Damage Model & Random Failures

Rudel_chw

I had a similar experience to the OP. Took a single hit from a BTR-80, noticed my oil pressure warning come on, followed by the same warnings and consequences later on. Very cool. One thing I noticed was that despite my oil pressure dropping to 10PSI, my oil temperature remained at 60-70 degrees Celsius until the engine failed and temperatures dropped. Is that intended?

Also, the day before I was flying on a multiplayer server (F99 S2) and took a hit from an AIM-9P-5. I lost both horizontal stabilizers, the ends of both wings, and most of my vertical stabilizer. I had no control surfaces, yet I had full pitch control and saw no change in flight characteristics in terms of lift. I had no yaw or roll control, but the aircraft essentially froze in those aspects so by maintaining throttle and pitch I was able to maintain airspeed and altitude perfectly fine. I've had this happen several times in the past and was wondering if it was being tracked/worked on. I checked your stickied thread on currently tracked bugs, but it seems as though the list has been removed. Thanks!

Screen_191111_181823.thumb.jpg.f072d11dc22863da68caf46292744818.jpg

One thing I noticed was that despite my oil pressure dropping to 10PSI, my oil temperature remained at 60-70 degrees Celsius until the engine failed and temperatures dropped. Is that intended?

In fact oil temperature increases when oil pressure drops. If you test it again carefully you will notice it. We don't simulate full pressure drop but very low oil pressure. The engine will quit or last longer depending on how you manage it.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hello,

Just wanted to share a couple of Missions that I edited while learning to handle C-101 emergencies :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307050/

On the aircraft's kneeboard is a summary of the Emergency Procedures, tough probably they are not not perfect yet and there are some emergencies not covered :(

For people that prefers to have them on a Tablet rather than the small kneeboard, here you can download them in PDF format:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307058/

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello Eduardo,

Thanks for these. I really like the C-101 regarding emergencies, sometimes I use the DCS failures window. I will try your missions but I would like to suggest something. M02 (random failures) only produces “serious failures”, why not have a mission (M03) with random failures but for all the 69 failures? For example: random ILS failure.

Again thanks very much.

Regards,

I will try your missions but I would like to suggest something. M02 (random failures) only produces “serious failures”, why not have a mission (M03) with random failures but for all the 69 failures? For example: random ILS failure.

Hi, my logic was that for a 30 minute flight I was interested only on "exciting" failures, I figured that there is no point on spending so much time only to encounter a (for example) rudder trim failure

However, if one wants to try one of the less serious failures, the M01 will provide it and allow you to experience the failure on much less time.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...