Reconnaissance and Electronic Aircraft Wishlist.

Angelthunder

What types of reconnaissance and electronic military planes & helos would you guys like to see in DCS someday,if ED were to implement spying and electronic warfare aircraft missions someday.For my list,i want a U-2 Dragon,SR-71 Blackbird,RF-4 Phantom,RF-101 Voodoo,RA-5 Vigilante,EC-130 Hercules.

Tornado ECR for sure, because ECR = Electronic Combat Reconnaissance ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think that modeling the U2 well would create an aircraft that most people could not land intact.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The top of my want list is populated by the F-4G Wild Weasel, F-105G Wild Weasel, Tornado ECR, MiG-25BM Foxbat F, MiG-25RB Foxbat B, OV-10D+ Bronco and OH-58D Kiowa Warrior.

While I would like to try my hand at flying the SR-71... we don't have a map in DCS big enough to operate it in. The current maps are far too small to even turn the thing around in at Mach 3.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I would also put AWACS in this thread too.I want to see a Lockheed EC-121 Warning Star.Since i would love to see a fully modeled Constellation in this sim.For single player missions,after you takeoff the aircraft and get in range for air support.You then switch to let the AI be in charge of flying around in waypoints near the battlefield,similar to autopilot.The player then could give out instructions to the AI or playable multiplayer fighter/attack jets and give out commands similar to jtac missions in CA.

Edited by Angelthunder

For EW-aircraft to be of any use the entire EW/Jamming-system in DCS needs to be completly reworked. As of now, there is no real EW-environment in DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Blackbird!!!

It has to be challenging fly that huge amount of titanium at mach3+, managing the engines, in flight refuel and feeling the plane stretching for the extreme high temperatures.

Taking pictures of secret enemy sites will be great!

And yes, it's all analog so it's maybe simpler to produce in DCS.

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/068/SR-71A%20Front%20Cockpit.html

Edited by Elwood

For EW-aircraft to be of any use the entire EW/Jamming-system in DCS needs to be completly reworked. As of now, there is no real EW-environment in DCS.

The OP did allude to that in the first post. There is no real mission accomplishment/goals for reconnaissance at the moment either. Of course some of these types of aircraft could have a use at the moment such as AWACS, Wild Weasels and the battlefield observation aircraft.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

I think that modeling the U2 well would create an aircraft that most people could not land intact.

Landing is the 2nd issue...at cruise altitude there is a very thin margin between stall and overspeed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yep EW is not implemented and will take a while, but what about cameras? Does anyone developed a camera pod with related mission goals?

Inviato dal mio G7-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

It would be nice to have TARPS when the Tommy gets here if LNS deems it worthy of inclusion.