Caucasus Pendulum

attachment.php?attachmentid=216238&stc=1&d=1566818623

attachment.php?attachmentid=216239&stc=1&d=1566818640

attachment.php?attachmentid=216240&stc=1&d=1566818640

attachment.php?attachmentid=216241&stc=1&d=1566818648

DOWNLOAD

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306070/

Gudauta, Sukhumi and Gali are being disputed by both BLUE and RED coalitions.

At regular intervals assault forces will be automatically directed by both coalitions to the Capture Zones (CZs).

A BLUE smoke means that the CZ is being held by BLUE forces, viceversa for RED.

A WHITE smoke marker means that the CZ is unguarded.

*** WHAT IS IT? ***

Caucasus Pendulum is a PvE/PvP endless mission.

The mission is scripted dynamically using MOOSE, a mission will never be the same as another one.

AI CAP and CAS units are randomized and spawn fr om different templates with random skill levels to create a different experience every time the mission runs.

*** WHY THE NAME Caucasus Pendulum? ***

During the development of the mission I noticed at one point that bases were switching back and forth between RED and BLUE coalitions and it reminded me of a pendulum.

*** HOW DOES IT WORK? ***

The map is a fluid battlefront that reacts to events on the Capture Zones (CZs).

There are three main capture zones: Gali, Sukhumi and Gudauta.

At mission start RED coalition will have the advantage of owning already all three CZs but with no units in them.

On Gali, where the battle begins, there will be spawns for both RED and BLUE coalitions in random locations.

If RED mangaes to capture Gali then BLUE coalition will keep sending columns at regular intervals to attempt re-capturing, BLUE side will send CAS flights to Gali until it is captured.

If BLUE manages to capture Gali then a BLUE armoured column will be directed to Sukhumi at regular intervals and RED coalition will send CAS flights to Sukhumi and Gudauta.

RED reinforcements will be sent regularly to Sukhumi and Gali until BLUE doesn't capture Sukhumi.

If BLUE manages to capture Sukhumi a BLUE armoured column will be directed to Gudauta at regular intervals and a BLUE reinforcement column will be sent to Sukhumi.

RED will get reinforcements to Gudauta and attempt to capture Sukhumi while they control Gudauta.

If BLUE manages to capture Gudauta then RED will not send columns to Sukhumi and will focus on Gudauta, hopefully with help from air units they will get it back and restore their troops going to Sukhumi.

If RED captures Sukhumi again then the cycle will continue as Gali will get RED columns to Gali and Sukhumi will get RED reinforcements and the cycle will keep looping.

AI will take a part in the mission as both sides will be sending CAS and CAP flights to support their offensive.

BLUE side has FAC units deployed and use CTLD for interaction. Again, FACs will be directed to the most forward capturable CZ. This means no FACs in Gudauta if BLUE does not control Sukhumi and no FACs to Sukhumi if BLUE doesn’t control Gali.

RED side has forward observers nearby and they will shoot RED flares when in proximity of enemy units so you can finally pull out the Su-25 out of the hangar.

Strike missions are available and targets spawn in random locations so finally there's something to do with the Viggen.

There are also ship convoys coming to support RED coalition so, again, the Viggen can shine.

The Viggen is flyable for both coalitions as RED side, at the moment, does not have a valid player module with strike capabilities.

Briefings include recon data for strike missions with a recon photo of the target.

Additionally, these strike missions are marked on the map to get coordinates for the target area.

Players from both coalitions can request CAP/Air Cover, e.g., you are flying the Su-25 supporting troops over Sukhumi and two BLUE airplanes are coming for you. They can be requested through the F10 Radio Menu and have a cooldown of 30 minutes.

Air Strikes can also be requested. For RED side a Su-34 will be vectored to a strategic target and for BLUE there will be a F-15E vectored to the strategic target.

The above-mentioned strategic targets are a Barracks compound for RED and a Command Outpost for BLUE. Destroying these targets (or half or more of its units to be precise) have an effect as there will be no ground units spawning for 30 minutes. Use your strike planes wisely.

CAS supports can be requested on demand to Sukhumi. An A-10A flight will be dispatched to attack enemy columns in the area.

*** WHAT DO I DO? ***

When a coalition captures a CZ it will direct units to the next capturable CZ.

Additionally there are F10 Radio Menu commands to request CAP cover or a strike against enemy strategic targets. There is a 30 minute cooldown for these requests.

