F-15E? - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #61
JazonXD

Basically what we need is a multi-role fighter that's decently modern. The thing with the F-16 is that we need a pretty decent variant that's kinda new. Like mentioned before, not many people are going to be too happy with the A variant, and since the later variants (C and blocks xx) are in the 90s and later, it'll be harder to simulate them because of the mil restrictions. That's why I really want the 15E because it's a really upgraded and developed aircraft variant already but still in the same decade (80s to 90s) and I think it'll be a bit more worthwhile to do the 15E? Please correct me if all of this is wrong, just my personal opinion though.
JazonXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #62
mjmorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazonXD View Post
Basically what we need is a multi-role fighter that's decently modern. The thing with the F-16 is that we need a pretty decent variant that's kinda new. Like mentioned before, not many people are going to be too happy with the A variant, and since the later variants (C and blocks xx) are in the 90s and later, it'll be harder to simulate them because of the mil restrictions. That's why I really want the 15E because it's a really upgraded and developed aircraft variant already but still in the same decade (80s to 90s) and I think it'll be a bit more worthwhile to do the 15E? Please correct me if all of this is wrong, just my personal opinion though.
Personally, I see nothing Universally or inherently right or wrong with your personal preference. At the end of the day, you like the idea of a DCS F-15E. What is Universally or inherently wrong with that? For me, nothing. Your interest in a F-15E doesn't make you absolutely wrong or the root of all evil in my book. The way I see it, you and the other flight simmers advocating for the F-15E are a bunch of cool dudes and gals sharing my passion for flight simulation. It is just that you are into an awesome ride that I could happily live without. I would much rather see Razbam make a SARH only F-16, than make a F-15E, for a variety of reasons, but, at the end of the day, so what? How does that reflect on you, the validity of your preferences, the, so called, rightness and wrongness of your preference or the rightness or wrongness of anyone's preferences?

I don't see how I or anyone else could reasonably hold out to the DCS community that we have the one and only true and worthwhile point of view on the matter of whether or not to make a DCS F-15E, without resting selfishly on our subjective opinion and personal preferences. I'm not advocating for the introduction of the F-15E, but at the end of the day, that doesn't make you right or wrong, doesn't make me right or wrong. There is no DCS World politically correct ride choice. Some players are going to like the idea of a DCS F-15E and some players will not like the idea. It is an issue of preference, reasonable minds can and do differ. There is certainly no absolute undeniable truth coming out of my corner, here. MJ

Last edited by mjmorrow; 12-10-2015 at 06:19 PM.
mjmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #63
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmorrow View Post
It would be important to model a version of the F-16 that would carry a SARH BVR capability, in order to best match a DCS F-16 to the DCS Mirage 2000c, future DCS Mig 29, and other future 4th Generation DCS rides. MJ
I answered this two pages ago already:

"You can stop right there as this doesn't exist apart from the ADF one which entered service AFTER the F-15E."

If you had read more about the ADF variant, you would have found out it only served in the continental ANG units so not really a flexible multirole choice for the DCSW. And besides, two years later AMRAAM came into service so, again, this whole F-16 + BVR - AMRAAM matchmaking idea you keep pushing through is completely pointless.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Last edited by Dudikoff; 12-10-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #64
blkspade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmorrow View Post
Thank you and understood. It is a great good for me to be ever mindful of the distinctions in national modifications and requirements for the F-16, from nation to nation, block to block, etc. Our DCS Mirage 2000c is a great example of this. Our French Mirage 2000c won't have the capacity to launch the Exocet, but the Greek version of the Mirage 2000 does. Some 1990's F-16s may have had the SARH BVR capability, but not other 1990's F-16's. It would be important to model a version of the F-16 that would carry a SARH BVR capability, in order to best match a DCS F-16 to the DCS Mirage 2000c, future DCS Mig 29, and other future 4th Generation DCS rides. MJ
If you further click through that site you'll find AIM-120 was always something intended as part of the BVR package for the F-16, at least for the US. Further more it was the first aircraft to actually use it in combat, and score a kill. They mention certain at least block 10s being structurally sound to carry the 120, which I find interesting considering considering its lighter than the Aim-7. As much as you seem to be against it, any F-16 released for DCS with BVR capability will have 120s.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #65
Sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moos_tachu View Post
+1

I really don't understand why people are so much into the F-15E.
Let aside the look and the number of bombs it can carry, there's not a single thing it can do that the F/A-18C cannot.

Plus the Hornet is truly multirole, and carrier capable.
Once ED's Hornet is released, from a gameplay standpoint the Strike Eagle will be pointless.
The F-15E is multi-role also, the USAF -15E might not have an ARM or proper anti-ship missile, but its still the best strike fighter one can get.

Its not the number of bombs it can carry...but the strike radius with that number of weapons or less than that number of weapons...you put 2 Mk-84s, CFTs, and 2 600 tanks on a Strike Eagle and it goes far...now put 2 mk-84s, and 3 330 tanks on a Hornet...

While range to target may not be a problem in most scenarios in the sim currently, it'd be darn cool if it were...

The F-15E is the ultimate tactical bomb truck, and while a Hornet will be cool too...the Mud Hen really needs to be represented here!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #66
TomOnSteam

Well we are getting the C hornet, while the F-15E is multi-seat, so even though their missions are similar, I'd still be getting both because flying solo, and flying with a friend will be two different reasons to play
Old 12-11-2015, 04:44 AM   #67
mjmorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
I answered this two pages ago already:

"You can stop right there as this doesn't exist apart from the ADF one which entered service AFTER the F-15E."

If you had read more about the ADF variant, you would have found out it only served in the continental ANG units so not really a flexible multirole choice for the DCSW. And besides, two years later AMRAAM came into service so, again, this whole F-16 + BVR - AMRAAM matchmaking idea you keep pushing through is completely pointless.
During the First Persian Gulf War the AIM- 7 was not carried on any F-16s used in combat? Look, I am going to research this point, so if you don't know for sure, just say so. There is no shame in your lacking sufficient information to come to a well reasoned determination as to whether or not the AIM-7 was actually used on F-16's during the Persian Gulf War. I have sources claiming that it was, but I would not simply state that this must have been the case, because I am not confident in the sources I currently have Based on the information I do have, I would not claim to know for sure, one way or the other.

Last edited by mjmorrow; 12-11-2015 at 05:11 AM.
mjmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:48 AM   #68
mvsgas
Veteran

I agree with Dudikoff. AFAIK, No F-16 carried AIM-7 in first desert storm. Not the F-16 mission to fly cap, sweeps or other air interdiction unless it require ground attack. I think only 42 F-16A where in combat operation during desert storm, 24 of which where from 138 TFS deployed to Al Kahjr AB. 18 belong to the 4401 MMS(P) both under the 4 TFW(P)

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5437
EvilBivol-1
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=51

CPU=AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Mo/Bo= Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Memory Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, Cooler Master NR600 Masterbox, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 02-01-2019 at 08:17 AM.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:09 AM   #69
Kayos

Since I think DCS is going to do the F-16 after the F-18 I would love to see the F-15E.
I think another multi-crew would be awesome and there aren't many of any better bomb trucks than the F-15E.
If DCS does do a F-16 it should be the C version, block 50+ and obviously have the 120's.
That is what everyone wants. No one wants a F-16A that only can carry Aim-9's

Last edited by Kayos; 12-11-2015 at 05:17 AM.
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #70
mvsgas
Veteran

One thing I would like to point out is the F-16 progression is not linear. What I mean is there are A model F-16 block 15/20 with more capabilities (in terms of avionics and special weapons carried, pilot training ,etc) than newer F-16C block 52. It all depends on many factors. F-16A does not mean less capable unless referring to a specific time period.
EvilBivol-1
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=51

CPU=AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Mo/Bo= Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Memory Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, Cooler Master NR600 Masterbox, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote