No aircraft arrest system cable fields?

WildBillKelsoe

As above, there is no aircraft arrest cable fields in Georgia. Is it also applicable to Normandy and Nevada, and also, are there plans to implement it?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

As far as I know this is not a thing in Georgia, just like in real life. Also I seem to remember something about the fact that there are some on Nevada, at Nellis AFB. I believe one of the runways has the systems modeled or partially, but only the 3D model and it doenst work. Dont quote me on this, been a long time since I flew in Nevada.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Is it really on the "to-do" list? I have read that it isn't planned in the near future at all.

Also the cables aren't modeled at all, only its black/yellow texture is visible on the runway.

.. which is a pity. It would be great to practise an arrestor cable engagement according to the checklist. Let's hope ED eventually gets to include this in the sim.

.. which is a pity. It would be great to practise an arrestor cable engagement according to the checklist. Let's hope ED eventually gets to include this in the sim.

+1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Being fair, screw up on a landing on a DCS carrier and all you need to do is hit the "fly again" option. I agree that it would be nice, but can't help but think that we have bigger fish to fry first (e.g. the Vulkan API).

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The arrestor cables on the runways aren't used to practice landings according to the checklist. They are used for emergencies AFAIK.

But I would like to see them implemented some day soon as well.

I don't think so. I was in the F-5E simulator some years ago and I don't remember the runways having the cables (or any sort of detail to be fair, it was very bare-bones). Unless memory fails me, the cables are pretty straightforward in the sense that you make as normal a landing as you can, and should you fail to stop before the end of the runway the cables will stop the aircraft for you.