VR decision - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #21
Taz1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
A trackball offers the advantage of always being in the same place while in VR .
Are you saying with trackball, the pointer doesn't move with your head in VR?
Taz1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #22
Svsmokey
Veteran

No , i am saying that the trackball is always in the same physical space-no fumbling for it .

I personally like the cursor moving with your head , but it is obvious some don't .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #23
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
No , i am saying that the trackball is always in the same physical space-no fumbling for it .

I personally like the cursor moving with your head , but it is obvious some don't .
I have an old, big, heavy Logitech wireless mouse that takes care of that problem. Really hard to inadvertently flip it out of the way when I go to put my hand on it again. I like the cursor moving with your head too, it makes it so you don't have to move the mouse very far to click a button, so its always really close to the same position.

For the OP, the only time I found using a mouse and flying the plane at the same time difficult was when trying to retract the landing gear shortly after takeoff by clicking on the handle. I just assigned the paddle switch on the bottom of my Warthog stick to extending/retracting the gear.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1. Partridge and pear tree pending.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #24
Motomouse

My Reverb cable just started dying.

I had to revert to my Rift CV1.

And is not bad at all.

Go for the Rift S!

OP has got his quest already ;-)
Old 06-06-2020, 01:08 AM   #25
Drac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomouse View Post
My Reverb cable just started dying.

I had to revert to my Rift CV1.

And is not bad at all.

Go for the Rift S!

OP has got his quest already ;-)
My cable went bad also. HP sent me a replacement cable in two days.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:14 AM   #26
Motomouse

In my country HP support is not up to speed. Cable defect is at the clip (where the cable is clipped to the side straps). Not the long cable, but the short fixed to the HMD. Will report my customer support experience.

But I really like my CV1 for the time beeing :-)
Old 06-06-2020, 01:21 AM   #27
Motomouse

Drac, do you have the same picture with your Reverb in the left and right eye? With the latest patch I had different LOD rendering in left and right eye. Objects did pop up at a different distance. (I am asking this because I also consider a hardware error of the Reverb, the render problem is not there with the CV1)
Old 06-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #28
Drac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomouse View Post
Drac, do you have the same picture with your Reverb in the left and right eye? With the latest patch I had different LOD rendering in left and right eye. Objects did pop up at a different distance. (I am asking this because I also consider a hardware error of the Reverb, the render problem is not there with the CV1)
The problem I had was WMR kept saying my Reverb was not connected. Leading to this issue, I noticed that I was not getting any sound every now and then. Eventually the connection issue. With the new cable, all is good.

I would go ahead and get a new cable, no cost, and two day shipping to confirm.

By the way, if you return the headset, you will not get yours back. They will send you a refurbished headset and the timeframe to receive it is not fast.

Last edited by Drac; 06-07-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #29
Motomouse

Thank you