If the enemy loses a strategic target (Barracks for RED, Command Outpost for BLUE) there will be no ground units spawned for 30 minutes.

If RED coalition loses 50% or more of the supply ships there will be no SAMs respawning in Gudauta for 120 minutes.

To consider a strategic target as "lost" it is enough to destroy half of its units (no need to destroy every single unit in the target area).

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

To make the scoring system work login as spectator and wait for all scripts to be loaded (you will see the notification messages).

After successful loading you can login with your desired coalition/slot.

See LIMITATIONS / KNOWN BUGS below for further information.

*** SUGGESTIONS ***

Take it easy, avoid taking off in a rush and relax, give the map a bit of time to "settle" and spawn the units that are moving around, there are approx 150+ groups for almost 400 units (excluding client planes).

The map has been thought from the beginning to be playable both PvE and PvP.

Destroyed targets inside Gali/Sukhumi/Gudauta space give a 20% score bonus.

Strategic targets such as Barracks/Command Outposts give a 50% score bonus.

You are free and encouraged to host the mission on a server but if you decide to host this mission on a server please get in touch with me because I'd really like to play it in a multiplayer scenario :)

*** SUPPORTED MODS ***

- FC3 aircraft (A-10A, F-15C, J-11A, MiG-29A, Mig-29G (for BLUE coalition), MiG-29S, Su-25/Su-25T (both coalitions), Su-27)

- A-10C

- AJS 37 (both coalitions, I had to supply that there's no RED coalition strike aircraft module, see the nice soviet skins for the Viggen below)

- AV-8B N/A

- F-14B

- F-5E-3

- F/A-18C Lot 20

- Ka-50 Black Shark (both coalitions)

- L-39ZA (both coalitions)

- M-2000C

- Mi-8 (both coalitions)

- MiG-19P

- MiG-21bis

- UH-1H (blue coalition)

*** SUGGESTED DOWNLOADS ***

- AJS-37 Fictional Soviet Livery Pack by Krasniye (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/it/files/2360416/)

- Italian Navy AV-8B N/A by TBear (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3050917/)

*** CREDITS ***

Credits go to the original authors of:

- MOOSE (and to the Moose Discord for the help!)

- Mist

- CTLD

*** CTLD MODIFICATIONS ***

Reduced the amount of messages (see configuration parameter ctld.JTAC_sendNotificationMessage).

Function ctld.getJTACStatus has been modified for greater readability and message duration to allow interaction when inputting coordinates into aircraft systems. Target elevation is also included in the message.

Additionally, JTACs that have no targets will not display message "searching for targets" when ctld.JTAC_sendNotificationMessage is set to false.

Function ctld.JTACAutoLase has been modified in "out of sight" to send notification only when ctld.JTAC_sendNotificationMessage is set to true.

Some messages have now a shorter duration.

Some notifications now trigger a short radio squawk sound.

Smoke is no longer on top of target but scattered in a 250mt radius, you'll have to work a bit to get the precise target spot.

*** LIMITATIONS / KNOWN BUGS ***

- Due to a known bug with DCS events in order to see the SCORING menu you will need to relog into the mission. Join in as Spectator and wait for "Caucasus Pendulum loaded OK" notification and then you can logout of Spectators and pick your desired slot/coalition.

*** AIRBOSS SOUND FILES ***

I'm including Airboss Soundfiles at the moment, hence the larger download. The sound files account for approximately 1.4Mb.

If you don't need/want them simply open the miz archive with 7-zip (or similar tool) and remove folder "Airboss Soundfiles".

*** ToDo ***

- add a Radio Menu option to disable CTLD JTAC notifications if desired

- add ground and air support on call to Sukhumi for RED coalition

- extend BLUE coalition TARCAP/CAS/SEAD(?) to Gudauta

*** FORUM DISCUSSION ***

See ED forum post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248459

*** CHANGE LOG ***

- Migrated AI_A2A_DISPATCHER to AI_CAP

- Added flight plans with waypoints to client planes

- Added BK-90 and RB-15 to BLUE coalition

- Added U-22/A to BOTH coalitions

- Remove low frequency (138mhz) AWACS

- RED ships attack now influence Gudauta SAM respawns

- fixed Zuni rockets

- removed AI Helos and client helos slots (will have a specific mission for helos)

- reduced resources usage

- units heading to airbases randomize their end positions for more variety

- Added helo missions for BLUE in Gali CZ. (more missions to come)

- Reduced cloud coverage by 30%

- Disabled "player hit $some_unit" messages

- Enforce mission flags to disable Unlimited Ammo and Unlimited Fuel

- Added more units to CTLD filter in function ctld.isInfantry()

- Added CSAR missions

- Added random enemy infantry around CSAR downed pilots

** 1.4/1.5

- Update MOOSE distribution

- add Airboss functions (and replace some standalone scripts for Carrier functions)

- removed CAS weapons from F/A-18 wingmen (they never detect anything anyway)

- added random infantry spawning nearby CSAR BLUE missions

- fixed missing rockets after latest DCS update

- removed weapon restrictions by popular request and, consequently, balanced AI loadouts

- set mission start at early morning

- added AI J-11A

- added AI F-15C

- AI F-16A is now F-16C

- because we have JSOW/JDAM now JTACs give also elevation data

- removed AI wingmen, see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4036667

- added BLUE CAS to Sukhumi on request

- added LHA Tarawa

- DONE: fix CAP request script and Bomber request scripts to work with coalitions rather than groups!

- removed CSAR due to downed pilots/infantry spawning in CZ area and messing up the capture states

- removed Gali HELO mission due to interference with CAS AI

- moved AI aircraft from Kobuleti to Kutaisi

- AI CAP/CAS aircraft are removed after landing (no taxiing anymore)

- add airboss sound files bundled in miz file (see above)

- fix bug in BLUE CAS requests

- fix bug in BLUE/RED CAP requests (follow up CAPs would never be available)

- repositioned BLUE Command Outpost to make it less difficult to attack and balance with RED Barracks

- RED AI CAS spawns only if BLUE captures Gali CZ

- BLUE AI GALI CAS spawns only if RED captures Gali CZ (has no effect on CAS on request to Sukhumi)

- moved shorter ranged RED units to Gudauta (L-39ZA, Mig-19, Mig-21, Mig-29, Su-25, Su-25T)

- added Gudauta AAA defences

- RED AI STRIKE Su-24 is now a Su-34

- RED CAP on request is now a Su-30

- BLUE CAS Sukhumi is now an A-10A

- BLUE CAS Gali is now a Su-25

- replaced BLUE CAS with a more dynamic CAS on request over Sukhumi

- replaced BLUE CAP with a more dynamic TARCAP on request over Sukhumi

Caucasus_Pendulum.png.58eeb409a39c4aea317b7e580ec3ca87.png

presentation1.thumb.png.8cc5e7a7f8f262e553bb5310a9ea5b44.png

presentation2.thumb.png.e2a21796ac2d386f3650b0cafa914f37.png

presentation3.thumb.png.09f8f0b07d9c4267730274cbaf5c9d58.png

Edited by leonardo_c

Wow, actual ground war included! This one looks promising!

Will certainly give it a go, as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for your effort :thumbup:

Just curious. You're talking about "columns" that will try and recapture CZ's; will these be various types of moving targets (soft, hard, anti air)?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just curious. You're talking about "columns" that will try and recapture CZ's; will these be various types of moving targets (soft, hard, anti air)?

that's right. They are mixed units of MBTs, IFVs, AAA and sometimes short range SAMs. ;)

And again right, sometimes they will be moving, sometimes they will be guarding a CZ.

Did some testing last night (VR only)

My findings:

• Initially I had performance issues and had to decrease my graphics settings quite a bit to make it properly playable (didn't have this problem with the "Through the Inferno"-series for instance, so maybe there's room for some performance tweaking?)
  • The general idea of capturing CZ's is working quite well and certainly adds to the "world" being more alive :thumbup:

Some idea's for further improvement (feel free to ignore them :D):

• Maybe you did it on purpose, but the cloud base was so low, it wouldn't allow proper use of the TPOD
  • It would be nice to have pre-planned waypoints over the 3 CZ areas (Gudauta, Sukhumi and Gali)
  • Again, maybe you did it on purpose, but I missed the option for SEAD assistance
  • It would be cool if we could fly chopper missions from FOB's "near" the CZs. Maybe it's possible to place an enemy AAA unit near the FOB when the corresponding CZ is captured. That way you can only start from the FOB when AAA has been taken out.

Anyway, I'll certainly be playing this one more often!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

hey, thanks a lot for your input.

