[REPORTED] blackout bug

9.JG27 DavidRed

hahahha good to know ... all the time, when i blackout, i release my hotas and fold my hands to pray for seeing light again :D

thats probably why i never found that out ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know ED is deep in Work with his future Projects and Early Access for the Spit, and not all can be done at the same Time. But I would to know how a prober Bug conformation should be look like with Response? With no response you don't know it is denied for some reason or accept?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I noticed that this happens with gun triggers as well (pilot keeps shooting when blacked out). Saw some Mustangs spinning out of control after being shot spraying the guns everywhere. Just thought they were upset until it happened to me one day.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm more bothered by the way the pilot blacks out..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

you might misunderstand that bug...you are not able to "operate" the aircraft during the blackout.

its more that the inputs you made in the moment you blacked out are "stuck" and "pressed" until you wake up again. so if you start to extend your flaps the moment you black out, they will keep extending during the time you are unconscious. but you cannot avoid to keep extending them during that time...so "operating" is the wrong term, but still its annoying, but more important, completely unrealistic and definitely a bug.

you might misunderstand that bug...you are not able to "operate" the aircraft during the blackout.

its more that the inputs you made in the moment you blacked out are "stuck" and "pressed" until you wake up again. so if you start to extend your flaps the moment you black out, they will keep extending during the time you are unconscious. but you cannot avoid to keep extending them during that time...so "operating" is the wrong term, but still its annoying, but more important, completely unrealistic and definitely a bug.

Ah okay,

same thing in the Dora then. If you fire your guns during blacking out it gets stuck as well. Not sure if it's the same deal for trim, etc.

• 1 month later...

I created a small video with the annoying g-lock bug that I hope, someday, will be resolved by the devs. I gently release the stick when approaching black out, when suddenly.. G-locked!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I created a small video with the annoying g-lock bug that I hope, someday, will be resolved by the devs. I gently release the stick when approaching black out, when suddenly.. G-locked!

Release the stick more... WW II fighters had no Anti-G suites or similar.

The "Darkening" of the screen announces all your blood draining from your brain, when you "gently relax" the stick you reduce or stop the rate of that drainage, but you won't make the already missing blood magically reappear in your brain...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes.. but this is happening only on the 109..

Specs:

Settings:

• ED Team
Yes.. but this is happening only on the 109..

Blackout happens in all aircraft if you pull the G

The main point of this thread was during blackout if a wing surface like a flap was being manipulated it would continue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can confirm I've experienced this bug in the Spitfire and P51.

The moment a blackout occurs all your inputs are locked - this means if you are firing your guns as you black out they will continue to fire until you regain 'consciousness'. Same true for your stick position i.e. if you are pulling back on the control column the 'unconscious' pilot will continue to pull back on the stick. I would have thought (and could be very wrong...) that when a pilot blacksout to the point they cannot voluntarily move any longer, they might relax / release their grip on the trigger button or control column? If so then we have a bug as the opposite occurs in DCS.

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

• ED Team

I am not sure it is a bug, but I will look in to it further, just need some time

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Of course.. but I expect this behaviour to be consistent across ALL modules. This behaviour is NOT present on Spitfire for example:

Specs:

Settings:

Of course.. but I expect this behaviour to be consistent across ALL modules. This behaviour is NOT present on Spitfire for example:

So we need to add the black out to the Spitfire.

With no G-suit you need to be very careful to not pull G over more than a few seconds, or you black out.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Black-out/red-out are different than the actual G-loc. In reality, even if the pilot loses the vision he's still concious and can act on the controls.. thing that can be seen in my above Spitfire vid and not so much on the 109. These BO/G-loc phases must be implemented in a consistent manner across all modules. Not to mention the pilot seat position in an 109..

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Settings:

I always got the impression this was more to do with the slats and or some amount of input lag because of the high control forces on the 109. It certainly behaves differently but I don't think it's a different system on the 109. Didn't Yo-Yo say its the same for all DCS aircraft?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin