Ccip Piper Rockets way too low?

scheffchen

Hello pilots,

I have a problem using rockets:

The ccip pipper seems to be way too low. My rockets hit the ground much higher (farther away) the ground, almost where the steering cue is. What am I doing wrong ? I tried it with all the rockets in single and multiplayer.

When using bombs the piper is fine though. Help anyone ?:cry:

Edited by scheffchen
spelling

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

Yup, I found the same thing. It only seemed to affect the 2.75 in rockets - the Zunis I used first were on target, or at least not so obviously wrong.

Another thing I noticed, possibly related, was that the STRS page showed a TGT ELEV for rockets, whereas from memory, it didn't before:

Screen-200716-004656.png

I managed somehow to get it reset to zero (closer to my target elevation), somehow, though I'm not entirely sure what I did to do this. In any case, the rockets were still missing afterwards. Something is clearly awry.

EDIT: I've just noticed it also reads MODE MANUAL on the screen, but not on the ACP. I think it should be in CCIP mode for rockets - maybe it was configured wrong.

Edited by AndyJWest

I also have the same issue, all rockets landing far past the target in CCIP mode. I've noticed that the gun also has this issue although not as severe.

Another thing I noticed, possibly related, was that the STRS page showed a TGT ELEV for rockets, whereas from memory, it didn't before:

It's always had the TGT ELEV info, which is based off current waypoint elevation or target designation elevation.

I managed somehow to get it reset to zero (closer to my target elevation), somehow, though I'm not entirely sure what I did to do this. In any case, the rockets were still missing afterwards. Something is clearly awry.

The min and max range refer to the range carets on the outside of the CCIP pipper, and does not affect the target elevation data. There is separate bug that causes it being set to zero: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272326

EDIT: I've just noticed it also reads MODE MANUAL on the screen, but not on the ACP. I think it should be in CCIP mode for rockets - maybe it was configured wrong.

If it says manual it means you've set a manual release setting with the knob on the far right of the ACP. This should almost always be set to NORM.

I also noticed an inaccuracy after the last patch with unguided rockets.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

good evening pilots,

i recorded a video. does razbam check this forum or shall i crosspost to bug-section?

https://youtu.be/Y2AW5nWMRPc

But You started to fire too early ;).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

But You started to fire too early ;).

This!!!

Wait until the pipper starts to unwide. Then you should be in more accurate range. I haven't tried it yet, as I had to do a complete reinstall of DCS after yesterday's update. :(

You are also using Hydras. The old FFAR version we get in the 19 round pods is something like a sawed off shotgun. You can not fire singles and expect results, they need to be fired in bursts. They are inaccurate as all hell.

Though it is possible they have changed rocket type, that could mess with the ballistics. I need to test it myself. But still ripple fire them.

They appear to be aligned with the FPM now from the test flight I did yesterday. Do a run in, wait for it to start unwinding and watch your rockets track to where your FPM is...not the pipper. It's really neat...a new thing that doesn't work!

And Santa Clause said on his discord, that you won't get a finished Harrier this Christmas.

Sorry, but these statements have proven to be worthless. I just fell for it (TDC axis)

Believe what you want to believe, but it's the truth :ermm:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]