Did some testing last night (VR only)

My findings:

• Initially I had performance issues and had to decrease my graphics settings quite a bit to make it properly playable (didn't have this problem with the "Through the Inferno"-series for instance, so maybe there's room for some performance tweaking?

strange, I have a lesser system (i7 6700, gtx1070, 16gb, ssd) than yours and have no issues. I don't do VR though. Graphic settings are mostly on the high range.

• The general idea of capturing CZ's is working quite well and certainly adds to the "world" being more alive :thumbup:

that was the idea. Sometimes you can spot the tracers and tanks shooting, I really like how it works.

• Maybe you did it on purpose, but the cloud base was so low, it wouldn't allow proper use of the TPOD

Weather was autogenerated, I edited the intensity and size of the low pressure systems, you can see them using the weather view in the mission editor.

The cloud base was set automatically to 2100mt (7000ft approx). It is a simple task to move them up a bit, perhaps to 10000ft or 12000ft.

I don't want to move them too high because I actually want to force A-10C TPOD lurkers to be careful. There are some MANPADs and AAA around and I want it to be a bit of a challenge not just a maverick-fest :)

It was also intentional to balance a bit with RED coalition that has no such advanced gadgets.

But I'll try moving them up to 10-12k feet and see what happens.

• It would be nice to have pre-planned waypoints over the 3 CZ areas (Gudauta, Sukhumi and Gali)

Now that's something I didn't consider, I'll check how to do it, that's a very good idea.

• Again, maybe you did it on purpose, but I missed the option for SEAD assistance

yes :) that's on purpose.

• It would be cool if we could fly chopper missions from FOB's "near" the CZs. Maybe it's possible to place an enemy AAA unit near the FOB when the corresponding CZ is captured. That way you can only start from the FOB when AAA has been taken out.

now that's interesting. I don't have any helo modules so I don't know what you rotating wing guys do with them. Should get me one though.

these FOBs must be FARPS or can they simply be some ground units in an area where you can refuel and rearm?

glad you enjoyed it, all those efforts were not in vain then :thumbup:

strange, I have a lesser system (i7 6700, gtx1070, 16gb, ssd) than yours and have no issues. I don't do VR though. Graphic settings are mostly on the high range.

VR asks a LOT of our systems. So that's why some of the other mission creators do everything to keep things as light as possible. E.g. remove all unnecessary or aesthetic ground units

these FOBs must be FARPS or can they simply be some ground units in an area where you can refuel and rearm?

You should indeed place FARPS, as that's the only way to refuel/rearm aside from airfields. As for things to do with helo's; I'd say, to start with, just keep it simple. You could add some helo clients and set and arm them as CAS units. I suppose you would need to create FARPS for both sides though. So that would be 6 in total. And perhaps, once captured only place enemy AAA to the 2 FARPS that are farthest away from the allied side (this way one can always start from at least one FARP). Bear in mind that the FARPs should be realatively close to the CZ area, as helo's fly quite slow. They should however also be place at safe distance from enemy SAM. Have to find the sweet spot there.

I hope you still understand my gibbering :P

I'm sure more people will try your mission soon. In my opinion, the main unique "selling" point of your mission over the other (also really nice) dynamic missions, are the moving/attacking ground units.

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

VR asks a LOT of our systems. So that's why some of the other mission creators do everything to keep things as light as possible. E.g. remove all unnecessary or aesthetic ground units

I'll try some refinements. My best guess is that the AI CAP dispatcher is eating the most resources. I will try a different solution which uses another functionality of the MOOSE framework.

all aesthetic ground units are mostly static ones and have no AI, at least all those in Sochi and Kobuleti.

There's just a group of 4 infantry guys running around the Kobuleti HQ which is not a static unit. I will replace them with a static.

You should indeed place FARPS..

I hope you still understand my gibbering :P

all clear about helos, I'll start with a simple implementation for FARPs then. thanks a lot for your input.

updated version uploaded.

I tried some ideas for helos but none was good. In general, adding more zones to be monitored for capture (e.g. FARPS) is resource intensive so I dropped the helo idea completely for this mission and performance improved by a good margin (I can now run as Spectator with 8x time acceleration very smoothly).

I think helos deserve a special mission on their own, something more guerrilla oriented, already have some ideas and something will come up soon.

Edited by leonardo_c

Problem report :

On the F-18 we still can mount the AGM-154 and the Aim-120. (it's not forbidden).

(multiplayer and i host on my server)

I tested it again a few minutes ago and I cannot arm those missiles on the Hornet, both from the Stennis and in Kobuleti.

