Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Like Rangi said, this + gunfighter really raises the bar for sim controls

Rainer, how many of these will be made in the initial production run? Enough to cater for those who bought Gunfighters?

Yes, that's what VKB have been shooting for - keep the initial production numbers in line with the demand. Working out well so far.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like an interesting grip. I still find the big hangover on "Russian style" grips above the thumb a bit annoying (I have the Cobra, and the thumb gymnastics to get my thumb above and below can be be awkward), but otherwise, it actually looks like a great grip. Colour me interested...

Z...

That looks like an interesting grip. I still find the big hangover on "Russian style" grips above the thumb a bit annoying (I have the Cobra, and the thumb gymnastics to get my thumb above and below can be be awkward), but otherwise, it actually looks like a great grip. Colour me interested...

Z...

Yeah, I wasn't interested in the previous sticks, but I'd take a chance on this one if it sold with a base. All I intend to do is F-18, A-10, and some f-15c/fc3 though.. The shape is a little different for my tastes but I'd do it.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Yes, that's what VKB have been shooting for - keep the initial production numbers in line with the demand. Working out well so far.

Excellent, thanks Rainer. I feel it's going to be a great year for yourself and VKB. So many products in the pipeline - the ECP and throttle are also on my list.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like it and the price is pretty competitive to the similar Virpil grip. BUT, there is one problem with it - it lacks the pinkie button on the bottom of the stick which pretty much all of the flight-sim HOTAS grips have and I presume is commonly used as a shift button.

Too bad the design wasn't presented earlier to collect some feedback.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have an X55 and lets be honest... this isn't the kind of joystick you keep for swapping grips. The internals are cheap components. You'd really put a grip worth more than the whole joystick? It's like buying new doors for a Ferrarri and putting them on a Toyota Corolla because it's more cooler.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

VKB say (in il-2.ru) that the lack of "pinky" button is due the adjustable height hand rest.

With this the button will be difficult to reach for small hands, so for avoid the usual complains they opt to remove... and some players - in their domestic market - don't like the "pinky"button... :huh:

Their firmware allow use the "hand brake" as button together with axis, but "pinky" button is more practical and is now "mandatory" in game joysticks.

About Saitek they say the same thing, their overall quality don't worth develop products for then.

Edited by Sokol1_br

VKB say (in il-2.ru) that the lack of "pinky" button is due the adjustable height hand rest.

I think I would have preferred the pinky button over adjustable height hand rest - but am sure there are some that will appreciate having it adjustable.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think I would have preferred the pinky button over adjustable height hand rest - but am sure there are some that will appreciate having it adjustable.

Agreed. Besides, Virpil offers both, so it's a silly argument, IMHO. If somebody doesn't use it (or can't due to this height adjustment), they can just leave it unmapped. It's not like it would have been in the middle of the grip and gotten in the way.

Perhaps it's not a big deal in a VKB package with the upcoming throttle and the ECP panel (depending on what options they offer there), but as a replacement grip for a TM HOTAS (and MFD's), I think it might be a significant omission.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Excellent, thanks Rainer. I feel it's going to be a great year for yourself and VKB. So many products in the pipeline - the ECP and throttle are also on my list.

Sounds good! Thank you! :)

Current priorities over at VKB HQ: Ship Gunfighter > Produce MCG > Produce Kosmosima Grip > Work on Throttle Control System. Somewhere there's room for the ECP as well. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Really like my warthog heavy feel, but the grip's wheel brake lever got me taking a closer look.

Great work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

i think i will invest this grip + gunfighter pro base then wait for vkb throttle.

will we able to buy it from Turkey?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

How will the "4 buttons" switch work? Will it be up/down/left/right? The way it is molded, it looks like an up/down only switch. How could you get 4 buttons in an up/down only switch?

Yes, the lack of a pinky/modifier switch could be a real reason not to buy. I'll bet if they had gotten input from users on this omission, they would have incorporated it into this grip. This should be added in future ver 2 products.

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

from china? isn't there any supplier in europe? amazon.de etc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - March 16, 2017

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

VKB is proud to announce the production launch of the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG).

This controller was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized ‘Flanker’ series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real ‘Flanker’ grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.

The VKB-Sim Modern Combat Grip (MCG) is compatible with the following controllers:

- VKB-Sim Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II/Mk.III

- VKB-Sim Vintage Mamba

- VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.I/Mk.II

- VKB-Sim Gunfighter

- Thrustmaster® Cougar™ * **

- Thrustmaster® Warthog™ * **

* To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as hat switch/buttons only

** Via adapter, sold separately

zeXcgez.jpg

MCG Grip Characteristics:

- Made from ABS plastic (injection molding)

- “OMRON" Buttons

- Contactless Ministicks (analog or digital) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button

- Trigger #1: Dual Stage Trigger

- Trigger #2: Metal Trigger

- Metal Wheel Brake Lever with Contactless MaRS Sensor

- Adjustable Palm Rest

- Quick Release Fastening

- External Twist Adapter (currently under development)

cI65Zc1.jpg

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Production Status:

- The development phase has been completed

- The production run of the injection molds is slated for April 2017

- We’re aiming to start shipping towards the end of May, beginning of June, 2017

Price:

MSRP $99 (plus shipping and tax (where applicable))

For more information, please contact:

NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro

http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

Or

VKB@flightsimcontrols.com

http://www.FlightSimControls.com

Finally! I now know what my next joystick is going to look like. The excitement just got real. :D

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Newsflash: VKB is listening, and after some back and forth with Ilya he agrees now to include that pinky switch that we all (including me) want for the MCG.

Due to the design of the MCG, it might have to move up and to the side, but you will get that extra button on the grip!

Stay tuned for some updated renders soon !

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Also, the 2-way switch on the right side of the MCG head for your index finger will be redesigned as 4-way switch!

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Newsflash: VKB is listening, and after some back and forth with Ilya he agrees now to include that pinky switch that we all (including me) want for the MCG.

!

:thumbup:

Good move!

You guys are making it tougher on me to decide between VKB and the "other guys"...

May end up having to get both and decide which I like better after using them - augh!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wow, now that's what I call a good Dev/Customer relationship. Amazing! :thumbup:

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]