DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

I'm a bit confused because I thought razbam had a year ago (or more) ago statedthe project was scrapped because ed didn't give them a liscense to make the mig23mla within dcs. ( and the whole drama of speculating that someone else was already going to make one)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm a bit confused because I thought razbam had a year ago (or more) ago statedthe project was scrapped because ed didn't give them a liscense to make the mig23mla within dcs. ( and the whole drama of speculating that someone else was already going to make one)

Who cares? Yes is a bit confusing but hey... They are making it!

Indeed.

And it would have been interesting to know if the outcome would have been any different if the two Mig-23s in the Sidra encounter had been had been Second gen Mig-23s (P,ML,MLA,MLD) flown by experienced well trained pilots.

As its possible the fight might have been different had that been the case considering how close they got to eachother.

Since the First missile launched by the F-14s that hit was launched about 8km

(third Aim-7 launched as the first two that were launched at 22km and 19 km had missed)

so that was well within the Capability of the R-23 or R-24 in a head on engagement

(Especially in the case of a R-24 as it could probably

have fired at around the time of the first or second shots taken by the F-14s)

so it would have at the very least been an exchange of missiles instead of the

one sided affair it was against the Libyans.

The F-14s would still have had the advantage but it would certainly have made for a much more even engagement.

The engagement would have been less 1 sided. But f14 woyld still have an upper hand.

Iran iraq war gave a better glimpse how deadly the f14 was. f14s had considerable ammount of confirmed kills in that war were from the mig23 family of Aircraft and iraq did have mig23mla variants in service as pointed out some or which were refitted with countermeasures.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

They jumped the gun on announcing that they were doing a MiG-23. ED was unaware of this or had not yet given permission, now ED has done that (whether that was a simple question of processing the license or another party dropping it from their roadmap we do not know) and they are fully licensed (and thus permitted) by ED to make the MiG-23 :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I am a little confused with ETA for Mig-23 after see many modules in the work table of Razbam. Who come first?

MiG-19P comes first, then MiG-23MLA.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Do negative G's kill the engine of the MiG-23 as it's the issue with the MiG-21?

This is an issue of the inexperienced pilots. If that happen often to you, try to take care about your throttle position in certain situation...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They jumped the gun on announcing that they were doing a MiG-23. ED was unaware of this or had not yet given permission, now ED has done that (whether that was a simple question of processing the license or another party dropping it from their roadmap we do not know) and they are fully licensed (and thus permitted) by ED to make the MiG-23 :)

I'm sorry, your statement is completely wrong

But at the end of the day, we are developing a MiG-23 MLA!

Here’s a great article for you fans of the 27. Enjoy.

https://hushkit.net/2018/08/15/flying-and-fighting-in-the-mig-27-interview-with-a-mig-pilot/

pngflyer

Thanks for this - interesting read :thumbup:

Have to say, Mig-23 and Mig-19 are amongst the modules I'm looking forwards the most at the moment. I've been quite unfamiliar with them before but after some research they seem like characterful and cool planes.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I'm sorry, your statement is completely wrong

Sorry about that, it was more assuming, not really a statement.

But at the end of the day, we are developing a MiG-23 MLA!

At the end of the day, thats all that matters

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Sorry about that, it was more assuming, not really a statement.

You were not the only one assuming that ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is an issue of the inexperienced pilots. If that happen often to you, try to take care about your throttle position in certain situation...

Perhaps, but i wouldnt judge to harshly But its understandable why this is annoying to some pilots when non of the other fixed wing aircraft so far aircraft are handicapped with such limitation.

At the end of the day means you have to have a have a habit to flip aircraft upside down for more rapid maneuvers in combat, or for non combat, push down on your stick in a very gentle manner for descent

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Who said it happens to me?! Was that my question? NO

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Do negative G's kill the engine of the MiG-23 as it's the issue with the MiG-21?

the "issue" with the mig-21 has nothing to do with throttle management, but lack of G ( positive or negative )

the engine will stop if the plane wistand 0 G for too long, so you have to either only pitch down to 0.5G, or pitch down hard enough to get -0.5G

in negative G, the engine is only limited by the low amount of fuel which is available in negative G ( arround 6 sec in full burner, compared to arround 15 sec in M2K-C )

the "issue" with the mig-21 has nothing to do with throttle management, but lack of G ( positive or negative )

the engine will stop if the plane wistand 0 G for too long, so you have to either only pitch down to 0.5G, or pitch down hard enough to get -0.5G

in negative G, the engine is only limited by the low amount of fuel which is available in negative G ( arround 6 sec in full burner, compared to arround 15 sec in M2K-C )

Exactly. I'm aware of that actually, only maybe I didn't express myself well enough. Does the MiG-23 have the same engine issue like the MiG-21?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

it does, if you aren't aware of it, or you are in this situation (no matter the reason) you might be surprised by an dying engine!

so the question is not about one self not being able to fly this thing, it is about what to care about by flying this plane

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

it does, if you aren't aware of it, or you are in this situation (no matter the reason) you might be surprised by an dying engine!

so the question is not about one self not being able to fly this thing, it is about what to care about by flying this plane

You seem the only one to understand the question, while everyone else's playing it all pro on me. People love to feel superior, I guess. Very misplaced ego.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

thanks alpenwolf, i see the question as a relevant one.

and i think the answers of different people were just dumb ...

think of buying a car and you ask if it comes with servo motors for steering - and get the answer "everybody knows how to steer the car - use the steering wheel" - whoa buddy, good one :thumbup:

so is there a good answer for that question ?

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

It's probably written in a manual but I've not found one yet.

Since it's a hit and run aircraft, dogfighting was avoided at all cost, so the engine fuel feed wasn't probably secured during the useless negative G maneuvers.

Expect it to flameout easily. It's a bad ass engine for the aircraft size and weight, and it's thirsty.

There is also something related to air intakes. It is said that the MiG-21's one wasn't efficient during high AoA and could stall the engine more easily. To be confirmed.

Anyway, negative Gs are bad for every aircraft engine. Su-27 can flameout too.

• Like 1

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module