Our roadmap - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 03:22 AM   #171
realtrance

RAZBAM DCS and old RAZBAM FSX (which was two guys, part-time) is like night and day.

I'm satisfied with everything they -- and DCS are doing. It's all an immense undertaking, and the results have been spectacular.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #172
AG-51_Razor

+1 I couldn't agree more!!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #173
Dr_Arrow

I think that given complexity of today's bar in aircraft simulation, I think we won't see any bug-free feature complete simulated aircraft anywhere soon. I do not see any module in DCS stable, which would be much better than Mirage 2000, even A-10C has a fair share of its problems (like something as fundamental as cockpit lights does not work, making it nearly impossible to fly at night, formation lights, CCIP mode problems, etc.). Even simple FC3 aircraft have a lot of really long standing bugs, which have been there for more than 5 years (CCRP problem with Su-25A, autopilot in Su-25T, texture bugs, etc. etc. etc.). Viggen is still getting a lot of substantial fixes, F-14 will be no different. Simulating these complex systems is often as difficult as designing/reverse engineering them and we need to be tolerant here and expect bugs/problems/missing features and I've learned to enjoy what I have. You would be surprised that also real aircraft are full of "bugs" and systems problems which take years to solve and some even remain unresolved as far as my experience goes in aircraft industry and avionic (AFCS) systems. I also applaud RAZBAM for what it is doing and I hope they will continue to bring us some more interesting (eastern) aircraft like Mig-23ML and I will support them as much as I can in order to keep our niche high fidelity sim market alive and diverse.

Last edited by Dr_Arrow; 01-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Dr_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #174
jpbordi

in order of roadmap razbam, the next will be the A29, Mirage III, and also mig 23

AV-8B Night Attack Harrier II done
Mig-19 (final versions to be announced) on the way
A-29 Super Tucano todo
Mirage III todo
jpbordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #175
Kev2go

so where does the Razbam F15E fit since its not on the roadmap?

theyve been showing off new HD textures of 3d modelling aspects of the F15E within the past few months.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #176
dimitrischal

I’m a loyal customer and enjoy RAZBAMs products but I think there is more going on than just a couple of bugs here and there.
The M2000 midlife upgrade revealed that the module had some serious discrepancies with the original from start especially in avionics and systems modeling. This is more serious than “a small bug”.

The harrier looks like it was gobbled up so that it barely worked then pushed out the door with little work since. Sure it’s fun and I get to blow stuff up because it has most of its weapons but the avionics and systems department has some teething bugs or omissions since day 1...

DCS’ main selling point over any other sim out there is the fidelity of the avionics and the flight model and eventually I’d like to get what I paid for and no I don’t agree with the excuse that all the bugs are there because ED are changing the core coding of the game all the time.

Having said that I still support RAZBAM and will be a day 1 customer on the Mig19 despite my reservations.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #177
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrischal View Post
I’m a loyal customer and enjoy RAZBAMs products but I think there is more going on than just a couple of bugs here and there.
The M2000 midlife upgrade revealed that the module had some serious discrepancies with the original from start especially in avionics and systems modeling. This is more serious than “a small bug”.

The harrier looks like it was gobbled up so that it barely worked then pushed out the door with little work since. Sure it’s fun and I get to blow stuff up because it has most of its weapons but the avionics and systems department has some teething bugs or omissions since day 1...

DCS’ main selling point over any other sim out there is the fidelity of the avionics and the flight model and eventually I’d like to get what I paid for and no I don’t agree with the excuse that all the bugs are there because ED are changing the core coding of the game all the time.

Having said that I still support RAZBAM and will be a day 1 customer on the Mig19 despite my reservations.
I understand some peoples concern however the Mig19 is a much simpler aicraft in terms of avionics than anything else razbam has done within DCS. Its a largely analog plane without any modern electronics or other highly complex features found in modern aircraft. So id like to thnk Mig19 will be in a very playable state upon release , have most if not all features working and for the team having an easier time to fix bugs.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

Last edited by Kev2go; 02-03-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #178
Varis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
I left DCS because of frustration with the lack of development and long list of unaddressed bugs compounded with getting sick and tired of flying around in Caucuses. Six years later and yeah there are a couple more maps. But many of the exact same core bugs exist, every single aircraft is either in eternal incomplete ‘early access’, or is unmaintained and functionally abandoned (no, they swear it’s being worked on!!) and there’s now an unfocused incoherent splintering into wwii, semi-modern military, and civilian branches.
What ED does well, they do better than everyone else, but there is so much BS, broken promises, and bugs that it pretty quickly doesn’t become worth it to me. Sorry for the rant here. We’ll see what 2019 brings I guess.
Thanks for the perspective. What I'm starting to see the high level of ambition (fidelity, and the list of features) combined with the high cost of development may be something of a problem. It's difficult to develop and maintain (how long? 10 years or more?) the software with single-sale revenue stream.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #179
dimitrischal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
I understand some peoples concern however the Mig19 is a much simpler aicraft in terms of avionics than anything else razbam has done within DCS. Its a largely analog plane without any modern electronics or other highly complex features found in modern aircraft. So id like to thnk Mig19 will be in a very playable state upon release , have most if not all features working and for the team having an easier time to fix bugs.
I was not referring to the Mig19 exclusively, but the whole “policy” that RB seem to follow.
Also it appears ED agrees with me and the others and has stepped in halting MiG19s release until it reaches a satisfactory state. Let’s hope mistakes of the past are not repeated.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #180
Falcoblu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrischal View Post

+1 .....With the difference that I will not buy the Mig-19 ...

And even if I'm interested in the Mirage 2000C I will not buy it until it's actually the airplane it's supposed to be, best wishes for the Harrier too ...

Falcoblu is online now   Reply With Quote