[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Any Chance of getting Mi8 Door Gunner hooked up?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Any Chance of getting Mi8 Door Gunner hooked up?

Oh yeah ;-)

There was an update... I'll have a look at this...

Update: Was a no-brainer, it was implemented in seconds, will be in the next update

Edited by f4l0

Just a thought, idea, wish.

Ability to set at which AOA it should start shaking, and at what AOA it should peak, and in a way that we can set it for each module.

And move the G-Effect to each module. There are cases where Id like to change the deadzone, depending on what module Im in.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

AoA threshold values are different for each aircraft and are tuned with feedback of real pilots. If some is off, please report.

For XP11 and P3D, the sim reports the values...

Why would one like to have different G-feeling effects for different plane? The force is always the same...

Yea I know, but I use it as a kind of force feedback really, a feeling for where I am in the limit range. So when I fly something high G, like the Mirage, I prefer the G feeling to come later, then when I fly the Harrier for example.

That goes for WWII birds too. I would set the G a little lower there (compared to Mirage), but also the AOA. Here I find it really helpful if the AOA would start 'chatting' a little sooner, to alert that the limit is getting close. Currently I find that the AOA shake comes in very close to when I get a wing stall for example. So had I had the option, then I would set the AOA shake a bit sooner.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Oh yeah ;-)

There was an update... I'll have a look at this...

Update: Was a no-brainer, it was implemented in seconds, will be in the next update

My Man!

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Ok, here is a short track. I did it without VR, hoping the track would be better, not sure if it matters.

Seems whilst replaying the track, the problem is even worse. (Every time I watch the track, I get no feedback (With only the g-effect enabled, and with a threshold of 80). If whilst watching the track, I disable and re-enable the g-effect setting in SSA, the feedback kicks in.

Can anyone else confirm from their side if they get the same?

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Today I had some time to watch your track and analyse the data. For me everything looks as it should.

When pulling the nose up, the ACC reaches up to 3g and with strength set to 50 SSA plays the effect with 20. When dropping the nose, the acceleration reaches ~-0.02 so almost no negative vibration effect is played...

Regarding the G-effect coming and going. Its not only the Harrier. I just had happen with the Mirage in Simshaker 1.0.3.2 stable / DCS 2.2. Didnt really look for a pattern, if it was related to airspeed. I was über busy dodging SA-15's, but picked it up cause I was really yanking and banking, and was right up at 9G - screen starting to fade black, and nothing came from the seat. Then after some more maneuvers, it was back again.

Ill try and pay more attention and see if I can find a solid way to reproduce in the Mirage aswell.

My G-Effect deadzone is set to -1 / +4

I have just updated to sim shaker for aviators, from the DCS World and Falcon BMS version and get this same problem, the G-effect comes and gose with the F15 and the Harrier. Not tryed with any other yet

I have just updated to sim shaker for aviators, from the DCS World and Falcon BMS version and get this same problem, the G-effect comes and gose with the F15 and the Harrier. Not tryed with any other yet

what do you mean with comes and goes? It depends on the actual g force. depending on the slider/deadzone you need to pull/push more than 1-2 g to feel something...

what do you mean with comes and goes? It depends on the actual g force. depending on the slider/deadzone you need to pull/push more than 1-2 g to feel something...

If I turn at 1 - 2g at the start of a flight I feel it, then suddenly making the same turn I feel nothing almost as if it's stopped working. If I apply the speed break I feel that, then suddenly can then feel it again but sometimes only on the one side, (I feel it when turning left but not when I turn right for instance). I'm not by any means an expert on this but this doesn't happen with the old version of the software so I've gone back to that for now

If I turn at 1 - 2g at the start of a flight I feel it, then suddenly making the same turn I feel nothing almost as if it's stopped working. If I apply the speed break I feel that, then suddenly can then feel it again but sometimes only on the one side, (I feel it when turning left but not when I turn right for instance). I'm not by any means an expert on this but this doesn't happen with the old version of the software so I've gone back to that for now

Hmm, for the left/right mapping SSA reads the bank from DCS. Since the move to SSA from the old SimShaker for DCS was done more than a year ago, it's very complicated to check the code for changes...

And as always, to reproduce this, it would be good to provide a short track file!

Ah finally, I can reproduce the issue and have an idea what's going wrong. As usual, it has nothing to do with the G-feeling effect. Its a bug in the playback for the Jeteat...

Nice, was trying to find some time for testing because i was tinking the problem is the same as the aoa problem that i had a bit simular..

But the work has kept me so bussy that i didnt be able to fly this week :(

But now i think you find tje problem afther reading this

Good find i think ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

The issue is fixed :-)

For the programmers: what happens if one multiplies two double values and and one gets really small and casts the result back to an int32? Correct, the value (effect gain) is 0. To reduce to load I recently added a check, that SSA skips such values but the continuous rumble method still thought the effect is running.

I'll release a new beta today...

Beta/Stable released

Edited by f4l0

Finnely i dit some flying, looks like the problem is solved :)

Just ônly flown for 30min with harrier, but feels pritty good... oao was there al the time :) and tested g-feeling too and works fine to :) this was with the betta.

Wat i feld was olso nozzels that where moving... :D nice, can not remember last thime that nozzle feeling was there

Good job f4I0 :) verry nice

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

Well this new version got pushed out to me and now it does not start up.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [12/17/2017 11:45:04 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Torso\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dream Sim Team\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators.appref-ms| has started.

* [12/17/2017 11:45:04 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [12/17/2017 11:45:05 PM] System.ArgumentException

- Value does not fall within the expected range.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

This is an unexpected feature ;)

The issue is fixed :-)

For the programmers: what happens if one multiplies two double values and and one gets really small and casts the result back to an int32? Correct, the value (effect gain) is 0. To reduce to load I recently added a check, that SSA skips such values but the continuous rumble method still thought the effect is running.

I'll release a new beta today...

Beta/Stable released

Thank you so much, the issue is gone!

Kind regards

@f4l0

Is the update server down, or what ever Simshaker talks to on startup? Its just sitting there, trying to 'Verifying application requirements'.

Edit: Never mind. Local problem. Reboot solved it, what ever it was.

Edited by Knock-Knock

Hi Guys

Im Ordering a Gametrix Jetseat Mat https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gametrix-kw-908-jetseat-turbojet

how do you guys recommend to connect it in simshaker for playing DCS, via sound or usb? As for now im using an USB Headset as the ventilation here in my game-room is a bit noisy.

Greetings Evilfisher

Definitely with USB and SimShaker for Aviators!

THX f4lo

What confuses me is in SImshaker the effect gear turbulence says / Volume Jeat Seat the value 50

is it just the strenght of feedback like 55 is more intense then 50 or is it sound input related?

Would someone Post a screenshot of their Harrier settings in SimShaker? Just so that i can get the idea

Greetings Evilfisher

THX f4lo

What confuses me is in SImshaker the effect gear turbulence says / Volume Jeat Seat the value 50

is it just the strenght of feedback like 55 is more intense then 50 or is it sound input related?

Would someone Post a screenshot of their Harrier settings in SimShaker? Just so that i can get the idea

Greetings Evilfisher

Its strength for the seat ;)