specific then that :P

Pman

• 2 weeks later...

Pman, any plans to commemorate the centenery of the Great War? An SE5a + Albatros D.Va in dcs could be fun! Flying reproductions exist of both and systems modelling shouldn't be much of a hurdle!

Edited by Random
Pman, any plans to commemorate the centenery of the Great War? An SE5a + Albatros D.Va in dcs could be fun! Flying reproductions exist of both and systems modelling shouldn't be much of a hurdle!

Sorry,

None at the moment.

Maybe in the future. Just have to see it pans out.

Pman

this is great news...........can't wait........i'll buy all WW2 planes too........will each new plane have a proper start up, takeoff, landing, etc tutorial like the P-51 has?.......thanks in advance......:-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

this is great news...........can't wait........i'll buy all WW2 planes too........will each new plane have a proper start up, takeoff, landing, etc tutorial like the P-51 has?.......thanks in advance......:-)

Hiya,

Yes they will all have tutorial missions going through the startup as well as the traditional quick start guides

Pman

Hiya,

Yes they will all have tutorial missions going through the startup as well as the traditional quick start guides

Pman

thanks Pman......:-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

The SE5a and Fokker DVIIF would be the best choices. The SE5a has the most extensive data set of any WW1 plane, of the German planes the DVII probably has the best data.

From ROF the Albatros series appear to be a flight modellers nightmare, few sources and incomplete and contradictory data....

I 'd like to ask about the Damage Model of the warbirds collection.

The P51 has a pretty detailed internal damage model, but it's very basic at the level of structural damage and visual effects accompanying it. No windscreen oil, no cockpit visual damage, wing breaks only at a specific point, no explosions, etc.

What is the VEAO plan relative to the above?

thanks

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Cant't wait to get and fly these beauties.

Every time I visit the Flying Collection I dreamed to get my hand on those stick.

I really love the idea to get old Aircraft that really fly right now even if not historically correct (Buchon), it's a great chance to learn to fly a real bird and compare our Flying experience with real pilots...

You have one more follower

Edited by Vespa
I 'd like to ask about the Damage Model of the warbirds collection.

The P51 has a pretty detailed internal damage model, but it's very basic at the level of structural damage and visual effects accompanying it. No windscreen oil, no cockpit visual damage, wing breaks only at a specific point, no explosions, etc.

What is the VEAO plan relative to the above?

thanks

Sadly this is something outside of our control, we may be able to implement some different kinds of damage but the set way things are damaged is controlled by DCS core.

For example if a shell travels through the upper cowling we may be able to show some oil leak, We wont be able to put that on the glass of the cockpit at the moment to my knowledge though. That would then be that "cells" damage model, if it takes damage for whatever reason that is the damage that will show.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Pman

will it be possible that the pilot can die from being shot through the canopy or hit by cannon fire that has penetrated the cockpit from other aircraft or ground fire? too my knowledge, WW2 planes did not have a titanium bathtub protecting the pilot like the A-10 does. Even if it was only modeled into AI aircraft would be quite good.

Even if you did model it and the pilot was losing blood, you could make it so that after 120 seconds or random time it triggers AI off and the plane flies uncontrolled into the ground

will it be possible that the pilot can die from being shot through the canopy or hit by cannon fire that has penetrated the cockpit from other aircraft or ground fire? too my knowledge, WW2 planes did not have a titanium bathtub protecting the pilot like the A-10 does. Even if it was only modeled into AI aircraft would be quite good.

Even if you did model it and the pilot was losing blood, you could make it so that after 120 seconds or random time it triggers AI off and the plane flies uncontrolled into the ground

Its something I am currently investigating, no news one way or the other yet

Pman

• 2 months later...
I think the Buchon is a good choice for DCS. It was used by the Spanish in a COIN/ CAS role throughout the mid 1960's, it should make a very good low-intensity peacekeeping/ anti-infantry aircraft.

Buchon ?? this ugly mixed crippled 109 ???

lol, never buy this, sry i like the Spit but a Buchon ? NO WAY !

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Buchon ?? this ugly mixed crippled 109 ???

lol, never buy this, sry i like the Spit but a Buchon ? NO WAY !

Not everyone will like everything, way of the world :D

We actually have some great history that we are going to incorporate onto the Buchon, more on that in the new year once the model and cockpit have been finalized.

Pman