Training available?

GazAce

Hey good Pilots,

Been in the awesome A-10C for a year now and I’m thinking I wouldn’t mind trying something different for a change. I’ve made up my mind and def going to take the plunge and pre purchase the beautiful F/A-18C Hornet. And I’m sorry if this has been asked prior but does anyone know if there’ll be training missions available or modules to help one get started?

:book::pilotfly:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Every module seems to have training missions to some extent so I don't see why it wouldn't. On early access however we should expect very basic missions like ramp start, takeoff, landing, navigation and simple guns employment. Also make sure you watch the videos Wags has made for the it as it is a great source of information.

Also in his live video part 2 you can clearly see some instant action missions that will probably be available when it releases which will help us in familiarizing with the Hornet's systems. If you haven't seen it here is the link:

I'm not sure if the Early Access will have training missions on Day 1. However, Wags is posting tutorial videos and I think watching those should be enough to get us started. Plus these forums of course.

I'm also reading the NATOPS manual at the moment, which I'm finding useful as well.

I just bought the F/-18C. How do I get a copy of the manual so I can study up on it until release?
Please see the FAQ:

Q: Will the Hornet release with a manual?

A: The Hornet will release with a Hornet Early Access Guide that will instruct you on how to fly and employ the aircraft. Once it is ready, we plan to release it early. As new features and functions are added during the Early Access phase, the guide will be updated to reflect this.

Upon release of the final product, the full manual will be released.

If you like you can also read the Natops manual of the F/A-18C:

https://publicintelligence.net...vy-f-18-natops-flight-manuals/

this is re training but not F-18 specifically would be nice if there was an instructor group that u could join for regular and on going training kind of like an online flight school for combat aircraft that would teach combat acrobatics and weapons systems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Well I sent my $78AU ( with discount! ) off into the ether last night for my pre-purchase. I know.. whatta ya gunna do with a lousy exchange rate huh? but for the months or even years of enjoyment it’s going to give me, it’s worth it. I’m so looking forward to this AC and yep been watching those Matt Wags clips on utube which are pretty awesome. Looks like a real beast to learn though and thanks kindly to all for the tips and links, really helpful.

Cheers G

:thumbup:

Edited by GazAce
  • Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Please see the FAQ:

A: The Hornet will release with a Hornet Early Access Guide that will instruct you on how to fly and employ the aircraft. Once it is ready, we plan to release it early. As new features and functions are added during the Early Access phase, the guide will be updated to reflect this.

Link is broken :cry:

Got it to work

Edited by bC3660
found it

Please see the FAQ:

Oops, says site can't be reached

:huh:

I hope there is some level of training missions, especially for LGMs and LGBs against moving targets. As it is with the A-10A, I practice hitting moving targets with AGM-65Ds and Hs by trolling along hardballs popping buses and trains, which are always nice and hot against the background. In combat though, it's hard to tell tanks from the environment even in thermal. Just as often I put a missile into a house or parked car as I do an enemy vehicle.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

I too have purchased this amazing aircraft. I have been flying the VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet in FSX for some time now and hope my transition and training is expedited because of this. I know this is an earlier version, but I should be able to get into the cockpit and get it doing basic flight, BVM's (Basic Fighter Maneuvers) and dropping some exploding stuff on targets. Can't wait to load it on my system!

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Inflation? $$$

I can't speak for others, but for me personally DCS F/A-18C needs to have interactive training and proper carrier ops. Reading between the lines Early Access is too early for me far too much uncertainty at this point.

I'm kinda with you there BBt.

I jumped on board mainly because I wish to try something diff and all the clips look pretty awesome and the hype an all but also importantly the discount. I mean if I paid full tilt, here in Downunder it works out a shade over $100, that's a bit steep for a AC don't you think? I'm willing to wait a few months or more till everything is presented perfectly, doesn't bother me, my Hog still keeps me happy. What bothers me a little tho is the price of this AC, I think this has got to be one of the most expensive releases yet? I'm cool with it now and the $78 I did fork out was a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure how anyone else feels but I don't think I would pay $100.

noexpression.gif

Wags updated the FAQ :

Q: Will interactive training missions and a free campaign be included?

A: Not for the Early Access release, but they may be included at a later point. This has not been decided.

As ED I would make a free campaign for the Strait of Hormuz map. Thus people would have an incentive to buy the map and generate extra sales to regain that investment.

As ED I would make a free campaign for the Strait of Hormuz map. Thus people would have an incentive to buy the map and generate extra sales to regain that investment.

People will buy the map with or without a dedicated campaign for it. Further, would you only create a campaign for the Hornet? What about the Blackshark or the A-10C? Why stop there?

People will not buy a map just for a campaign, unless it was the first iteration of a Dynamic Campaign.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

if you can find me a comparable hornet experience for less im all ears

PB your right man, now I think about it. The amount of work hours and effort behind in creating this project, that coupled with the great support base IS worth it! I understand now and $100 today is not like $100 yest if you know what I mean. I take my comment back. I prob WOULD pay $100 ( or $99.99 ) lol :doh: Whatever, I’m excited and a little nervous about the whole learning curve. The A-10C took a while to get happening and I’m still learning things about it but this one.. man oh man, it looks amazing but also daunting :smilewink:

Edited by GazAce
Afterthought

Thanks heaps Weas, worked beautifully and over 900 pages yikes! Take some gettin through huh.

:thumbup::book: