To preprder or not to preorder?

Cann0nF0dd3r

I was shocked to see that it is available for prepurchase however it was disappointing that the early access isn't until the end of spring. Not in EDs part by any means, I will be deploying in early spring and wont get to fly it until late fall when I get back stateside! :doh::doh::doh: Not sure if I want to prepurchase now for the $20 off or wait till I get back and see if it goes on sale at all, I have been eagerly awaiting this module!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know you are going to want it, and you don't want to have to wait for a sale (or pay full price) when you return and are ready for it, then support ED and pre-order now would be my suggestion if you can do so financially.

ED doesn't run sales like they used to, and this module likely won't see a sale any better than the current pre-order price for a while as it is in a way a flagship module. So i think now is the best price for a while probably for the rest of the year if not longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

I was shocked to see that it is available for prepurchase however it was disappointing that the early access isn't until the end of spring.

Like Wags has said many times, end of spring is only the worst case scenario so we may access it earlier.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

The Module also includes US$ 16 in bonus points, in addition to the US$ 20 discount, that you could use on the future towards the purchase of Campaigns :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Preorder of course! In this way you get the best price for the module for the next 2 years ( I can't see why ED would make discounts over a fresh - and so resource hungry - module sooner than that ) and support ED doing their amazing stuff.

Get it now! ;)

I was tempted to purchase it this morning when I saw that it was in pre order but then I remembered that I need to see how 2.5 is going to work on my pooter first.

I don't have a high end rig and am a little worried about how 2.5 will run on it, so I'll buy it as soon as I find out how 2.5 runs. If it doesn't do well.......there's no reason to drop any more $$$ into it.

I'd like to take advantage the pre-order, but there is no info or option about purchasing the F/A-18C and new Nimitz-class carrier together as a package?

From the "DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ" thread, which was only updated yesterday: (12 Jan 18)

"Q: Will the Hornet come with a new, highly-detailed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier with new features and functionality never seen before in DCS World?

A: These will be two separate modules, but we plan to provide a bundle deal that includes both. We currently plan a less-detailed version that will be a free part of DCS World.".

So will this bundle-deal be available during the pre-order? Thanks for any info.

Just a question how many time this pre purchase still available? I would like to wait until next month to take it with this offer?

You will most likely be fine waiting until next month.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Hello Everyone,

I am waiting.

Reason:

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Link-16

AWW-13 Datalink Pod

Weapons:

AGM-88C HARM

AGM-45A/B Shrike

AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon

AGM-84E SLAM

AGM-84H SLAM-ER

AGM-65E Maverick

AGM-65F/G Maverick

AGM-154A JSOW

AGM-154C JSOW

Walleye I ER/DL

Walleye II ER/DL

GBU-10 Paveway II

GBU-12 Paveway II

GBU-16 Paveway II

GBU-24B/B Paveway III

GBU-38 JDAM

GBU-31 JDAM

GBU-32 JDAM

AIM-9X Sidewinder

AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

Mk-77 Fire Bomb

Decoys:

ADM-141 TALD

GEN-X

Once those features are confirmed, implemented and, working correctly, that is the Hornet I will gladly pay for. Could be weeks, months, years.

Also, no mention of what DRM the F/A-18C will have

I have been waiting since Jane's F-18 (1999), I can wait longer while enjoying a full featured A-10C

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

As soon as I have read abought the pre-purchase of this "flying dream" I decided in the time of 1ms to buy the module.

I've got a lot of respect for money but even more respect for people... expecially for those people who work hard for so many time to create this level of simulation.

So thank You ED Team.. go ahead to the objective.. release the new DCS 2.5 and work asap for F/A-18 release date... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

Once those features are confirmed, implemented and, working correctly, that is the Hornet I will gladly pay for. Could be weeks, months, years.

It will be a while and I wish you luck.

Also, no mention of what DRM the F/A-18C will have
All new releases will use the same type of DRM that the Harrier uses. That was announced at the time the Harrier was released into EA.

For $80, the most expensive DCS module yet, I expected it to come with an aircraft carrier. I will be taking a hard look at purchasing it, even with it being $20 off (for now).

The Stennis will already be in-game. There will be a separate paid DLC Carrier module(s) available at some point in time.

Pre order now, and it will be there waiting for you when you get back. You'll have long forgotten about the $60!

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1