I don't know if there is some setting on your server or if you changed the mission or re-saved the file.

If you did re-save the mission file check Kobuleti and the Stennis equipment list.

not at all, it's the original file.

I'm on the open beta .....

When i check kobuleti and the Stennis i can see that the suply is at "0"

but ......

Don't waste your time for me.....

i'm going to say the other's to be roleaplay, thats all....

I no longer seek to understand..... :-)

i've just reinstall all my game

Same error....something wrong with the game files

My friend hasn't this ERROR when he host.

first time i "crash" on a problem like that.....and i'm unable to understand why it happend.

I won't host ......

BOUH !!!!!

Cool mission, love the thing so I can choose the site and aircraft. Was flying it ones with Su27, took 3 enemy down, landed on closest airport (btw, is it possible to refuel on none-home airport? But was Russian.) and just when I stopped the aircraft, someone shot on it, and destroyed it. So I couldn`t continue.

Im asking, since I`m very new to DCS, and still haven`t figured out everything. Thx for great mission ones more.

Cool mission, love the thing so I can choose the site and aircraft. Was flying it ones with Su27, took 3 enemy down, landed on closest airport (btw, is it possible to refuel on none-home airport? But was Russian.) and just when I stopped the aircraft, someone shot on it, and destroyed it. So I couldn`t continue.

Im asking, since I`m very new to DCS, and still haven`t figured out everything. Thx for great mission ones more.

glad you're having fun with it.

you can land for refuel on any RED airport, check on your F10 map which ones are owned by RED coalition. For rearming though you must go to Sochi.

as for the "continue" thing you have to press ESC and go back to Spectators and then select again RED coalition and the Su-27.

I tried moving up the cloud base but it appears that the cloud ceiling is hard wired when using dynamic weather, kind of an antithesis.

To improve things a bit I reduced the cloud coverage so now you'll be able to use the TPOD, just pick a good opening between the clouds and there you go. I think that's how they do IRL.

I also added all preplanned waypoints for all client planes, that was indeed a nice idea.

And finally, for helos, I added a first mission that is perfect for a helo (I think), it's still a WIP feature though.

Additionally, CTLD is enabled so you can take crates or troops to Gali, even though it is a risky job to get through Shilkas and Strelas, perhaps it's better to wait for CAS to take'em out :)

But there is a troop garrison to be taken out and it’s outside of the hot AAA zone.

I'll soon upload these changes.

ps: I could include CSAR missions (thanks to Ciribob's script) for shot down planes (AI included), not sure if that's interesting though.

Edited by leonardo_c

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the mission, disregard 1.4 as it was for my development only.

I consider this release to be "feature complete", enjoy.:thumbup:

- add Airboss functions (and replace some standalone scripts for Carrier functions)

- removed weapon restrictions by popular request and, consequently, balanced AI loadouts

- added AI J-11A

- added AI F-15C

- AI F-16A is now F-16C

- added LHA Tarawa

Edited by leonardo_c

Updated the mission, disregard 1.4 as it was for my development only.

I consider this release to be "feature complete", enjoy.:thumbup:

- added AI J-11A

- added AI F-15C

- AI F-16A is now F-16C

- added LHA Tarawa

Thanks mate! :thumbup:

Will give it a go later today

System specs:

Hey leonardo, this mission is shaping up quite nicely, it's very immersive to play - well done. Two things I noticed on the latest version,

1 - An F-16 gets stuck on the taxiway at the airfield so subsequent requests for CAP (F-15s?) result in message saying "CAP not available" even after the "cool down" time. I don't know if the F-16 was a CAS flight I requested, or a MOOSE spawned flight.

2 - There were no voice overs/prompts from AIRBOSS even though I set one radio to Marshal (305 UHF) and the other to LSO (264 UHF), which I got from the airboss/kneeboard/carrier info. I'm running latest OB with no mods.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the mission.

1 - F16s are strictly CAP and spawned by MOOSE so probably something got in the way of that AI, I guess I'll change their properties to despawn over airfield instead of making them land, it should not influence the CAP on request (the F-15s) as those can be requested every 30 minutes and they start in the air so there should be no problems in requesting CAP again after those 30 minutes.

2 - As for the AIRBOSS files you should copy the voice overs (not included) in "Airboss Soundfiles/". I must admint I haven't installed them but they should be here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/527363141185830915/558053048874827777/Airboss_Voice_Overs.zip

I should add the info on the documentation, my bad.

Edited by leonardo_c