What's next for the Hornet?

Airhunter

So, given that the release of the F-16 is slowly approaching what is next for the Hornet? When are we finally going to get TWS and some work done on the various radar modes, HARM PB mode, a fleshed out TGP and actual INS/GPS simulation + some improvements and fixes to the flight model? A general updated "roadmap" would be neat. :smilewink:

Thanks.

I have a good source that told me that the next thing for Hornet is further development.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If so then I think the priorities are kind of reversed on ED's side. TWS, Radar, flight model and INS/GPS should be much higher up the list of priorities than a Walleye or some fancy SLAM stuff, which can be added later down the road with no one really complaining.

Just remember that different engineers are working on different things. Just because the Walleye might be next doesn't mean work has stopped on everything else.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thanks for that

Walleye.

Thanks

Felt like we were just hit by one.

Out of the blue, quick, and boom. Good hits! Good hits!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I'm waiting for the 3d corrections in the cockpit as well as 3d corrections from the pilot modell. Is not that important?. Is it always about systems?. That's all ?. A cockpit with errors? A bad pilot model?. Do I ask too many questions?. I'm really disappointed. In the cockpit so many details are missing in the rear area.

Yeah ...i am blind..not seen not seen. What a s....:argue:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Honestly I think the cockpit 3d model is gorgeous, and all users will stand to gain much much more from systems that once in place will drastically improve simulation. It's been more than a year and still no TWS. Or INS/GPS. Or a ground mode for the radar. Or HUD symbology for the targeting pod. BTW I'm not complaining, just illustrating how there are indeed systems that should be in place before going back to the 3d model to look at the details of the rear aspect of the cockpit (where few people ever look, if at all). But to each his own.

Honestly I think the cockpit 3d model is gorgeous, and all users will stand to gain much much more from systems that once in place will drastically improve simulation. It's been more than a year and still no TWS. Or INS/GPS. Or a ground mode for the radar. Or HUD symbology for the targeting pod. BTW I'm not complaining, just illustrating how there are indeed systems that should be in place before going back to the 3d model to look at the details of the rear aspect of the cockpit (where few people ever look, if at all). But to each his own.

Take this. It's about the principle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216494&page=4 :doh:

At $79.99 you can expect something!. The 3d artists.. had enough time but.. no, the f-16 is more important. The customer who participates in the EA and points out is not important.

Edited by Falkaroth

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Take this. It's about the principle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216494&page=4 :doh:

At $79.99 you can expect something!. The 3d artists.. had enough time but.. no, the f-16 is more important. The customer who participates in the EA and points out is not important.

Common, who ever notice those things. And if you do once, how much impact does it have on the experience.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

I for one, am looking forward to the functionality of:

DDI's : Brightness and Contrast to work correctly

AMPCD : Brightness, Contrast, Gain, Symbology fully functional.

One might say, that is 3d art fluff.

Those functionalities are part of the avionics and weapons systems. I would say that is pretty important

Will add that 4k scaling is still off for the cockpit avionics. Thick blurry lines

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Yeah agree, it doesn't look like correct PR honestly

I think it’s Wags getting upset at our constant demands for updates, whom I have sympathy for, even as a guilty party. However, it’s still completely reasonable to ask about long anticipated feature additions that still haven’t been added, especially in light of a seemingly imminent release of another EA jet. ,