AV-8B Helios

sicario

My report on this profile...

I managed to get the new AV8BNAv3 profile mostly working by editing the HPF file in Notepad++ and manually replacing "Monitor 1" with "Monitor 2" for my setup (2 monitor top/bottom). Prior to that both monitors showed up as "Monitor 1" in the profile and nothing worked after Resetting Monitors and doing the setup in the interface.

Everything appears to work now except the MFCD and UFC Function Mode and keypad keys wont "latch" for lack of a better term. They will work only while you hold them down then revert to the previous state when you let them go. Most other switches and knobs seem ok but the weapon quantity and fuzing switches are not incrementing the same as their in cockpit counterparts. That's my report thus far. If anyone has an idea how to fix those switches please let me know. I'm stumbling around in the dark on this stuff!

Love it though! Thanks for doing this profile!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the issue... all due to duplicates in the bindings. For every button press or release there were 2 of the same actions. Not sure how I managed to get them in there twice but redoing the profile from the original worked. Single action for each binding now and everything so far works the way it should. I still had to manually change the Monitor # in the HPF file but that was easy enough. Of note, with the single binding only half as many Monitor 1 entries in the file to change! Should have been my 1st clue... hey I'm learning!

Thanks again for creating this profile. I'm excited to start learning how to fly a Harrier!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :thumbup:

2038294937_Heliosdupes.thumb.png.e977db1e7c655819102b72d8283ec38b.png

• 1 month later...
Downloaded. Thanks. Looks like you did a lot of work!

Would it be possible to store the HeliosSettings.xml in the installation folder, instead of the My Documents\Helios folder? And also save the path to the My Documents\Helios folder in that HeliosSettings.xml file?

The reason I ask that is that then we could have 2 My Documents\Helios folders. One for the new profiles, and the other for the legacy profiles. And we could edit that xml file to point to the new folder.

Also, this would help with a bug where Helios crashes while writing the HeliosSettings.xml, and only part of the xml get's written. Causing Helios to continue to crash on load there after. This bug is hard for users to fix because when they uninstall Helios and delete the folder, and reinstall, the corrupt file still remains. They don't think to delete their Profile folder since it's the program that is crashing, and they don't want to lose all their profiles. This caused me problems on several occasions until I noticed that file was corrupt.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for your work. Cheers!

Please see my response here:

https://github.com/BlueFinBima/Helios/issues/181

It is already possible to have as many Helios Documents folders as you want. You can separate your legacy stuff and new stuff that way. I use it every day to run a test and then destroy the entire folder :)

PS: just now realized the query was from 2018, sorry for necro posting. But hey, useful information in there. I only saw it recently since it is a lingering issue in the Helios github

Edited by derammo

Issues with the AV8BV3

@daddio007 apologies for not spotting this post until now. I have not used the Harrier profile for some time, but I'm glad that you're liking it, and that you were able to solve the problems you encountered. For bindings that are duplicated, this is likely to be a bug that I have seen on occasion and I'm hoping that we'll have a fix coming out in the next level of Helios.

Found the issue... all due to duplicates in the bindings. For every button press or release there were 2 of the same actions. Not sure how I managed to get them in there twice but redoing the profile from the original worked. Single action for each binding now and everything so far works the way it should. I still had to manually change the Monitor # in the HPF file but that was easy enough. Of note, with the single binding only half as many Monitor 1 entries in the file to change! Should have been my 1st clue... hey I'm learning!

Thanks again for creating this profile. I'm excited to start learning how to fly a Harrier!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :thumbup:

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube