[REPORTED]Mig21 and NS 430 Problem

kotor633

Hello,

I played the Mig 21 campaign today. I also used the NS 430. But every time I activated the afterburner of the Mig, the NS 430 switched off. Only after I had switched off the afterburner, the NS 430 switched back on. The same thing happens when I create a mission via mission editor. Is this already known? I have not had both modules for so long and I have not taken a long-term look at it yet.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

This is caused by a bug where the RPM is switching between 100% and -99% IIRC as afterburner is engaged. You can see this in external view looking at your RPM percentage. The negativ value seems to be interpreted as engine off, so no power through the generator. Other systems are not affected but the NS430 is. This bug is reported and exists for a couple of months now.

Edited by SkipperSMG

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • ED Team
No info on this? They still ignoring it?

Nothing is being ignored, It is reported.

I dont have a timeline however, we will just have to be patient.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
If it's the MiG-21 exporting erroneous engine data, wouldn't that make it a MiG-21 module issue?

Not really, the MiG-21 predates the NS430 by 3 years.

Magnitude couldn't have foreseen a third party module would run concurrently with their own and use engine "RPM" as a "flag" to decide when to provide electrical power.

Hopefully ED and Magnitude will work together to fix this but it seems it's a low priority i.e. it's a 3 year old bug.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

this bug is getting old. that mean Mig-21 cant use GPS properly for more than 2 years and the bug is not fixed.

Good news, it's fixed in DCS 2.5.6.45317 Open Beta

DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC

Longitudinal stability model improved

Suspension model improved

AI aircraft SFM model improved to more closely comply with “human” model, most notably in terms of previous AoA differences for comparative performances

Positions of fire and smoke effects corrected to comply with visual damage

Some audio-visual effects fixes, such are corrected F2 RPM indication for afterburner regimes, IR signature on afterburner, etc

First stage of code cleanup: part of the code optimized for faster execution and less memory use. Next stage in progress

Corrected inverted animation of PRMG localizer needle on NPP instrument

tddKB3r.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add picture

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Well finally! I am very happy that it has now been fixed. A big thank you for that! Now only needs to be converted to the stable version.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!