Harrier Hud missing Pitch ladder?

Firebird1955

Ever since I updated to 2.5 release, the AV-8B has been missing the Pitch ladder. It is working fine in the 2.5 open beta. I cannot find any way to turn it on. This happens in the instant action Free flight as well as the cold and dark. The INS is in Nav mode so to my knowledge, it should be showing. Am I missing something?

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Ever since I updated to 2.5 release, the AV-8B has been missing the Pitch ladder. It is working fine in the 2.5 open beta. I cannot find any way to turn it on. This happens in the instant action Free flight as well as the cold and dark. The INS is in Nav mode so to my knowledge, it should be showing. Am I missing something?

Well, as expected, it was something I didn't do. There is a Special settings page for the Harrier which you select an option for the INS. When I looked at that nothing was selected, so I selected an option and the ladder was right where it was supposed to be. Leaving this here just in case I am not the only old guy who missed it.:doh:

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you also for this fix, helped another old guy out.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Well, as expected, it was something I didn't do. There is a Special settings page for the Harrier which you select an option for the INS. When I looked at that nothing was selected, so I selected an option and the ladder was right where it was supposed to be. Leaving this here just in case I am not the only old guy who missed it.:doh:

I have the same problem. Where can I find this special Options page?

• 8 months later...
I'm still having this issue but that option no longer appears to be in the special options page. Any suggestions?

It's a long standing issue when using the "low textures" setting. It was first reported in April 2018 and is now in the "Resolved Bugs" section.

HUD information missing when low textures settings enabled. Elements such as the pitch ladder, targetting pod/mav ques, gun piper center dots, do not appear on the HUD.

All elements appear fine on medium and high texture settings.

1IQPJ84.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add picture

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...